Tanjay

NVC Question...

8 posts in this topic

We received NOA2 10-31-07. I've been calling NVC and listening to recorded message and entering case number. The recording says they have not received our petition. So, I called NVC and talked to an operator yesterday. He informed me that our petition did arrive there. I was so happy to here that. I asked him if we had a MNL case number and he replied that our petition had been forwarded directly to US Embassy at Manila and any more correspondence would come from them. But, from everything I've read, it is NVC that always assigns the case number..... Has this happened to anyone else? I will call NVC again on Monday and see if another operator will offer the same information. Just so concerned until then...... :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The automated system will not have information on K-Visas, they pass through NVC before the automated system can be updated.

Call and talk to an operator or email NVC for status, we got case number by emailing them.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes the new case number given is from NVC. We receive a letter from NVC stating our new case number and information about a packet that I will receive here in Singapore after one week of their Notice.

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

The automated system will not have information on K-Visas, they pass through NVC before the automated system can be updated.

Call and talk to an operator or email NVC for status, we got case number by emailing them.

Thanks again YuAndDan !!! You've already helped us with an Affidavit of Support question. I will send them an email. Have a great weekend!!!! :)

Yes the new case number given is from NVC. We receive a letter from NVC stating our new case number and information about a packet that I will receive here in Singapore after one week of their Notice.

Thanks mossycouple!!! I hope the operator at least was honest about our petition arriving there. He asked for my fiancees birthdate and name, and my phone number. Maybe, he was just too tired to give us our MNL case#.....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
We received NOA2 10-31-07. I've been calling NVC and listening to recorded message and entering case number. The recording says they have not received our petition. So, I called NVC and talked to an operator yesterday. He informed me that our petition did arrive there. I was so happy to here that. I asked him if we had a MNL case number and he replied that our petition had been forwarded directly to US Embassy at Manila and any more correspondence would come from them. But, from everything I've read, it is NVC that always assigns the case number..... Has this happened to anyone else? I will call NVC again on Monday and see if another operator will offer the same information. Just so concerned until then...... :unsure:

NVC do assigned the case number, maybe in your case your priority date is not yet current and the number is not yet available. Give them some time and they will send you a letter with your case number.

This might help you:

How does the National Visa Center Process Approved Petitions?

The National Visa Center (NVC) is a Department of State processing facility that handles all approved immigrant visa petitions before they are forwarded to the Embassy in Manila for final processing.

Once the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) approves a petition, it notifies the petitioner and sends the approved petition to the NVC where it will be kept until an immigrant visa number is available. Approved petitions may remain at the NVC for several months or for many years depending on the visa category of the beneficiary.

The NVC will notify the beneficiary when the priority date of his/her petition becomes current (or when a visa number becomes available) and will provide all the necessary information and application forms to start the immigrant visa application process. In almost all cases, the Affidavit of Support and the visa application fees are processed at the NVC.

When an applicant's priority date is about to become current and NVC has completed its processing of the case, the approved petition and case file are sent to the Embassy in Manila for the applicant to complete his application. If the beneficiary is already in the United States and wishes to adjust status in the U.S., the NVC may forward the approved petition to a USCIS office upon the request of that office.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3225.html

NVC do assigned the case number, maybe in your case your priority date is not yet current and the number is not yet available. Give them some time and they will send you a letter with your case number.

This might help you:

How does the National Visa Center Process Approved Petitions?

The National Visa Center (NVC) is a Department of State processing facility that handles all approved immigrant visa petitions before they are forwarded to the Embassy in Manila for final processing.

Once the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) approves a petition, it notifies the petitioner and sends the approved petition to the NVC where it will be kept until an immigrant visa number is available. Approved petitions may remain at the NVC for several months or for many years depending on the visa category of the beneficiary.

The NVC will notify the beneficiary when the priority date of his/her petition becomes current (or when a visa number becomes available) and will provide all the necessary information and application forms to start the immigrant visa application process. In almost all cases, the Affidavit of Support and the visa application fees are processed at the NVC.

When an applicant's priority date is about to become current and NVC has completed its processing of the case, the approved petition and case file are sent to the Embassy in Manila for the applicant to complete his application. If the beneficiary is already in the United States and wishes to adjust status in the U.S., the NVC may forward the approved petition to a USCIS office upon the request of that office.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3225.html

Thank You spidergirl!!!...You are Super!!!!! :)

NVC forwarded our petition to Manila on 11-19. How long does it normally take to receive letter from NVC, after their sending papers to US Embassy Manila? :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.