Ovaltine Jenkins

June and July filers - NVC to Interview

860 posts in this topic

I'm feeling ok at the moment - kalms (weird herbal tablets that prolly do nothing) and lots of herbal tea...

haha the placebo effect is real!!! lol

i wish i was going through immigration!!! lol

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swap!?!?!?

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Swap!?!?!?

:thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
I think it is the point at which he first goes through US Immigration which would be LAX... if he is bound and determined to go through JFK then the best option (although long-winded and prolly expensive) is probably to go via Europe. If he can transfer in London then he can fly direct to JFK from there...

Yeah, so I called customs at both places, JFK and LAX. They both told me that the stamp he received in LAX although it does not say EAD, it is all he needs to be able to work for 90 days until we get married an apply for AOS and than he needs a 1 year EAD. She said he takes the admission stamp in his passport to Garden City, NY (on LI) and hec an either get a temp EAD there if he really feels he needs it, or just so to the SS office and tell them he is there on a K-1 visa and that he needs an SS to be able to temporily work until we get married and apply for AOS and 1 year EAD. She said basically all K-1 visa fiance are legally allowd to work during the 90 days but they need to get the SS#. I don't know, sounds to me like its a bit dodgy.

Christine

K-1 Fiance Visa

July 21, 2007 I29F sent to Vermont Service Center

July 24, 2007 packet received and signed for

August 2007 received NOA1 with receipt date of July 31, 2007

Dec 10, 2007 received email notification that NOA2 approval notice has been sent and petition approved!!!!!!!!!

Dec 14, 2007 received hard copy NOA2 approval in the mail

Dec 14, 2007 called NVC said our case had been received and already sent to the New Zealand consulate in Aukland!!!! Whoohoo!!!

Dec 24, 2007 Fiance received packet #3 from Auckland Consulate WOOOOHOOOOOO!!! Merry Christmas to us!!!

Dec 29, 2007 Fiance completed packet 3 and sent to Consulate.

January 2, 2008? (checking the date) Consualte received packet 3 back

January 3, 2008 Medical

January 7, 2008 Inoculations

January 8, 2008 Received letter with interview date from Consulate!!

Jan 31, 2008 Interview scheduled

Jan 21, 2008 Visa approved!!!!!!!!!!

I-751 (remove conditions to receive perm green card)

04/14/10 Application to remove conditions sent

04/30/10 NOA1 received

05/17/10 Early Bio walk in (went smoothly no problems)

05/27/10 Biometrics scheduled - did not need to attend b/c he went early

07/07/10 Application Approved Card Production ordered email!!!!WOOHOO

07/14/10 Official approval letter -snail mail

07/19/10 Green card received Happy dance!!!! No more USCIS till 2020!

Yeah that doesn't sound anything like what I have heard... I thought you needed a SS# to work but that having one didn't entitle you to work...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Yeah that doesn't sound anything like what I have heard... I thought you needed a SS# to work but that having one didn't entitle you to work...

Me neither. When I came through my POE at PHL they told me specifically that I couldn't work until I had my EAD. I had no intention of working anyway, I'm looking forward to a few months of being a lady of leisure. :yes:

Gillian

Oohhh Gillian - tell me about it!! I am just so looking forward to being able to chill out a bit!!! Ok so money will be a struggle but we'll get by :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

APPROVED!!!

HAPPY DANCE

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Here it is

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108665

Thanks again everyone and sorry. I'm not the best story teller

Good luck to everyone else

Love

Tim and Maricar in the PI

Gratzies!!!!! :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

missingmykiwi, I HAVE heard that sort of thing before, about getting it verified or whatever, but I've also heard that most employers won't touch it without the stamp... you might end up with something useful, or it might be completely useless

I think if I were you I'd follow Jeraly's advice and go via Europe... you KNOW (as much as anything is known in this damn process :wacko: ) that you can get what you want at JFK, and the other thing sounds risky... I guess it depends on the payoff with his finding work

Yeah - I thought there were people who booked the medical after sending packet 3 - the interview would just be pending medical results... or do I need to book the medical then just hope? Maybe I could book the medical when I get back and then try and change the interview date if I need to?

when I rang and booked my medical, the woman was VERY helpful, and said the interview date could be changed up until three days before (if you did it after it cost £80 :wacko: )

and she said it's pretty quiet right now, so I had pretty much my choice of timeslots :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

missingmykiwi, I HAVE heard that sort of thing before, about getting it verified or whatever, but I've also heard that most employers won't touch it without the stamp... you might end up with something useful, or it might be completely useless

I think if I were you I'd follow Jeraly's advice and go via Europe... you KNOW (as much as anything is known in this damn process :wacko: ) that you can get what you want at JFK, and the other thing sounds risky... I guess it depends on the payoff with his finding work

Yeah - I thought there were people who booked the medical after sending packet 3 - the interview would just be pending medical results... or do I need to book the medical then just hope? Maybe I could book the medical when I get back and then try and change the interview date if I need to?

when I rang and booked my medical, the woman was VERY helpful, and said the interview date could be changed up until three days before (if you did it after it cost £80 :wacko: )

and she said it's pretty quiet right now, so I had pretty much my choice of timeslots :)

Yeah - I think that is the route I am going to take tbh. I'll call and book my medical then see if I can change the date of my interview when I get it and if I need to. Would it be worth putting in a cover note requesting an interview date for around the same time or will they just not look at it do you reckon?

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

:dance:
:dance::dance::dance:
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

DEBZ GOT APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
:dance::dance::dance:
:dance:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

yayyyyyyyyyyyyy congratulations debz!!!! wahoooooo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

HELP! :help:

Somebody knows what would happen to all my documents which are in the famous sealed brown envelope when i am at the port of entrance in USA?

Will they just check it and give it all back to me or will they check it and keep it?

I ask because we plan to marry the first week I arrive, then we want right away to apply for AOS, but some of the original documents which are required for AOS apply

are in that envelope. Ah and i thought the stress part was done :unsure:

Service Center : CSC

Consulate : Sweden - Stockholm

I-129F Sent : June 01 2007

I-129F NOA1 : June 12 2007

I-129F RFE(s) : November 17 2007

RFE Reply(s) : November 20 2007

I-129F NOA2 : December 10 2007

NVC Received : ?

NVC Left : January 02 2008

Consulate Received : ?

Packet 3 Received : January 09 2008

Packet 3 Sent : January 14 2008

Packet 4 Received : January 17 2008

Interview Date : January 30 2008 "All went just great"

US Entry: February 09 2008

WEDDING! February 16 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
HELP! :help:

Somebody knows what would happen to all my documents which are in the famous sealed brown envelope when i am at the port of entrance in USA?

Will they just check it and give it all back to me or will they check it and keep it?

I ask because we plan to marry the first week I arrive, then we want right away to apply for AOS, but some of the original documents which are required for AOS apply

are in that envelope. Ah and i thought the stress part was done :unsure:

I'm afraid it's bad news because they keep it. :(

I can't help you with ideas on how to get it back, pehaps someone else will come along who's been in a similar situation.

Good luck with everything. :thumbs:

Gillian

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.