paulinespens

My dilemma advice needed

14 posts in this topic

:crying: I need some advice from you guys please.

Ive gone from the hands of being in USCIS to being in the hands of the NHS.

Heres the dilemma I wanna be with my fiancee for christmas. The problem is I have a trapped nerve in my elbow (possible cupital tunnel sydrome) I have explained to the hospital that I am trying to get back to KY for chrismas to get married etc. Sadly the pain is something I can't live with and does not treating asap.

I have two appointments one on the 26th Nov for nerve tests and one on the 28th Nov to see a consultant with regards what action to take. I have found a cheap one way flight on the 18th Dec to get to KY.

The hospital have told me to explain to the consutant that I need this doing asap as im going to the USA to get married and live over there and they think he will get me in ASAP. In which way they will fit me in asap. They have been very good with getting me in quickly so far for the NHS. The hosptial is run by a Canadian company for the NHS.

Should I book a flight and explain im going to usa then or should I wait to when I know whats going on and possibly miss getting a good deal on a fight for christmas?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Robert

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

If you are definitely going, then book the flight so you don't end up paying a fortune. If they tell you that they plan to operate in Jan and you're going to wait until then, then don't book the flight cause you'll lose the money.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Getting better is your priority. :blush:

If you don't mind flying Christmas Eve, it is an option, but if I were you, and had any money at all to spare, I would fly as late in dec as possible to make sure you can get your elbow fixed. Buying a later flight will surely be cheaper than having to return for surgery in Jan, or worse, having it done in the US.

But that's just my two cents. (L)

The UK Wiki

Getting better is your priority. :blush:

If you don't mind flying Christmas Eve, it is an option, but if I were you, and had any money at all to spare, I would fly as late in dec as possible to make sure you can get your elbow fixed. Buying a later flight will surely be cheaper than having to return for surgery in Jan, or worse, having it done in the US.

But that's just my two cents. (L)

I think your right.

I be flying from Dublin Poiteen.

Poiteen is a good drink by the way I had a bottle one christmas.

Filed: Timeline

I'm confused....if you are flying in December to get married on your K1, it is likely it will be stamped then. Leaving to come back after that, without AP, is considered abandonment & you will have to refile the K3.

IMO, I also think the chances of getting into an NHS surgeon in the next 4 weeks is unlikely.

Edited by devilette

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Until you know when you will have treatment you shouldn't book any flights unless you are willing and can afford to lose the money if you cannot travel.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Or you could book a flight that is changeable at little notice? I know they are out there because that's what i plan on doing - i think Virgin flights booked via statravel can be changed for free 7 days before the departure date...and they do cheap one way tickets which is always nice!

Good luck with the NHS though!

June 20th 2007.....I-129f Sent to CSC!

July 7th 2007....NOA1

November 8th....NOA2

December 8th.....Packet 3 Received (Sent back 10th)

January 8th.....Packet 4 Received

January 16th.....Interview in London

January 20th....Flight to AZ via JFK, received temp EAD

February 29th...Civil Ceremony

March 10th...I485, I765 & I131 sent to Chicago

March 22nd....Received NOA for I485, I131 & I765 (All dated March 18th)

March 24th....Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (dated March 20th)

April 7th...Request for Initial Evidence for I485 (Received in MO on the 10th)

April 9th....Biometrics Appointment

May 30th...EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approved

June 7th....Wedding!!

June 13th...EAD Card & AP in hand

September 22nd...AOS Interview - APPROVED!

Nov 21st...Card Production Ordered!

Nov 22nd...Welcome to America Letter Received

Nov 29th 2008...Green Card Received!!!

Aug 20th 2010...Mailed I-751 to CSC

Aug 23rd...Check Cashed

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm confused....if you are flying in December to get married on your K1, it is likely it will be stamped then. Leaving to come back after that, without AP, is considered abandonment & you will have to refile the K3.

IMO, I also think the chances of getting into an NHS surgeon in the next 4 weeks is unlikely.

Not always. If you have prior commitments then they can often be quite accommodating. There are normally quite a few empty slots left for each type of operation simply to cover emergencies or people who need quick attention.

OP ~ I'd wait until you get your appointment and surgery times sorted, personally. The extra cost for your flight in December would be far less than were you to have to come back in January for treatment. Not ignoring the fact that once you use your visa to enter the US you're not actually supposed to use the NHS for medical treatment any more. ;)

Edited by Mags

Booked a flight christmas eve £200 one way £20 to change dates.

I wanted to get a seat for christmas just incase they all sell out.

Edited by paulinespens

Booked a flight christmas eve £200 one way £20 to change dates.

I wanted to get a seat for christmas just incase they all sell out.

Are you using your K1 at Xmas?

Hopefully using it at christmas

Best of luck with surgery dates,

hope it works out for you. :thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks

Im sure it will work out just fine for me.

If I have to change the flight then I do have to change it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think you made a good decision pushing the flight date later. You should indeed make it a priority to get your medical stuff worked out before coming over

K1 Timeline!

I-129F Sent - May 9, 2007

Recieved hard copy NOA1 - May 19, 2007

NOA2 !!! - August 10, 2007

Interview scheduled for Nov 6th, 2007 APPROVED weeee

Entry 11/24/07

Marriage: 1/14/08

(see timeline for full list of dates/info)

AOS

Sent package to Chicago - 1/23/2008

Recv'd - 1/25/2008

Notice Date for I-485, I-765, and I-131 - 1/30/2008

Transfer notice to Cali - 2/12/2008

Biometrics - 2/21/2008

EAD Card Production ordered 3/19/08

and again on 3/24/08 ??

AP approved 3/19/08

AP document received 3/25/08

Touched 3/27/08

Called to check case status 12/15/08 were told we are still in processing time

RFE email notice 1/9/09

Medical appointment 1/31/09. husband loses RFE paper same day.

New RFE paper requested on 2/4/09.

New RFE paper received 2/28/09..gee good thing that RFE isnt due til beginning of April!!!!!!

Send RFE reply 3/3/08

EAD Approval was NOT updated online. We had an infopass meeting for 3/6 and then the EAD shows up in the mail on 3/5!!!! cancelled appointment,

all i have to say is #######.

STILL WAITING in March 09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.