Welshcookie

Sailing transatlantic on the Queen Mary...

27 posts in this topic

What a FAB idea!!!!

*lightbulb goes off over Lisa's head*

How much dosh we talkin here?

:lol: I think it would be just your style...you're so glam :P ...I will keep you posted :thumbs:

ohhh...nice link Dev :thumbs: I have had difficulty accessing a US site to find out about booking from here...I managed to get to the official US website but when it came to booking it sent me back to the UK site....for some reason it is cheaper if you book from the US :huh: Luckily we have an American credit card or two :D

My sister went the other way last year, even stopping in Bermuda for a few days. She loved it. Next summer she is taking the northern route to Greenland and Iceland then on to Europe.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I would be completely pea green with envy! Pics would be mandatory!

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Filed: Timeline
What a FAB idea!!!!

*lightbulb goes off over Lisa's head*

How much dosh we talkin here?

:lol: I think it would be just your style...you're so glam :P ...I will keep you posted :thumbs:

:lol:

You'd better!

Thx for the link :) That's suprisingly low...I mean it'll still add up, but I was expecting a lot worse!

Only probbo is, I still have to fly to get there :cry:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I think it will be pretty cool to sail into New York as a brand new immigrant :lol:

What a fabulous idea, especially if it sails past the Statue of Liberty. I think you should definitely go for it. :dance:

britishmensig-4_zps4475e6b2.jpg

Only probbo is, I still have to fly to get there :cry:

Well, yeh.....I will have that problem too :( After a couple of days sight seeing in NY we will have fly to where ever we will be living. The last time we in the US and we had to get a flight from Atlanta to AL, I couldn't believe the plane when I saw it, it was the tiniest plane I had ever been in....I remember stopping on the runway and saying "please tell me that is not our plane"...I have never felt so claustrophobic in my life :lol: But as it happened it is the smoothest flight I have ever experienced.

I think it will be pretty cool to sail into New York as a brand new immigrant :lol:

What a fabulous idea, especially if it sails past the Statue of Liberty. I think you should definitely go for it. :dance:

Yes it sails right past the statue of Liberty, and its a weird feeling that many before have emigrated that way. I am so glad I chose to arrive in the States by the Queen Mary.

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

This looks a fantastic idea. Ive mentioned it to Lara and the thought of a 6 day cruise on the Queen Mary is magical and a wonderfull way of arriving in New York. Were certainly going to look into this.

beach_1_001.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.