• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Oh myyyyyyy, what a night MENA had last night. I am sorry I had a hockey game to go to. lol I would have loved to have joined in the festivities. :lol:

Haha I missed it all too ! I was watching our Spurs beat up the Lakers -- Mahmoud & I got tickets to the game :dance: Bwwaahhahahhahaaaa The High and Mighty Kobe got outscored by The Down and Dirty Bruce Bowen :lol:(L)

But at least I managed to get in a pic before the lock.... :ph34r:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Are u planning children now??? Boys names just seem so hard to think up between us. I like the name Matthew, he doesnt...so grrrr lol.

We were originally going to start 100% in january, but then remade our plans to pay off my student loans before we started. So he's out looking for a second job and so am I :) He's sinking a lot of money into my loans which is pretty admirable IMO. We plan on paying them off in under 3 years and moving back to Jordan in about 5? But I know as soon as we don't have much debt left, we're going to start trying.

Boy names were hard because he wants them to be named something that makes sense to his relatives and I want something that makes sense to mine. I like Noah and we agreed on the name.. somewhat. He insists on Nuh. I don't care much as long as I can call him Noah and it's transliterated like that. I've tried explaining Nuh sounds weird and will never be pronounced right to an English speaker-- people can't do my name, so why would they get Nuh? Qais is the second boy name, but I'm not sure about it. I keep looking for another one. I wanted Isaac, and he said no, and then I wanted Benjamin and he said NO. I'm still going to try for Binyamin (Benjamin). He said it's a Hebrew name and no one will like it. I don't really care what they think! :) I don't tend to like the Arabian form of certain names, and some names that I *do* like that go either way are more like girl names to me, so we're at a hitch. Girls were pretty easy, although he completely nixed Violet and said it was a stupid name that could never be spelled in Arabic :(

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Oh myyyyyyy, what a night MENA had last night. I am sorry I had a hockey game to go to. lol I would have loved to have joined in the festivities. :lol:

Haha I missed it all too ! I was watching our Spurs beat up the Lakers -- Mahmoud & I got tickets to the game :dance: Bwwaahhahahhahaaaa The High and Mighty Kobe got outscored by The Down and Dirty Bruce Bowen :lol:(L)

But at least I managed to get in a pic before the lock.... :ph34r:

I am glad you all beat the Lakers, I do not care for Kobe myself and I live in So Ca.

Timeline
off topic - I need a barfy smiley right about now :unsure:

89g02dz.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline
Me, mean? uh...no....I am refraining from responding to the comment on the 'festivities'.

J :luv:

Somtimes a "nevermind" is just as bad as an actual comment, somtimes worse.

LMFAO!

I call this crazy insurance company to get stuck in the call queue and this is what it tells me:

Due to heavy call volume your call has been placed on hold. Please listen to our WOOOOONNNNDERFUL elevator music and stay awake to speak to the next available customer service representative.

No lie! :lol:

Timeline

Back to barf graphics !!!

This is one of the most "interesting" ones I found (so of course I am compelled to post it)

6ywz30p.gif

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Back to barf graphics !!!

This is one of the most "interesting" ones I found (so of course I am compelled to post it)

6ywz30p.gif

I love it.

Timeline
:pop: So is this.

(seriously, my 'never mind' is NEVER worse than my comments, trust me on this, I deserve to be self edited to avoid breaking TOS)

J :luv:

Then why bother to post anything at all?

Edited by SandyNJack

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Are u planning children now??? Boys names just seem so hard to think up between us. I like the name Matthew, he doesnt...so grrrr lol.

We were originally going to start 100% in january, but then remade our plans to pay off my student loans before we started. So he's out looking for a second job and so am I :) He's sinking a lot of money into my loans which is pretty admirable IMO. We plan on paying them off in under 3 years and moving back to Jordan in about 5? But I know as soon as we don't have much debt left, we're going to start trying.

Boy names were hard because he wants them to be named something that makes sense to his relatives and I want something that makes sense to mine. I like Noah and we agreed on the name.. somewhat. He insists on Nuh. I don't care much as long as I can call him Noah and it's transliterated like that. I've tried explaining Nuh sounds weird and will never be pronounced right to an English speaker-- people can't do my name, so why would they get Nuh? Qais is the second boy name, but I'm not sure about it. I keep looking for another one. I wanted Isaac, and he said no, and then I wanted Benjamin and he said NO. I'm still going to try for Binyamin (Benjamin). He said it's a Hebrew name and no one will like it. I don't really care what they think! :) I don't tend to like the Arabian form of certain names, and some names that I *do* like that go either way are more like girl names to me, so we're at a hitch. Girls were pretty easy, although he completely nixed Violet and said it was a stupid name that could never be spelled in Arabic :(

How about Adam? I have heard that used for MENA/American babies before!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.