SusieK

Dont mean to post a duplicate thread but this one good

8 posts in this topic

In another area of the forum which i just discovered because I am somewhat of a newbie I found this article and yes I did write to the journalist who did the write up.....maybe if more wrote to her it would be a quizzical nature for her to pursue further.

The article is about VJ and how many people are members etc. If you would like to write to the journalist just click on her name in the article and it will give you the format to email...

I think the more action that is shown about what is going would be a positive for all here. My main thrust to her was that if USCIS was doing a fee increase, ok so be it, but again, prepare to have the influx of applications streaming in.

Its like living in the hurricane belt of the southeast. Hurricane season approaching so peeps are buying lumber, flashlights etc, and they store says ok everyone, we are going to raise our prices next week, so you know that people are going to be in line waiting to buy. So be prepared. If you are going to raise prices, expect the expected and have enough people to deal with and supplies. . :angry: But for USCIS and other offices dont make the waiting time unbearable for people that are waiting for their loved ones, at least touch a file within the allocated time stated.

:help:

HERE IS THE LINK:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7102801706.html

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

:( The Link is Broken :(

Try this .... sorry picking it up from story should work xxx

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

08/10Received

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Also here is the reporters email addy if anyone cant find the link to do so

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/staff/e...arin+brulliard/

Cheers all :thumbs:

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Just as a side note, had some people that are in the press take notice of this....not sure if it means anything, but hopefully other people feeling the strain of a system gone haywire email this reporter. Listen up peeps, it cant hurt and from what I am reading, the work visas are now a priority with the N400 coming after them, then they get to the familys seperated. Not knocking anyone but found it interesting that the work visas have an actual deadline set on them - MAX 90 DAYS. Wow didnt know our economy was that great that we needed to get peeps in the country to work. hmmmmm........

Please take a look at this article, its about what most of us are going through and the pure torture of not knowing what the heck is happening week after week, the more people that respond to the reported at the washington post, maybe just maybe someone somewhere will take a look and say ....wow election year coming up, I can get some votes off this one.

Cheers again

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Just as a side note, had some people that are in the press take notice of this....not sure if it means anything, but hopefully other people feeling the strain of a system gone haywire email this reporter. Listen up peeps, it cant hurt and from what I am reading, the work visas are now a priority with the N400 coming after them, then they get to the familys seperated. Not knocking anyone but found it interesting that the work visas have an actual deadline set on them - MAX 90 DAYS. Wow didnt know our economy was that great that we needed to get peeps in the country to work. hmmmmm........

Please take a look at this article, its about what most of us are going through and the pure torture of not knowing what the heck is happening week after week, the more people that respond to the reported at the washington post, maybe just maybe someone somewhere will take a look and say ....wow election year coming up, I can get some votes off this one.

Cheers again

Can someone answer me and hopefully someone that has an in what this law is really about - why does an employment Visa have the sanctions of a 90 DAY MAX MUST MOVE IT and not other applications - I mean are not families a mandate also? Sorry to keep this thread active but I just sense something wrong here, and again no offense to anyone going through the I 485 procedure.

Just looking to make sense of this whole thing.

Cheers

Q : Is USCIS prioritizing certain application(s) during the receipting process?

Yes. The Application to Adjust Status (I-485) will have first priority because USCIS needs to ensure that these applications are receipted in a timeframe that would allow processing of an application for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) within 90 days of filing as mandated by law [8 CFR 247a.13(d)]. Our second priority will be to receipt the Application for Naturalization (N-400) so that we can minimize any delays in obtaining citizenship.

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Can someone answer me and hopefully someone that has an in what this law is really about - why does an employment Visa have the sanctions of a 90 DAY MAX MUST MOVE IT and not other applications - I mean are not families a mandate also? Sorry to keep this thread active but I just sense something wrong here, and again no offense to anyone going through the I 485 procedure.

Cheers

Yes. The Application to Adjust Status (I-485) will have first priority because USCIS needs to ensure that these applications are receipted in a timeframe that would allow processing of an application for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) within 90 days of filing as mandated by law [8 CFR 247a.13(d)]. Our second priority will be to receipt the Application for Naturalization (N-400) so that we can minimize any delays in obtaining citizenship.

I can understand this priority in a way, even though I'm nowhere near that step yet.

The person applying for the adjustment of status and EAD has already gone through the long K1/K3 waiting process from their home countries and has arrived in the US and is midway in their journey. Basically in limbo. Remember that the person does not have their green card at this time and could be entirely reliant on their spouse for support as they are not allowed to work. They will not have a social security number as they have no work authorisation, so will not be able to get many things that rely on the SSN to obtain. This step enables them to get the tools (for want of a better word) that enable them to live a normal life in the States, instead of a completely reliant life.

It makes sense to push a case through to completion, instead of leaving cases hanging while allowing more people to reach this step. It is still a step in the chain :)

Exactly why it is required by law, I don't know.

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Cheers

I can understand this priority in a way, even though I'm nowhere near that step yet.

The person applying for the adjustment of status and EAD has already gone through the long K1/K3 waiting process from their home countries and has arrived in the US and is midway in their journey. Basically in limbo. Remember that the person does not have their green card at this time and could be entirely reliant on their spouse for support as they are not allowed to work. They will not have a social security number as they have no work authorisation, so will not be able to get many things that rely on the SSN to obtain. This step enables them to get the tools (for want of a better word) that enable them to live a normal life in the States, instead of a completely reliant life.

It makes sense to push a case through to completion, instead of leaving cases hanging while allowing more people to reach this step. It is still a step in the chain :)

Exactly why it is required by law, I don't know.

Thanks luv, always count on you for accurate information and yes on the law - havent figurered that one out yet!! But again thank u so much for satisfying my curiousity!!!!!

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.