Bradan

K1 advice please

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. thanks for reading. I want to file K1 for my gf to come to the US from VN. but I got one big problem that is I'm currently a full time college student WITH NO job yet. I will earn my B.S degree this december. I know when we file k1 we have to provide 3 yrs of tax return which I don't have any. so is that mean I have to wait till I got a job and 3 yrs later send out K1 application ? any advice what I have to do. really appreciated. Have a nice day everyone.

Category F3

PD 07 April 2005

Case approval 23 January 2006

Changeability Rest of World

AOS Fee Paid May 25 2016 ,IV Fee Paid June 7 2016,DS 260 filled June 28 2016,Scanned June 30 2016

Case Complete Sept 20 2016

IL ---------

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You provide income data at the time of VISA interview, NOT when you file the I-129F.

It takes several months from I-129F filing to Visa interview, your income situation will change during that period, and you should also be able to use a Joint-Sponsor for K-1 interview.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Thanks for reply YuAndYan. what about the tax return that they required. and i see on the G-325A they ask for employment information. if my sister Sponsor for me do they require me to have a job. or it can be all on my sister. thanks. please give me advice on how to do this. thanks alot everyone.

Category F3

PD 07 April 2005

AOS Fee Paid May 25 2016 ,IV Fee Paid June 7 2016,DS 260 filled June 28 2016,Scanned June 30 2016

IL ---------

I am in the same situation. I'm in medical school, so obviously I can't work. We used my mother, showed proof of her making over the 125% poverty line (K1, and now for AOS as well) and have had no problems. I had worked a bit during the summer etc, so I submitted those, but my mom's info was what we primarily used. You both need to fill in the financial info sheets etc. You just provide as much info as you can. There are lots of students on here and we haven't had too many problems with co-sponsors. You absolutely DON'T have to have a job as long as you can show a cosponsor willing to sign the forms that makes enough.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline
Thanks for reply YuAndYan. what about the tax return that they required. and i see on the G-325A they ask for employment information. if my sister Sponsor for me do they require me to have a job. or it can be all on my sister. thanks. please give me advice on how to do this. thanks alot everyone.

In order to file the I-129F you don't need to provide financial information (other than the check for 455.00$ :P). Like YuAndDan said, the sponsorship stuff isn't until the interview much later in the process.

If your sister can sponsor you, you do not need to have a job. You just need to prove that if your fiance was allowed to enter the U.S., s/he would not become a burden of the state. As to the tax returns... if you read the instructions on the I-134 form, it doesn't require you to send in the last 3 years tax returns. I-134, Affidavit of Support (.pdf)

Good Luck!

:star:

Kate

[font="Tahoma"][color="#9932CC"]10/01/2007 Sent I-129F
10/02/2007 @10:55am Arrived CSC
10/30/2007 NOA1 issued
11/01/2007 Touched
11/05/2007 Check cashed and paper NOA1 received
11/11/2007 Touched![/color][/font]

Thank you very much every one. really appreciate your time. Good luck to those whose still on the process. I will send out the I-129F soon.

Category F3

PD 07 April 2005

IL ---------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.