boxter

I-824 Is this really neccessary for forwarding I-130 to NVC

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I received the approval of my I-130 today from the USCIS. It is stated in the approval notice that in order for my petition to be forwarded to the NVC I have to file Form I-824, Application for action on an approved application or petition. There is a fee for this application amounting to $340. I just want to ask anybody if they have done something similar to this? The fee is big and I don't want make a mistake.

I have always thought that it is automatic that the petition gets forwarded in the NVC by the USCIS after the USCIS approves the petition. Then why do I have to pay the USCIS to forward my petition to the NVC?

Please help

I received the approval of my I-130 today from the USCIS. It is stated in the approval notice that in order for my petition to be forwarded to the NVC I have to file Form I-824, Application for action on an approved application or petition. There is a fee for this application amounting to $340. I just want to ask anybody if they have done something similar to this? The fee is big and I don't want make a mistake.

I have always thought that it is automatic that the petition gets forwarded in the NVC by the USCIS after the USCIS approves the petition. Then why do I have to pay the USCIS to forward my petition to the NVC?

Please help

If you also have an approved I-129f, then yes, you must file the I-824 to get the I-130 forwarded to the NVC. It's been reported that it takes about six months. So if your I-129f is on its way or has already been to NVC, I would not bother with forwarding the I-130 in most cases. If you want to adjust status in the states after entering with the K3, do not file the I-824.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Filed: Timeline

Thanks MargotDarko for the swift reply.

My problem is both the I-129F and the I-130 were approved at the same time by the USCIS on Oct. 24. I guess with this situation, I can never tell if I should or should not go thru with the I-130. Can you give me some advice? I just want the fastest route but both were approved exactly at the same time by the USCIS.

Also, I'd like to confirm the I-824 has to be filed for the I-130 only to be forwarded to the NVC right? there is no need for the I-129F to file I-824?

Thanks so much

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

My problem is both the I-129F and the I-130 were approved at the same time by the USCIS on Oct. 24. I guess with this situation, I can never tell if I should or should not go thru with the I-130. Can you give me some advice? I just want the fastest route but both were approved exactly at the same time by the USCIS.

Also, I'd like to confirm the I-824 has to be filed for the I-130 only to be forwarded to the NVC right? there is no need for the I-129F to file I-824?

Thanks so much

The K3 was always going to be your fastest route but it will also be significantly more expensive and take longer for the intending immigrant to be athorized to work. At this point, if speed is your goal, paying $340 to wait months for something you'll never need doesn't sound like a good path to me. If you agree, then you simply do nothing and wait for the K3 visa process to play out.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thanks so much

As pushbrk said, if you want the fastest route, do not file the I-824. The I-129f may already be on its way to the NVC and then will soon be on its way to the embassy. The I-824 would only be used to push the I-130 through to NVC. It's a standard thing now to hold the I-130 at USCIS and only put through the I-129f to NVC when both are filed and approved close together.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.