virgillionaire

Send chocolate kisses to USCIS to get there attention

85 posts in this topic

Will defo be sending e-mail :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It is no more unfair then me ordering something from Amazon and spending extra to have my item shipped overnight or in two days instead of a week. Even better, is it fair that first class butts into line at the airport? Yes, it is. They PAID to be boarded first, have more room, more luggage, and so forth. There should be nothing wrong with paying extra for guaranteed 90 or even 60 day turnaround.

I'd never do that. Instead of working on our petitions they sit back getting fat on chocolate. FORGET IT! Personally, I've always felt there should be a sliding fee for expedited service.

Well, the chocolate has already been sent. Now I'm just asking that we take advantage of it by letting our rep.s and senators know about it, and that we are fed up enough to do that.

So how would your sliding scale for an expedite work? Isn't it a little unfair to let people with money butt ahead in line?

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

yes, it IS more unfair; those situations you cited are vastly different

I think there's a difference between paying extra for a flight, or a product; for a start; the people in economy class might have to wait a whole extra half hour while first class boards; that's not a material harm to them; the people in first are paying for extra comfort, not a whole extra service

same with the shipping; people who don't pay extra have their product within a few days anyway, and those who DO want the fast service only pay a few dollars more... what you're talking about is making a difference between six months and one; quite a change... and be practical: if USCIS were to offer an expediting service like that for $100 or so, everyone would take it, so to be able to offer it at all it would have to be VERY expensive...

I don't think ANY of the processing should have a paid expedite option; not business, not family

I think they should just fix the system and make it faster for everyone

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: Timeline
It is no more unfair then me ordering something from Amazon and spending extra to have my item shipped overnight or in two days instead of a week. Even better, is it fair that first class butts into line at the airport? Yes, it is. They PAID to be boarded first, have more room, more luggage, and so forth. There should be nothing wrong with paying extra for guaranteed 90 or even 60 day turnaround.

This is a tough hypothetical to think about. On the one hand, I'd probably pay for expedited processing if it existed. On the other hand I'm glad it doesn't exist. This isn't Amazon.com or the airlines or anything so material. This is about real human lives and relationships. My happiness is no more important than yours and vice versa. There are some luxuries that money should be able to buy, but I don't think this is one of them.

And really, there should be no need for an expedited process anyway. USCIS should be much more efficient than they are, and they should be able to turn these cases around in much better time than they are doing. USCIS should be able to turn a non-complex case around in 60-90 days anyway.

Timeline

Can't agree here. These situations are not different. Service is service. If you pay more you get more. It's how our world works. People who have it have always paid to get more. Why is it two people could break the same law and one goes "free" pending trial the same day? Because they are one that can afford to post the bond. We are held captive too, separated from our loved ones. I'd glady pay a premium to get bumped further ahead. It's only not fair if someone can't afford it. I even heard several years ago a story about a country that allowed (or was considering to allow) you to pay extra to get a driver's permit licensed to speed. Pay more and you can glide down the highway in a special lane for those that want to drive considerably faster. There is nothing fair about that either.

What I can agree with you is on fixing the system. Of course, it is the right thing to do. But thre is no motivation on the USCIS to change the way things are currently done.

yes, it IS more unfair; those situations you cited are vastly different

I think there's a difference between paying extra for a flight, or a product; for a start; the people in economy class might have to wait a whole extra half hour while first class boards; that's not a material harm to them; the people in first are paying for extra comfort, not a whole extra service

same with the shipping; people who don't pay extra have their product within a few days anyway, and those who DO want the fast service only pay a few dollars more... what you're talking about is making a difference between six months and one; quite a change... and be practical: if USCIS were to offer an expediting service like that for $100 or so, everyone would take it, so to be able to offer it at all it would have to be VERY expensive...

I don't think ANY of the processing should have a paid expedite option; not business, not family

I think they should just fix the system and make it faster for everyone

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

There would also be the issue that those paying for an expedite would jump the queue so to speak and it would push the waiting times for those that can't afford it further and further back... I know that if it came to it I would find the money but then if everyone pays for it then we're basically paying more for the same service ;)

Not just that but I know if I couldn't afford it it would break my heart to see those in better financial situations getting approved while my wait just got longer and longer :)

It sucks but we just have to be patient - I know I would prefer to fly first class but really I don't think you can compare a bit of comfort to being with your loved one - it's far too materialistic :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline
Can't agree here. These situations are not different. Service is service. If you pay more you get more. It's how our world works. People who have it have always paid to get more...

I have to say, I find your logic baffling... service is service? so everything just gets lumped together? can I say: education is education, and object to some kids getting special one-on-one attention for learning needs, or others, a ramp put in for a wheelchair? can I say: medicine is medicine, and you with your heart attack can wait while I get my hangnail looked at, because I got here first (or can pay more)? you HAVE to look at situations separately

so whatever you say, flying first class does NOT equal paying express Amazon delivery, and does NOT equal expedited visa processing; they're completely different

as for 'how the world works' (bolding mine, above) - personally, I think the way the world works is largely #######, and I will NEVER simply accept the status quo because 'that's how it is'

money may buy more, but should it? in this situation, no, it should not; it's not just about whether you can afford more ice cream than me... as mox said: this is about people's lives, and not material rubbish

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree.

And frankly I am a little sick of watching first class passengers skip the security line. We all pay for that security, why should they get a special line? Their money is for the seat and so they feel special.

Here in the DC area they are even building special toll roads that only well off people will be able to afford to use regularly. Is this what this country is about now? Instead of trying to fix the problems we just let the well off bypass them and screw the rabble?

LET THEM EAT CAKE!!!!

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Will defo be sending e-mail :D

EXCELLENT :yes:

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Timeline

What is so baffling? Service IS service and it comes at a price in any free market society. The more you are willing to pay, the better the service. Your examples DO happen. If someone comes into an ER with mega insurance or special status they will get put ahead of the uninsured guy with a more serious problem. It's the same with the legal system. The OJs and Michael Jacksons get off because they can afford million dollar attorneys while the guy who has to rely on a public defender has to serve time for a far lesser crime. All because they can't afford it. It happens everyday. Those situations affect personal lives just as much and more than us waiting for petitions to be approved.

I never said I agree with any of it. Right or wrong it is the way things work in this ultra-materialistic country. I will continue to say, that given the way things work in this country, I would be willing to pay to have my petition expedited IF I could afford the price.

Can't agree here. These situations are not different. Service is service. If you pay more you get more. It's how our world works. People who have it have always paid to get more...

I have to say, I find your logic baffling... service is service? so everything just gets lumped together? can I say: education is education, and object to some kids getting special one-on-one attention for learning needs, or others, a ramp put in for a wheelchair? can I say: medicine is medicine, and you with your heart attack can wait while I get my hangnail looked at, because I got here first (or can pay more)? you HAVE to look at situations separately

so whatever you say, flying first class does NOT equal paying express Amazon delivery, and does NOT equal expedited visa processing; they're completely different

as for 'how the world works' (bolding mine, above) - personally, I think the way the world works is largely #######, and I will NEVER simply accept the status quo because 'that's how it is'

money may buy more, but should it? in this situation, no, it should not; it's not just about whether you can afford more ice cream than me... as mox said: this is about people's lives, and not material rubbish

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline

you don't agree with any of it, but you're quite happy to perpetuate it and would buy into it given the chance? well, I guess we're different in more ways than one :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Can't say I wouldn't mind flying first class but only if I got a free upgrade :lol:

Saying that, when I move I might pay for it purely because I am going to have my cat so I want to make sure she isn't cramped under a seat somewhere :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline

I can always think of better things to do with my money :lol:

and even if I was given a free upgrade I'd have to think about it pretty hard; it would be difficult to go back to economy after that ;)

(at last count, I've flown between Europe and Australia 21 times, at around 24 hours a time, and have done the UK - North America trip four times, at around 10 hours a time, plus numerous shorter flights around Europe... I think I know what it's like to be stuck in economy ;) )

but at least someone flying first class doesn't do anyone else out of anything; we might be jealous of their comfort levels, but at the end we'll arrive in exactly the same airport ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Agreed!!! I'd quite fancy a bit of extra comfort but how do you measure the importance of being with a loved one? Should one person deserve to be with theirs sooner above someone else? I can think of exceptional circumstances: terminal illnesses, military duties etc but there are already things in place for that and (as far as I am aware) at no extra cost.

Which is how it should be :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.