trailmix

IR1 / CR1 - Montreal Timeline to Interview

3,833 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah I think It is the EP people that get the email, I got the email for My sons and Mine, we did Ep althoigh due to our RFE it was longer then the regular way hehe

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

Yeah I think It is the EP people that get the email, I got the email for My sons and Mine, we did Ep althoigh due to our RFE it was longer then the regular way hehe

Well, at least this theory helps me feel that it's not totally random who they bother to email and who they don't bother to email...

On another subject...

What are we all thinking re: the probability of a whole cluster of October interviews?

Who here thinks there will be a bunch of October interviews? Who thinks that, yet again, we'll get another month with no or very few interviews scheduled?

c.

Timeline

I am kind of out of hope here but I really am praying that we all hear some October interviews soon and yes i think when they start there will be a bunch of them. I know I am behind about 5 people to my knowledge so once you guys hear I will sit glued to my email till i hear something.If we don't hear something soon and don't get a date till November More than one government official will be hearing from me, I mean its already been far too long for most of us, but November I think would just be ridiculous. I hope that they give you a date that fits for you mtlgato, I hope you deliver on time :P

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

A cluster of CR! interviews would be great...pray...pray....pray

Yes I am believing for an October interview.

May people certainly deserve an interview after this long wait...five months should be long enough

God is our strength, He is with us at all times

Craig and Jacquie H

Well, at least this theory helps me feel that it's not totally random who they bother to email and who they don't bother to email...

On another subject...

What are we all thinking re: the probability of a whole cluster of October interviews?

Who here thinks there will be a bunch of October interviews? Who thinks that, yet again, we'll get another month with no or very few interviews scheduled?

c.

Well, I am with my good friend Canadiandggal on this . . . LOL! I am hopeful that we will get a bunch of October interviews, but if we, the "May completes" don't hear anything by September 13-14, then it doesn't look too good for us that we would get an October date. Yeah, Devon, I agree, November would be rather ridiculous. November would be 6 months from our completion dates.

They have scheduled K-1's, then the DCF CR-1's, so I am hoping it would be our turn next . . . sometimes I feel like they have put us on the back burner or "forgotten" us . . . the whole bunch of us!! :bonk:

So, here's to hanging in there for another 2 weeks and hope for the best.

And when you get that email, let us all know ASAP . . . it would give the rest of us hope that things are finally moving for us CR-1's.

Cheers,

petshop :dance:

Timeline

They have scheduled K-1's, then the DCF CR-1's, so I am hoping it would be our turn next . . . sometimes I feel like they have put us on the back burner or "forgotten" us . . . the whole bunch of us!! :bonk:

Yeah...I know it's kind of paranoid...but sometimes I feel like they must have just decided not to bother processing CR1/IR1 cases AT ALL...And if they did decide just to stop working on our cases, is there anything anyone could do? I'm starting to think not...

C.

Timeline

Ok, I have heard some of you were able to cross the border and visit your US citizen spouse while you were waiting for your interviews. My Canadian wife is now planning to do this as well. We are very nervous about how she might be questioned at the border, or worst case, she'll be denied entry and we'll have wasted the money on the plane ticket.

Those of you who did this successfully, I have some questions. When you approached the customs officer and presented your passport, what did you tell them? Were you up front about the fact that you had a pending immigration case, or did you just say "I'm going to visit my husband/wife in the US". What questions were you asked? Did they want proof that you were not going to stay there?

Anything at all you can share that could help us prepare for the day of her flight would be very much appreciated.

Jeremy

Timeline

Ok, I have heard some of you were able to cross the border and visit your US citizen spouse while you were waiting for your interviews. My Canadian wife is now planning to do this as well. We are very nervous about how she might be questioned at the border, or worst case, she'll be denied entry and we'll have wasted the money on the plane ticket.

Those of you who did this successfully, I have some questions. When you approached the customs officer and presented your passport, what did you tell them? Were you up front about the fact that you had a pending immigration case, or did you just say "I'm going to visit my husband/wife in the US". What questions were you asked? Did they want proof that you were not going to stay there?

Anything at all you can share that could help us prepare for the day of her flight would be very much appreciated.

Jeremy

The #1 question asked in the cdn forum!! lol Look at my signature below for my advice!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Jeremy

We filed our I-130 back in mid-November 2009. I had heard about the possibility of being denied entry after filing, so I was rather nervous about traveling down to visit my wife too. I first fly down just a few days after filing (for US Thanksgiving) . . . I just said I was going down for a vacation (which of course was totally true) and I breezed through. So I put that down to my visa application not being "in the system" yet.

Next visit was for Christmas, and I was more nervous . . . I assumed that the CBP must have a notation would alert them to my pending application when they scanned my passport (I now don't think they do) . . . again I breezed through. I have now made 8 or 9 visits (all flying out of the Calgary airport) and have had absolutely no trouble. Sometimes it has been as brief as "Where are you going?" and "Have a nice trip". There have been a couple of occassions when the conversation was a bit longer and I said I was visiting my US wife . . . never seems to be a problem. Only once have I been asked about my immigration status and I said I had a green card application in process and that seemed to be fine. So, in spite of my initial apprehensions, I have not had any problems at all travelling to the US with the CR-1 in process. In fact, I would say I probably get as many or more questions returning to Canada (not about immigration of course) than I do heading down to the US!

So based on my experience, I would say you have nothing to worry about . . . but I guess it may depend on the CBP officer you encounter . . . YMMV.

Good luck . . . I hope all goes well for you.

Edited by AB2CO

I didn't get the email either. When I called the NVC, they said they don't send out an email when the case is completed. Maybe this is only for people who did electronic filing like zenaxe? I really don't know. All I know is that the AVR system says my case is complete, and all the NVC operators I have talked to over the past 2-3 months confirm (after looking at the screen) that my case is complete . . . and that "everything is set to go!"

Well, it has been 14 weeks since my case completed . . . hopefully all the "May" people will hear soon . . . perhaps the week after Labor Day? LOL! Ha ha . . . hope that would be so . . . we've waited far too long . . . :bonk:

Cheers,

petshop

Yes, the email notification is for the electronic processing. Any applicant using non EP would be notified by mail I assume.

Good luck to everyone waiting. I really hope you guys here soon. This is nuts and it's so hard having to wait. There has got to be movement at MTl, man alive are they ever slow right now.

Take care

2007 Nov 30: Met in Las Vegas, Nevada

2009 Jul 13: Proposed/Engaged in Sedona, Arizona

2009 Dec 26: Married in Tucson, Arizona

USCIS

2009 Dec 30: Filed I-130

2010 Jan 02: I-130 delivered

2010 Jan 07: NOA1 - email - CSC

2010 Jan 11: Received NOA1 hardcopy

2010 Mar 24: NOA2 - email & text - NVC

2010 Mar 29: Received NOA2 hardcopy

I-130 was approved in 76 days from NOA1 date

NVC

2010 Mar 30: NVC received - case# assigned - emails given to NVC

2010 Mar 30: Opted in - DS3032 emailed to NVC

2010 Mar 31: Received AOS bill & DS3032 - paid AOS

2010 Apr 05: Online payment portal confirms paid AOS(Apr 2 processing date)

2010 Apr 05: Sent I-864 package

2010 Apr 15: EP confirmation email

2010 Apr 15: IV bill generated & paid

2010 Apr 15: Email confirmation - receipt of DS3032

2010 Apr 16: IV bill confirmed paid - sent DS230 package

2010 Apr 19: NVC operator confirms I864 & DS230 documents have been received

2010 Apr 21: AVR confirms all documents received Apr 19th

2010 Apr 23: Email from NVC: case complete - confirmed by NVC - sign in fail

Completed in 24 days

CONSULATE

2010 May 27: Email from NVC - consulate received file - interview Montreal Jul 27th

2010 Jun 16: Medical @ Woking Medical Centre, Vancouver, Canada - APPROVED

2010 Jul 27: Interview @ US Consulate in Montreal, Canada - APPROVED

Your interview took 201 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

2010 Aug 13:POE Washington - APPROVED

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

2012 May 14 - mailed I-751

2012 May 16 - delivered @ CSC

2012 Jun 18 - I 551 stamp

2012 Jun 28 - biometrics appointment NOA notice date Jun 7

2012 Dec 20 - approved

Timeline

Yes, the email notification is for the electronic processing. Any applicant using non EP would be notified by mail I assume.

Good luck to everyone waiting. I really hope you guys here soon. This is nuts and it's so hard having to wait. There has got to be movement at MTl, man alive are they ever slow right now.

Take care

Actually, non-EP people are not notified of "case-complete at NVC" at all. We just have to call and check with an operator or with the automated voice thingy. At least, that's how it was for me.

I'm glad you agree that Montreal is being phenomenally slow now. It's really something, isn't it?

C.

Timeline

The train is moving again! Interview was scheduled for Shewolf today. I have updated the timeline spreadsheet:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoHUzXDIb8k7dHkzeldWSHFTdHY1ak1KR0RVWmhNaVE&hl=en&authkey=CKnQx7gC

Angie 'n Mark were approved at their interview on the 25th and their review has some good tips:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=73450

Jeremy

Timeline

Oh....my....goodness. I just got my interview letter. October 8th, 9am.

Thing is, I'm due to give birth around October 3rd!!!!

What do I do? I can't guarantee that the baby will arrive right on time; it might not even be born by the 8th. If I reschedule, I'm afraid they'll TOTALLY screw me over and make me wait another 8 months.

And I live in Vancouver, so it's not like a short journey to Mtl at all. And they KNOW about my due date. They have a medical note on file, and I wrote to remind them about it recently. I think this is really messed up. I'm actually very upset.

C.

The train is moving again! Interview was scheduled for Shewolf today. I have updated the timeline spreadsheet:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoHUzXDIb8k7dHkzeldWSHFTdHY1ak1KR0RVWmhNaVE&hl=en&authkey=CKnQx7gC

Angie 'n Mark were approved at their interview on the 25th and their review has some good tips:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=73450

Jeremy

Timeline

If I was in yout situation, I'd probably be so desperate that I'd ask to be induced a few days early to give a lilittle over a week to recover from the birth afterward and find family to sit for a day or two. It sounds ridiculous, but... I guess that's what this process has done to me. I'm sorry you're in this situation, and I wish I could be more helpful :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.