Huanyen

in Vietnam: please help

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I got married in July 08, 2007. That is the date in the wedding invitations.

In the marriage certificate, it says in vietnamese, but it can be translated to " the marriage certificate becomes valid from the date when we both signed the certificate".

and we actually signed the marriage certificate in July 09,2007.

So which one is our date of marriage ?

for the evidence of our relationship, we got some letters. But they are not in English. Should I get them translated or keep them original?

Thanks

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I got married in July 08, 2007. That is the date in the wedding invitations.

In the marriage certificate, it says in vietnamese, but it can be translated to " the marriage certificate becomes valid from the date when we both signed the certificate".

and we actually signed the marriage certificate in July 09,2007.

So which one is our date of marriage ?

for the evidence of our relationship, we got some letters. But they are not in English. Should I get them translated or keep them original?

Thanks

Well, I'm saying you were married on the 8th. You don't have to worry about the language of the letters as long as both of you speak fluent Vietnamese.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Timeline

Thank you, dalegg.

I have another question since my situation quite tough, and i don't know what I should do.

I just graduated from school last May (May 2007). I got a job offer and start to work this November. During the year of 2007 until now, my income roughly is about $5000. But at the end of the year 2007, I would say my income roughly $15K.

I just start to file the IR1 and expect to submit my I-130 by the end of this month. So basically, by the time I submit my I-130, I may not be able to meet the minimum 125% poverty line.

I think this is a problem and I also heard the Vietnam Cons. is likely not to look at the co-sponsor cases anymore.

My 2007 income is not good enough. But my 2008 income will jump well above the minimum 125$ poverty line.

What should I do now to fix the income problem?

Or am I over-react because they only look at tax return and income by the time of interview?

so many confusion, please help.

Thanks all.

Thank you, dalegg.

I have another question since my situation quite tough, and i don't know what I should do.

I just graduated from school last May (May 2007). I got a job offer and start to work this November. During the year of 2007 until now, my income roughly is about $5000. But at the end of the year 2007, I would say my income roughly $15K.

I just start to file the IR1 and expect to submit my I-130 by the end of this month. So basically, by the time I submit my I-130, I may not be able to meet the minimum 125% poverty line.

I think this is a problem and I also heard the Vietnam Cons. is likely not to look at the co-sponsor cases anymore.

My 2007 income is not good enough. But my 2008 income will jump well above the minimum 125$ poverty line.

What should I do now to fix the income problem?

Or am I over-react because they only look at tax return and income by the time of interview?

so many confusion, please help.

Thanks all.

HuanYen,

Here is what I understood from other ppl.

1. In my opinion, it will be okay on July 08 even the marriage’s license issued on July 09 (Explain to CO if asks when interview)

2. I don’t believe that CO doesn’t look at the co-sponsor (surely, he/she will). If your income could not reach the minimum poverty line, you have to use the co-sponsor. And of course your wife will bring the latest tax return when she has an interview. I hope it will help you out little bit. Good Luck to you.

Second K1: I-129F Timeline

--------------------

Sept 15, 2007: I-129F sent to VSC

Sept 24, 2007: NOA1 hard copy received

Jan 25, 2008: Approved

Feb 01, 2008: NOA2 hard copy received

April 24, 20008: Interviewed

May 06, 2008: Received Visa

May 11, 2008: Entry to US "Chicago"

May 15, 2008: Registered Marriage's license

Sept 19, 2008: Received Green Card w/o interview

=========================

***Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

June 19,2010 - I751 Package sent to VSC

June 28,2010 - Received NOA1

July 07, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 09, 2010 - Approved w/o Interview

August 19, 2010 - 10 Year Green Card Received

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Feb 2012 - Received U.S Citizenship

I had the same problem and I put the date that we signed the marriage certificate as the date of marriage. Our wedding party and invitations were a full month before we signed the marriage certificate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

First thing first, where is your timeline?

In my opinion, you can have income of ZERO dollar the year before you graduate from Medical School and will be a doctor the 1st of January 2008, before the interview date is 100% Better than someone with co-sponsor and make right around poverty guideline income.

Doesn't mean you should show up for the interview empty handed but you need to understand the C.O. does NOT just look at $16,000USD/yr income and some change to determine your case. If you don't meet the Guideline, get a Co-sponsor but do submit evidence about your current and on-going employment with solid income that shows an annual salary. The key here is: C.O. wants to see you can and will be able to support your wife once they issue a Visa for her to come to the US. Can you? Show me! :)

I see you graduated from college (assumed), with professional job, great! Then nothing to worry, at this point, just line up a "co-sponsor" just in case they ask for it, as part of "complete inspection" of your case. But I strongly believe they will not look at your income as a decision factor when you will have a solid income starting from November 2007. Think "BIG PICTURE"! What does C.O. really want to see from you and your wife in the future? Will you and her go on welfare and soupkitchen next month after they issue a Visa for her and after she arrives in the US? If you show them the chance of her goes on welfare with you is ZERO in the foreseeable future, then you're gold! :)

Good luck!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline

Tuyen & I got married on May 9 and there were problems getting the certificate. I went back in July to get the certificate. We used july on our forms, even though we were married a couple months before that.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Tuyen & I got married on May 9 and there were problems getting the certificate. I went back in July to get the certificate. We used july on our forms, even though we were married a couple months before that.

Tell them the married date: 9th as you said, it is late due to the paperwork process.

and the ceremony is on : 8th as you had booked and prepared, you cannot delay to wait for the marriage certificate.

The Consulate officer will ask her for both dates.

Edited by David-Hien

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.