ara

Details of Interview

15 posts in this topic

Hello,

I wanted to let you know the details of my husband's interview. His interview was on Oct. 31st and we were approved!

He is supposed to go and pick his visa up on Tuesday, Nov. 6th.

Although he got to the embassy very early like 6:30 he was like #10 in line. The guard told everyone to open their medical envelope so my husband did not pay him any attention because Komaross said do not open the envelope give it to the CO so when he got to the front of the line to turn his paperwork in the guard said that since he did not listen to him and open his envelope he would have to go to the end of the line so he went from #10 to like #70 he didn't get out of the embassy till 5:30p.m. and he was next to the last he said. So please do what the guards tell you.

Despite the long awful wait he said that the CO he had was very friendly and nice. He was a white american man. He said that he didn't ask for hardly anything at all he just wanted to talk about our relationship?

He really grilled him on that and paid attention to how he answered the questions and the things that he said and didn't really pay that much attention to all the evidence that I had so nicely put together and had spent $220.00 on 5 pounds of paper because I thought we had to have it. My husband said it depends on what CO you get he thinks they already have an idea if they want to approve you or not before you are interviewed ,I don't know that's just what my husband thinks.

The CO asked for a few pictures and emails and took our AOS and that was it. He asked about our relationship like why would a woman from Georgia come all the way to Nigeria to marry you? My husband told him how we met and fell in love he said the CO said he didn't want to know how we were in love he wanted to know what we had in common, what we saw in each other what we talked about on the phone.

My husband said it lasted all about 10 min. and he just told him everything he could and told him how I think he is funny how we are always joking with each other. The CO said so you are a funny man and he said my wife thinks so. LOL.....

So after that we were APPROVED!! and they told him to come back Tuesday and get his visa so I booked him a flight for Friday night Nov. the 9th for him to come to Atlanta and he would have a layover in Paris for 5 hours. Well don't make the same mistake that I did do not get a connecting flight through Europe from Nigeria come to find out after I bought the ticket that now my husband needs a transit visa just to be in Paris for the layover. That is so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So he has to apply for a transit visa with the airline and it takes 72 hours to get back. So I don't know how everything will go if he gets his visa Tuesday and can turn in his passport and transit visa application on Tuesday he will get it back on Friday morning and he can still leave on his flight on Friday night if not I will have to change the ticket and spend more money for that plus the transit visa is $100.00. So please get a straight through flight to US from Nigeria don't do what I did I guess a lot of people may know this but I didn't or my husband and have never heard of it.

I am thankful that the hardest part of our journey is over with but I am still worried that everything will pan out as we planned things are not so simple in Nigeria so I am praying that all goes well since I am running out of money.

But overall I am really excited that my husband will be home soon and am happy to share my experience with you as you share your experiences!! :luv:

Amy & Ola

LOVE is in your heart not to stay, but to be shared

I-130

2006-Met Online!

3/2/07-Married in Lagos!

3/12/07- Mailed I-130 to CSC

3/19/07-CSC received application

3/23/07-Received NOA-1 in mail from CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-APPROVAL-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

K-3

3/?/07-Mailed I-129F to Chicago

4/9/07-Received at Chicago

4/11/07-Recieved NOA-1 Case being transferred to CSC

4/25/07-Received NOA-1 Case at CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-Approval-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

8/29/07-Called NVC was told my petition was sent to Lagos Cons. Aug.22, 2007 got my case #

8/31/07-Received NVC Approval Letter in the Mail

9/4/07-Husband picked up packets 3 and 4-Interview Date Set for Oct.31st, 2007!

10/31/07-K3 Interview-APPROVED!!!!!!

11/06/07-Pick up Visa

11/10/07-POE Atlanta

AOS JOURNEY

12/21/07-Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

12/23/07-Chicago Lockbox received AOS and EAD petition

01/04/08-NOA1 received for AOS and EAD via mail

01/29/08-Biometrics!

02/19/08-Touched! EAD Card Production Ordered

02/26/08-Email from CRIS EAD Approval Letter sent out

02/27/08-EAD Card received in mail

02/28/08-Applied for SS#

03/01/08-Received AOS Appt. Letter in Mail(No touches or emails on this case)

04/29/08-AOS Interview! Approved!

Congrats! :dance::thumbs:

Hello,

I wanted to let you know the details of my husband's interview. His interview was on Oct. 31st and we were approved!

Although he got to the embassy very early like 6:30 he was like #10 in line. The guard told everyone to open their medical envelope so my husband did not pay him any attention because Komaross said do not open the envelope give it to the CO so when he got to the front of the line to turn his paperwork in the guard said that since he did not listen to him and open his envelope he would have to go to the end of the line so he went from #10 to like #70 he didn't get out of the embassy till 5:30p.m. and he was next to the last he said. So please do what the guards tell you.

Despite the long awful wait he said that the CO he had was very friendly and nice. He was a white american man. He said that he didn't ask for hardly anything at all he just wanted to talk about our relationship?

He really grilled him on that and paid attention to how he answered the questions and the things that he said and didn't really pay that much attention to all the evidence that I had so nicely put together and had spent $220.00 on 5 pounds of paper because I thought we had to have it. My husband said it depends on what CO you get he thinks they already have an idea if they want to approve you or not before you are interviewed ,I don't know that's just what my husband thinks.

The CO asked for a few pictures and emails and took our AOS and that was it. He asked about our relationship like why would a woman from Georgia come all the way to Nigeria to marry you? My husband told him how we met and fell in love he said the CO said he didn't want to know how we were in love he wanted to know what we had in common, what we saw in each other what we talked about on the phone.

My husband said it lasted all about 10 min. and he just told him everything he could and told him how I think he is funny how we are always joking with each other. The CO said so you are a funny man and he said my wife thinks so. LOL.....

So after that we were APPROVED!! and they told him to come back Tuesday and get his visa so I booked him a flight for Friday night Nov. the 9th for him to come to Atlanta and he would have a layover in Paris for 5 hours. Well don't make the same mistake that I did do not get a connecting flight through Europe from Nigeria come to find out after I bought the ticket that now my husband needs a transit visa just to be in Paris for the layover. That is so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So he has to apply for a transit visa with the airline and it takes 72 hours to get back. So I don't know how everything will go if he gets his visa Tuesday and can turn in his passport and transit visa application on Tuesday he will get it back on Friday morning and he can still leave on his flight on Friday night if not I will have to change the ticket and spend more money for that plus the transit visa is $100.00. So please get a straight through flight to US from Nigeria don't do what I did I guess a lot of people may know this but I didn't or my husband and have never heard of it.

I am thankful that the hardest part of our journey is over with but I am still worried that everything will pan out as we planned things are not so simple in Nigeria so I am praying that all goes well since I am running out of money.

But overall I am really excited that my husband will be home soon and am happy to share my experience with you as you share your experiences!! :luv:

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hello,

Hello Ara,

Thanks so much for your detailed explanation of what actually happens in an interview in Lagos. This is very helpful for me and I will be sharing your story with my husband who is becoming very nervous about it. It is also very helpful to know what sort of information will be needed for the interview. Congratulations once again!!!! I wish you and your husband many happy years together.

Deb

I-130

Marriage : 3/10/07

I-130 Sent : 5/17/07 transferred from NSC to CSC

I-130 NOA1 : 6/12/07 pending at CSC

Touched: 11/07/2007!!!!!! (However, no touches on I-129F)

Touched: 11/30/2007 Touched: 12/02/07 (on a Sunday) (Guess the lady actually did put on someone's desk afterall).

Touched: 12/06/07 (Hopefully this is them working on it)

Touched: 12/07/07 (Yesssss, come on approval!!!!)

Touched: 12/08/07 (Working on it even on a Saturday. What dedication!!!)

Touched: 12/12/07 (RFE)

Received RFE: 12/26/07

Sent back RFE: 12/26/07

Received in USCIS RFE mailroom: 12/27/07

Resumed case: 01/07/08

Touched: 01/08/2008

Touched: 01/09/2008 (APPROVED)

Touched: 01/10/2008

Received NOA2 by snail mail: 01/14/2008

Interview date: 08/12/2008 Put in the "black hole" of Administrative Processing

2nd Interview date: 12/08/2008 (Rescheduled on 12/22/08 due to 12/8 being a Muslin Holiday)

12/22/08: Visa denied on the basis that his mother didn't confirm our marriage. She didn't answer any questions because embassy official didn't identify herself.

07/06/09: Received Notice of Intent to Revoke

07/27/09: Sent in evidence disputing investigation findings

07/30/09: Case processing has resumed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Wow! I'm so happy to hear you were approved. Congratulations! I hope he gets both visas in time for the flight you scheduled. It's so expensive to change those. Good Luck with getting him here. Great News!!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hello,

congratulation to you i am, glad

I-485/I-765

03/11/08 FedEx I-485/I-765

03/20/08 NOA1 for both (765 online - 485

03/23/08 BIO app. letter

04/03/08 BIO done - walk in

11/07/08 EAD Card production ordered

11/10/08 EAD Approval Notice sent

11/13/08 EAD Received !!! :)

11/15/08 EAD touched

12/05/08 AOS ready for interview scheduling

12/07/08 Interview appointment date received

02/03/09 Interview date

02/13/09 green card arrived in mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
CONGRATULATON ARA :dance::dance::dance:

TIMELINE FOR CR1- I-130

July 29th 2006 - GOT MARRIED IN PAKISTAN

Sep 1st 2006 - I-130 sent.

Sep 5th 2006 - NOA1

May 24th 2007 - NOA2 APPROVED

NVC FOR CR-1 (I-130)

06/13/07 - NVC receives petition and case # assigned.

Sep 11th 2007 - CASE COMPLETED!!! THANK GOD

Sep 19th 2007 - Case fwd to London embassy

US EMBASSY LONDON

Oct 25th 2007 - Medical Appointment

Nov 9th 2007 - INTERVIEW IN LONDON (APPROVED PUT ON AP)

Dec 5th 2007- AP CLEARED IN 26 DAYS

Dec 18th 2007 - ALHAMDULILLAH VISA IN HAND

U.S.A

Feb 15th 2008 - POE (JFK)

Mar 05th 2008 Green Card arrived

Dec 28 2009 Apply for condition remove

Removal of Conditions Timeline

Dec 26 2009 I-751 sent

Dec 28 2009 I-751 delivered (VSC)

Dec 29 2009 I-751 NOA Received

Mar 09 2010 condition removed got 10 years green card

NATURALIZATION N-400

Dec 07 2010 N-400 sent to Tx

Dec 09 2010 N-400 delivered

Dec 29 2010 Received biometric appointment letter for 01/13/2011

Jan 13 2011 Biometric done

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Congrats!! I was not aware of fights out of Nigeria direct USA. Usually these African fights go through Europe.

Hello mojorisin,

Yes, starting back in July 2007, northwest airlines started providing direct flights between Lagos and JFK in New York for the price of having a layover in Europe. It is great!

Deb

I-130

Marriage : 3/10/07

I-130 Sent : 5/17/07 transferred from NSC to CSC

I-130 NOA1 : 6/12/07 pending at CSC

Touched: 11/07/2007!!!!!! (However, no touches on I-129F)

Touched: 11/30/2007 Touched: 12/02/07 (on a Sunday) (Guess the lady actually did put on someone's desk afterall).

Touched: 12/06/07 (Hopefully this is them working on it)

Touched: 12/07/07 (Yesssss, come on approval!!!!)

Touched: 12/08/07 (Working on it even on a Saturday. What dedication!!!)

Touched: 12/12/07 (RFE)

Received RFE: 12/26/07

Sent back RFE: 12/26/07

Received in USCIS RFE mailroom: 12/27/07

Resumed case: 01/07/08

Touched: 01/08/2008

Touched: 01/09/2008 (APPROVED)

Touched: 01/10/2008

Received NOA2 by snail mail: 01/14/2008

Interview date: 08/12/2008 Put in the "black hole" of Administrative Processing

2nd Interview date: 12/08/2008 (Rescheduled on 12/22/08 due to 12/8 being a Muslin Holiday)

12/22/08: Visa denied on the basis that his mother didn't confirm our marriage. She didn't answer any questions because embassy official didn't identify herself.

07/06/09: Received Notice of Intent to Revoke

07/27/09: Sent in evidence disputing investigation findings

07/30/09: Case processing has resumed

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BOTH OF YOU!!

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

Te amo mucho mi gran amor!!!

I-130 Application: (Filed 222 days ago) Reached 7 MONTHS

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

05/09/2007 recieved NOA I from CSC (Reached 6 MONTHS 195 days from NOA I)

05/18/2007 Filed I-129F at Chicago Office ( Filed 186 days ago) 6 MONTHS!!

05/20/2007 rec'd NOA (184 days ago for NOA I ) REACHED THE 6 MONTH MARK!!

BOTH APPLICATIONS APPROVED 11/20/2007 THANK YOU MY GOD!!

11/20/2007 Date of NOA 2 email

11/26/2007 Date of hard copy of NOA 2

12/12/07 Date NVC receives paperwork

12/14/07 K3 is sent to Lima Peru, received case number from NVC.

12/17/07 Lima Peru Embassey receives K3

01/04/08 My Honey's Medical

**** I leave today to reunite with MY HONEY!!!! ****....

01/15/08 LEAVING FOR LIMA PERU!!!

01/17/08 8:15 AM Date of Interview in Lima, Peru with my honey!

INTERVIEW WAS APPROVED!!!!

***2008 is with My Honey***********

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Congrats!! I was not aware of fights out of Nigeria direct USA. Usually these African fights go through Europe.

North American Airlines fly direct from Africa to either New York or Baltimore. The food sucks but it's over quickly :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSS to you both, I'll be sending this onto my husband, hopefully we'll soon be telling our story!

Relax and enjoy now, your hubby with be with you in a few days!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.