teddy000

Western union receipts?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No. If you have them, bring them. If not, don't. Doesn't really matter either way.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

You can bring any other proof or evidence of ongoing relationship, not necessarily or limited to money transmittal receipts.

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Do you have to have western Union receipts at the interview? I remember reading about it somewhere. I never felt the need to ask money from my hubby. :dance: would that cause a problem?

I've read that if money is sent, then the western union receipts are a good thing to bring to the interview. Natasha quit her job when I was visiting her so that she could spend as much time with me as possible. It was her intention to get another job after I left, but then her mother got a job and requested that Natasha stay home and prepare meals and take care of the house, so she has been doing that instead. Accordingly, I send her money each month to pay for her internet service and whatever else she needs, and to give her a little money for herself and for her daughter Vika. I have saved all the receipts and will take them to Natasha prior to her interview.

If you both earn money independently, I can't imagine that a lack of receipts would be a problem!

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
No. If you have them, bring them. If not, don't. Doesn't really matter either way.

Opinions tend to vary on this. They certainly are not necessary. If you have them, bringing them is ok as part of a kitchen sink approach but I wouldn't offer them. There's no assurance a CO will regard exchanges of money between the USC and immigrant as a positive factor, even when they are married.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I definately did the kitchen sink approach, so we brought western union receipts and also wire transfer receipts. Everything went very smoothly. My wife also had several other documents just in case such as my baptism certificate (I was baptised in Ukraine before our wedding)...she asked the officer if he needed it also. He replied, "Of course!". Overall we probably had 500 pages of evidence of relationship. It was easy enough to gather up so we figured what the heck. They didn't even ask any questions at all in the interview.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: Timeline

The evidence requirement seems to be subjective based on each CO. Ours didn't ask for anything. It won't hurt to not have Western Union receipts, but bring other stuff like photos, emails, messenger conversations, etc. and you'll be fine.

Save Shpat's threads

69-97-116-32-83-104-105-116-32-74-101-110-110

I am a firm believer of 'more is better' so whatever you can bring to show an ongoing relationship....go for it :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is a good idea, I did not think about this at all. We have given each other money at different times, I do not think he has any receipts but I know that I do.

Thanks

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

8-13-07: Sent package with I-129F to CSC overnight

9-25-07: NOA 1 recv

3-04-08: Approval Notice Sent

5-15-08:Interview Date

07-28-08:Visa Received (AP Hell 73 days)

08-02-08:US Entry (K-3)

08-05-08: Sent EAD package to CSC

12-07-08: Finally recvd EAD

04-20-09: AOS sent

07-23-09: AOS Interview-APPROVED!

Next file for Naturalization!

.png

and our family keeps growing and growing.....

x5Kpm8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.