Amby

irn bru

26 posts in this topic

Yep, you can get it at Jungle Jim's in (well, near) Cincinnati. Not that far from Louisville... and that place is so damned good, it deserves a visit! :thumbs:

I got a couple of cans (along with some Idris ginger beer - sadly they didn't have Old Jamaica :( ) last time we were there, just so I could make my husband try it. :devil: I'm not sure he was all that keen...

Ginger Beer. Oh my flippin' gawd do I miss that stuff. My mum and dad used to brew their own and I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about doing it myself. :lol:

Me too!! When I was about 12 my mum and I went through a phase when we'd make it all the time, we got pretty good at it... now, if only I can remember how...! :thumbs:

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I've been wondering where I can find it in Nebraska!!!!!!!! Gonna miss that orange sugary goodness on those mornings after!!!!!!!

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

My mum used to make a ginger beer 'plant'. I don't remember whether she used ginger root or ground ginger but there are recipes for both online. I just checked :D

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yep, you can get it at Jungle Jim's in (well, near) Cincinnati. Not that far from Louisville... and that place is so damned good, it deserves a visit! :thumbs:

I got a couple of cans (along with some Idris ginger beer - sadly they didn't have Old Jamaica :( ) last time we were there, just so I could make my husband try it. :devil: I'm not sure he was all that keen...

Ginger Beer. Oh my flippin' gawd do I miss that stuff. My mum and dad used to brew their own and I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about doing it myself. :lol:

Me too!! When I was about 12 my mum and I went through a phase when we'd make it all the time, we got pretty good at it... now, if only I can remember how...! :thumbs:

I know that a big demi-john of it exploded over my pram when I was about 3 months old! Perhaps that's where I got the taste for it... :lol:

Found this:

http://thehowzone.com/how/Making_Ginger_Beer/2

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

If ya manage to brew yer own Mags, make sure ya let me know, am on first orders :P:lol:

Separated!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

This thread motivated me to find a British store nearby and I found one called "The English Teacup." It was awesome! I bought all this stuff for Rich: Irn Bru, Coleman's English Mustard, Bisto gravy granules, Heinz beans, Flake chocolate bar, Galaxy chocolate bar, Robinson's squash, and a few other things I can't remember right now. I could have gone really crazy. He was so excited when I brought it all home! We had beans on toast for breakfast today :thumbs:

Our Timeline:

01/29/2007 NOA1!

02/26/2007 Became officially engaged in Rome:)

05/03/2007 NOA2!!!

07/20/2007 Visa Interview in London! Approved!!

10/04/2007 Small private wedding!

04/19/2008 Big fancy shmancy wedding!

AOS Timeline:

10/18/2007 Sent entire AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago

10/19/2007 Package received in Chicago- signed for by V Bustamante

10/25/2007 NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP.

10/26/2007 Check cashed.

11/28/2007 Biometrics appointment in Denver.

12/17/2007 EAD card production ordered!

12/27/2007 EAD card arrives.

12/31/2007 AP approved.

01/07/2008 AP received.

02/01/2008 AOS interview in Denver. APPROVED!

02/11/2008 Green Card received in mail!

Done until July 09' !

• 5 months later...
Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline
My hubby has been frustrated and looking for it around Pennsylvania, but no luck so far. He'd also love some Tennants :P He doesn't really want to order it from the internet but maybe I'll surprise him for Christmas.

Hi.....we found Irn Bru at a store in downtown Lancaster called Britain's Best. It's on King Street in a group of stores across from Central Market. If you aren't from nearby, you should probably call ahead of time to be sure he has it in stock because he has only half a dozen cans or so at a time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Can we make a topic on like every single food and drink we can think of? :D I'm so glad other people get excited about food too.

Irn bru's alright...ginger beer omg blegh :( I'm going over in two weeks, can't wait :) After seeing baby it really is all about going and getting that british curry and chinese and coronation chicken salad stuff and mmm :)...

What if I'm not really in love with fiance but just associate him with all the food?!?!?!? :'(

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah no luck with Irn Bru in Chicago yet. It's easy to find a lot of Irish products but when it comes to Scottish...it's a bit more difficult. I think my DF will be ordering it online! Speaking of which...in 5 weeks he'll be all moved over here (might buy some online to surprise him with when he arrives!)

As for Nebraska...I'm sorry Debz I don't think you're going to have much luck! You might try to see if any of the Irish stores in Omaha happen to sell it...

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm lucky enough to live in Orlando and with all the tourists in the area you can find anything so there a few shops where you can find it. (In fact a new Irish pub just opened up--stincks though cause the owner wants to keep the younger crowd out so charges outrageous prices.) Our local grocery store even has a little british food section now. Try an ethnic or indian shop if you have any near you. My friend gets all her spices there and says they carry a ton of english food.

Good Luck

~Micki~

01/17/08 Mailed K1 Visa Package

01/22/08 ISCIS received package (sent certified mail)

01/23/08 NOA1 issued

01/29/08 Check Cashed

01/30/08 Received NOA1 in mail

02/24/08 Touched

03/04/08 NOA2 issued

03/10/08 Received NOA2 in mail

03/11/08 NVC has package

03/12/08 NVC forwarded package to London Embassy

03/14/08 Received letter from NVC confirming they are forwarding package

03/17/08 Package possibly signed for in London!!!! *Used track by ref on DHL

03/28/08 Package 3 Received

04/14/08 Medical Scheduled

04/28/08 Checklist and forms mailed

06/06/08 Interview!

06/06/08 Visa Approved!!!!

09/28/08 Orlando POE

10/28/08 Wedding in St Pete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.