5 posts in this topic

We've literally just filed our I-601 in London (we're DCF'ing) and have high hopes of being approved (fingers crossed). Am I right, however, in thinking that we might still be turned away at POE? We'll be flying London to Toronto and then crossing the US border at Lewiston, NY at the Canadian/US border; is it possible that some little minion could overturn the decision of the Embassy and refuse us entry?

I guess I just need one more thing to worry about...*sigh*

Thanks for your help---

Anna

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

CBP at the POE may disagree with our decision and may

deny you entry. If you are denied, then you should contact this office

for a re-interview.

AOS Timeline

12/05/2007 - Mailed AOS package

07/03/2008 - Received Welcome Letter and Green Card in Mail.

for a re-interview.

forgive me, but i'm not familiar with who you are; what office? we are Direct Consular Filing through London...and what are the actual chances of this happening?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

for a re-interview.

forgive me, but i'm not familiar with who you are; what office? we are Direct Consular Filing through London...and what are the actual chances of this happening?

I think what he meant was to contact the embassy again for help if you were turned away.

The actual chances of this happening are slight. If you have an approved waiver, the officers are not going out of their way to argue with what is deemed the decision of the "Attorney General of the U.S." Anything could happen, but you could also be struck by lightening when you step across the border. In all of my reading about these waivers and what happens afterwards at the POE, overwhelmingly it has been positive.

If you are like me, after a waiver, you are just worried that anything could happen. Be confident, everything should be fine, no matter which border you cross at. Is there a reason you can't just fly from London to the U.S.?

for a re-interview.

I think what he meant was to contact the embassy again for help if you were turned away.

The actual chances of this happening are slight. If you have an approved waiver, the officers are not going out of their way to argue with what is deemed the decision of the "Attorney General of the U.S." Anything could happen, but you could also be struck by lightening when you step across the border. In all of my reading about these waivers and what happens afterwards at the POE, overwhelmingly it has been positive.

If you are like me, after a waiver, you are just worried that anything could happen. Be confident, everything should be fine, no matter which border you cross at. Is there a reason you can't just fly from London to the U.S.?

Thanks for that!!!

We're moving to Rochester, NY and can get dirt cheap flights from a nearby airport to Toronto then just a mere 3 hour drive to Rochester and HOME!!!! Alternatively, we could fly into the US and POE at Philadelphia then connecting flight to Rochester: that is much more expensive and more bother...but if there is a better chance of being let in through Philly, then Philly it is...any thoughts?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.