moroccocr1

need help plz

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i am feeling panic because i am so worried about every little detail. this whole process is driving me crazy...when i see someones case has been approved and they just filed 2 months ago it makes me so nervous...Why isn't ours approved yet? I don't know i just want him here with me and when i hear that people are getting denied for certain reasons it just scares me. people talking about writing your local senator and congressman..Well i did that and it has been about 5 days and i haven't heard one thing yet. then i hear people say that their senator got back in touch with them after 2 days or even the next day, so do i have to write them again or wait ?

I have other question that i hope you guys can answer for me! My husband and i were reading what possible red flags we could have..Well one of them was phone..We have been calling eachother often and we read that one of the red flags could be calls made and the phone not being under the petitioners name, well the phone isnt in my name.my daughter is married and living with me and the phone is in her name...What would you suggest ?

another thing i am wondering is...Do they do a credit check? I have bad credit and thats another thing were worried about..but i make $22,000 yearly from my job. I also get a social security check for 1,300 every month so if i can include this as income it would be enough for 4 prsones including my tow kids my husband and me.so would that be enough to bring my spouse here or i would need a co-sponsor because of the bad credit i have?

Pleas if you have any information about this let me know..iam panicing.

timeline :

23 may 2007 : i-130 sent

11 june 2007 : i-130 resieved

13 june 2007 : check cashed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Dear Moroccocr1,

please post your timeline. If you are not approved yet (you are talking I130 approval?) then why are you contacting you congressman? How long was your I130 pending? 2 months to get NOA2 for I130 is nowhere close to normal.

Your phone situation is not a problem. You and your daughter live at the same address and you (hopefully) put this number as your contact number on every document you sent to USCIS or NVC. You can prove your address (lease?) and you can show a bill for this phone number with your address on it.

Your bad credit history is not a problem.

Your income may be a problem. I believe that you have to make about 26,000 for a family of four (please check the poverty guidelines). You need to find out if your social security check can be treated as income or it actually creates a problem. The simplest way out would be to find a co-sponsor (your married daughter or her husband may be?)

Good luck,

Rika

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Timeline

CR-1 Timeline

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Timeline
Dear Moroccocr1,

please post your timeline. If you are not approved yet (you are talking I130 approval?) then why are you contacting you congressman? How long was your I130 pending? 2 months to get NOA2 for I130 is nowhere close to normal.

Your phone situation is not a problem. You and your daughter live at the same address and you (hopefully) put this number as your contact number on every document you sent to USCIS or NVC. You can prove your address (lease?) and you can show a bill for this phone number with your address on it.

Your income may be a problem. I believe that you have to make about 26,000 for a family of four (please check the poverty guidelines). You need to find out if your social security check can be treated as income or it actually creates a problem. The simplest way out would be to find a co-sponsor (your married daughter or her husband may be?)

Good luck,

Rika

thank you for your help rika60607 i just fix my timeline and the signature so as you see next week will be 5 months since i sent my case . and yes i did put this same number in all the forms i sent to the uscis and i have my bills with my adresse . either my daughter or her husband aren't making enough income but so can you plz guide me to make sure if my social security check can be treated as income in case not can someone be a co-sponsor even he isn't living with me like my mom .

timeline :

Timeline
Dear Moroccocr1,

Good luck,

Rika

thank you for your help rika60607 i just fix my timeline and the signature so as you see next week will be 5 months since i sent my case . and yes i did put this same number in all the forms i sent to the uscis and i have my bills with my adresse . either my daughter or her husband aren't making enough income but so can you plz guide me to make sure if my social security check can be treated as income in case not can someone be a co-sponsor even he isn't living with me like my mom .

plz any help will be very appriciated.

timeline :

Timeline

Dear Moroccocr1,

do not panic :no:

I do not know if your social security payments can be counted as income... I was not in similar situation. But, you could download an I-864 form from NVC website and read their instructions - there may be a clue. My feeling is that whether you can use this payment as income would depend on the reasons why you receive this SS check and for how long in the future you will be receiving it.

But that is something you will have to deal with in several months. Also, once your I130 is approved and your case is transferred to NVC, you can call NVC operator and ask about what can be used as income. Yes, you can ask your mother to be a co-sponsor (it is OK that she lives at another address). You should really read I864, it explains several ways of meeting income requirements.

Yeah, 5 months is a bit of a long wait for approval, but not unheard of. Did you receive NOA1? If not, you should call CSC and request a duplicate. Do you know your case number? Then you can check your status online on the USCIS website. 6 months after NOA1 date you can bother USCIS and ask them why there is no decision on your case. Are there any "touches" on your case (you can see that online, the date of the last action will change)? If there are touches, do not worry, USCIS is working on it.

Cheers,

Rika

CR-1 Timeline

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.