Beauty for Ashes

AP in other countries besides Morocco and Egypt

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Pakistani males have longer AP times. The average male is getting a minimun of 6 months and up to 2 years. We had two males this past two weeks that were approved after over 1 year.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sorry about the shorter post earlier. I have a sick child at home today and had to go and be nursemaid. I then tried to find out stats for the other embassies and some pms that I have gotten.

India has a very short AP in most cases of only a few weeks. Africa is a few months unless they request paternity testing and then it can drag out for some time.

Alot of persons do not openly state they are in AP out of shame and do not openly discuss it. I do want to say a big THANK YOU to wife_of_mahmoud who started keeping stats and she started the cheerleading thread without her no stats may of ever been kept on VJ. Because of her starting this thread and we had no stats for Pakistan I have started to keep a similar thread for Islamabad and it has confirmed the stats for the males and a few females now. And her generousity gave me a place to post, relate to others and not to feel so lost while waiting for my husband's AP to finalize.

AP no matter who gets it is very hard processing and I sympathize with all persons on AR/AP. It is very scary with the unknown and having to have your life on hold and wondering what it? When will be find out something and praying that your news is not a NOIR/NOID and wanting to just get on with your lives.

Eveyone that is in this processing is my prayers daily and wishing everyone together soon.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline

My husband is from Libya and went thru the embassy in Tunis. He was on AP for one month. They didn't call it AP/AR though... they just said security and name checks.

Edited by Alhamdulillah

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Not posting this to get ANYONE down, but I read an article in NewsWeek yesterday that stated the average wait time for the ENTIRE visa process in Sweden is only 2 weeks. To me that is just amazing. Can you imagine?

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

We went through Montreal and we had an 8 month AR. Its pretty individual, IMHO.

I completely agree :thumbs: I dont think it has anything to do with the country but more the indiviudual applying. Tammy mentioned that Swedens wait time is 2 weeks. Well maybe if you are Swedish and you DON"T have a name it.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Not posting this to get ANYONE down, but I read an article in NewsWeek yesterday that stated the average wait time for the ENTIRE visa process in Sweden is only 2 weeks. To me that is just amazing. Can you imagine?

I would like to see that article as we have stats on VJ that show otherwise. I have yet to see a news article regarding immigration that has anything but a barage of errors in it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would like to see that article as we have stats on VJ that show otherwise. I have yet to see a news article regarding immigration that has anything but a barage of errors in it.

Yes, it's also impossible that that figure refers to the *entire* visa process, as everyone has to get the initial petition approval from USCIS. Maybe the Swedish consulate itself is super speedy, but they still have to wait for USCIS.

Timeline

The article was about immigrants from Iraq that had worked for the American embassy. The article stated that the United States was supposed to have expedited visa's for some of the Iraq's that had worked as translators for the embassy. Never happened. However, the article stated that to immigrate TO Sweden, the Swedish embassy was able to process the applications to Imigrate into Sweden in only 2 weeks. I am only repeating what the article stated. I have no idea at all if it was a true statement, or what exactly their process is, or why they can process visa's so much faster than the US can.

However, the article did state that the married couple that the article was about, had been captured and killed because of the connection they had with the American Embassy as translators. Is this true? I have no way of knowing.

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

Oh ok, I thought you were stating visas from Sweden to US have been stated to take only 2 weeks. There are lots of countries with immigration systems that dwarf ours in simplicity and organization. You can get a fiance visa for the UK in a day (last I knew).

*shrugs*

Filed: Timeline
The article was about immigrants from Iraq that had worked for the American embassy. The article stated that the United States was supposed to have expedited visa's for some of the Iraq's that had worked as translators for the embassy. Never happened. However, the article stated that to immigrate TO Sweden, the Swedish embassy was able to process the applications to Imigrate into Sweden in only 2 weeks. I am only repeating what the article stated. I have no idea at all if it was a true statement, or what exactly their process is, or why they can process visa's so much faster than the US can.

However, the article did state that the married couple that the article was about, had been captured and killed because of the connection they had with the American Embassy as translators. Is this true? I have no way of knowing.

Yes they are both dead now , one tortured one shot in the head and the article was in TIME a few weeks back

Not surprising....... Why the US immigration service is such a nightmare is beyond me

Timeline

OOPS, thanks for the correction! It WAS TIME magazine and not Newsweek.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Sorry about the shorter post earlier. I have a sick child at home today and had to go and be nursemaid. I then tried to find out stats for the other embassies and some pms that I have gotten.

India has a very short AP in most cases of only a few weeks. Africa is a few months unless they request paternity testing and then it can drag out for some time.

Alot of persons do not openly state they are in AP out of shame and do not openly discuss it. I do want to say a big THANK YOU to wife_of_mahmoud who started keeping stats and she started the cheerleading thread without her no stats may of ever been kept on VJ. Because of her starting this thread and we had no stats for Pakistan I have started to keep a similar thread for Islamabad and it has confirmed the stats for the males and a few females now. And her generousity gave me a place to post, relate to others and not to feel so lost while waiting for my husband's AP to finalize.

AP no matter who gets it is very hard processing and I sympathize with all persons on AR/AP. It is very scary with the unknown and having to have your life on hold and wondering what it? When will be find out something and praying that your news is not a NOIR/NOID and wanting to just get on with your lives.

Eveyone that is in this processing is my prayers daily and wishing everyone together soon.

Mary

Wow Mary you are toooooooo sweet. (F):luv:

But I must give credit to Twila (tnh9479) for creating the Cheerleading list in the first place, and also kudos to all the people who continually help ride herd on our group to keep track of details and make the list as comprehensive and accurate as it can be.

I do believe seeing all these cases (involving so many different ME/NA consulates) can be a great help to others who come after. As you said, AR can be such a frightening & mysterious limbo, but when you see others who have gone through it -- even longgggggggggg ARs -- and come out on the other side successfully, it can help keep people from completely freaking out.

Thanks to everyone who shares their processing details and helps keep the list up-to-date -- I know it's a huge help to others trying to find their way through the immigration maze.

And Mary don't be a stranger in here -- we miss you !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.