Beauty for Ashes

Jinns anyone?

Do you or your husband believe in Jinns?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do your husband believe in Jinns?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you believe in Jinns?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you even know what a Jinn is?

• Yes
    • No

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Jinns

In Arabian and Muslim folklore jinns are ugly and evil demons having supernatural powers which they can bestow on persons having powers to call them up. In the Western world they are called genies.

Legend has it that King Solomon possessed a ring, probably a diamond, with which he called up jinns to help his armies in battle. The concept that this king employed the help of jinns may have originated from 1 Kings 6:7, "And the house, when it was in building, was built of stone made ready before it was brought there, so there was neither hammer nor axe nor and tool of iron heard in the house, while it was in building."

In Islam, jinns are fiery spirits (Qur'an 15:27) particularly associated with the desert. While they are disruptive of human life, they are considered worthy of being saved. A person dying in a state of great sin may be changed into a jinni in the period of a barzakh, separation or barrier.

The highest of the jinns is Iblis, formerly called Azazel, the prince of darkness, or the Devil. The jinns were thought by some to be spirits that are lower than angels because they are made of fire and are not immortal. They can take on human and animal shapes to influence men to do good or evil. They are quick to punish those indebted to them who do not follow their many rules.

In the "Arabian Nights" jinns or genies came from Aladdin's Lamp.

There are several myths concerning the home of the jinns. According to Persian mythology some of them live in a place called Jinnistan. Others say jinns live with other supernatural beings in the Kaf, mystical emerald mountains surrounding the earth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline
In Islam, jinns are fiery spirits (Qur'an 15:27) particularly associated with the desert. While they are disruptive of human life, they are considered worthy of being saved. A person dying in a state of great sin may be changed into a jinni in the period of a barzakh, separation or barrier.

:rolleyes:

I would like to see the Islamic reference for this, otherwise, it's not Islamic belief but Arabian folklore :)

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband says assalam alaykum (and something else i can't remember) when he enters his house. I asked him why and he said he's saying hi to the Jinns.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline
he said he's saying hi to the Jinns.

:blink:

In case you're interested in a proper du'a for entering the house When returning home from Fortification of the Muslim online.

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

In case you're interested in a proper du'a for entering the house When returning home from Fortification of the Muslim online.

nope that's not what he says. He is saying hi to them. He leaves the Quran on the tape player while he is out too. Not sure if it's for them or not though.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

nope that's not what he says. He is saying hi to them. He leaves the Quran on the tape player while he is out too. Not sure if it's for them or not though.

My husband also does this 'saying hi' and leaving the Quran playing on the computer. I thought it was somewhat of a comfort thing, so I never questioned it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes, yes, yes.

I always heard stories of jinns growing up. I think of them as spirits though, not necessarily good or bad.

When I walk into my apartment I do say salaam but I think it is more out of habit than for the jinn :P

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

yes, no, yes

:o

yes yes yes

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Of course jnoun are real -- they're everywhere around us.

Some of them even like to post on the internet.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.