Fahad S

Form G-325A Questin

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

All -

In reviewing my application for the final time before send-off, I noticed that I keep going back and thinking about one question. The question on form G-325A that asks about the last residence outside USA of more than 1 year. I immigrated to U.S. in 1996 and haven't lived outside of U.S. since then. Do I need to put my last address from Pakistan (from 11 years ago) in that box or is that something else. At this point, I just have "NONE" in there.

I'm really not sure what exatly that box is referring to. Would anybody be kind enough to clarify for me?

Thanks!

-Fahad

All -

In reviewing my application for the final time before send-off, I noticed that I keep going back and thinking about one question. The question on form G-325A that asks about the last residence outside USA of more than 1 year. I immigrated to U.S. in 1996 and haven't lived outside of U.S. since then. Do I need to put my last address from Pakistan (from 11 years ago) in that box or is that something else. At this point, I just have "NONE" in there.

I'm really not sure what exatly that box is referring to. Would anybody be kind enough to clarify for me?

Thanks!

-Fahad

Fahad S,

Yes - list the last address outside the US which was of a duration of 1 year or more. Be it in 2006, 1996 or 1966... :thumbs:

If you have immigrated since 1996 and never left the US at all, I would think that your answer "N/A" was just appropriate.

In my case, I was born and immigrated in the Philippines and acquired my citizenship through naturalization and never resided anywhere else outside the US, so I placed N/A on my G-325A. It was accepted and approved.

All -

Thanks!

-Fahad

Edited by RandyandRina

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks guys! I called the service center hotline and was told that if I haven't lived outside U.S. in the last five years, then I can leave that section blank or put, "none" or "n/a".

Thanks to those who responded.

-Fahad

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
If you have immigrated since 1996 and never left the US at all, I would think that your answer "N/A" was just appropriate.

In my case, I was born and immigrated in the Philippines and acquired my citizenship through naturalization and never resided anywhere else outside the US, so I placed N/A on my G-325A. It was accepted and approved.

All -

Thanks!

-Fahad

If you ever lived outside the US more than a year, you put the last address. There is no time limit, even if you left your home country 365 days after birth, 60 years ago. Of course you might only know the City if it was that long ago but in your case, "none" is a lie. Don't lie to USCIS or DOS in the visa process. If the intending immigrant you're petitioning for now lives abroad, their current address goes in that same space on their G325a.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.