thkcmp

relating to work

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My SO and I will probably begin the K-1 process sometime next year, but I'm trying to start getting all my ducks in a row now.

A comment was mentioned to me the other day regarding the importance of what the beneficiary does for a living.

How high would you rank what he/she does for a living now and what they plan to do for a living when they get to the US? How big of an issue would you think this would be at the consulate level?

I don't see what the beneficiary does for a living influencing the process.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

In Morocco, they never even asked my husband (fiance at the time) about his job...

So, relatively unimportant, in our case.

Good luck and just get the paperwork in,

Carolyn

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

In general, I would rank it very low or as a non-factor. I suppose some very speciifc government security related jobs in countries where diplomatic relations are near or non-existant might raise some questions or cause some delays wth security checks but that is just speculation on my part.

The only exception I can think of is if your fiance is head of the communist party :unsure:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
In general, I would rank it very low or as a non-factor. I suppose some very speciifc government security related jobs in countries where diplomatic relations are near or non-existant might raise some questions or cause some delays wth security checks but that is just speculation on my part.

The only exception I can think of is if your fiance is head of the communist party :unsure:

as for what the beneficiary does for a living, it could have an impact if it falls under the morals issue. in regards to the goverment security jobs/security clearance, it may cause more security checks on the usc when it comes time for him/her to update their security clearance.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

as for what the beneficiary does for a living, it could have an impact if it falls under the morals issue. in regards to the goverment security jobs/security clearance, it may cause more security checks on the usc when it comes time for him/her to update their security clearance.

True. Someone in education or science or the military may get a closer look for security reasons. As far as the beneficiary's income being a factor, it isn't.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks everyone. I really liked some of your answers. I wasn't really thinking with I posted. I was concerned that they may look at what he could contribute to the US. So, I don't think him playing soccer for a living will cause any problems. Ok......one concern down......how many to go???????????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.