jawi876

My name ain't Stella....

3,691 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone can clarify me about the title of the story ? I just figured out that I started reading it with curiosity few days ago because of the title....but I don't get Stella :unsure:

Is there any part of the story I missed in another post for the beginning, or does it really start with Mya and Toya going to Jamaica?

There is the stereotype that women (specifically African American women when you hear the name STELLA) that go to Jamaica are going to look for a man (hook up, whether it's innocent or sexual)/get their "groove back"

Edited by Jonesie

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone can clarify me about the title of the story ? I just figured out that I started reading it with curiosity few days ago because of the title....but I don't get Stella :unsure:

Is there any part of the story I missed in another post for the beginning, or does it really start with Mya and Toya going to Jamaica?

There is the stereotype that women (specifically African American women when you hear the name STELLA) that go to Jamaica are going to look for a man (hook up, whether it's innocent or sexual)/get their "groove back"

That's a good explanation :thumbs:

Timeline

That's a good explanation :thumbs:

So was yours :yes:

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

<-----------Jamaica noob :blush:

The most south I've ever been is were I live right now....Chicago

Edited by Mephys

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Timeline

Hey Phatmadame :)

<-----------Jamaica noob :blush:

The most south I've ever been is were I live right now....Chicago

Your cats are precious :wub:

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If you call an older woman trying to get her groove back Stella then what you call a young gal you trying to find a nice older man.......

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

They are evil too sometimes :devil: They are bro and sis and only 7 months old

Timeline

I love cats but I won't mash (mess) up the thread talking about cats - Jawi dislikes cats :lol: and I'm sure she's not the only one here who does :blush:

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

I love cats but I won't mash (mess) up the thread talking about cats - Jawi dislikes cats :lol: and I'm sure she's not the only one here who does :blush:

I love cats :luv: but I am so allergic I can't even be near them :cry:

Don't worry about being a Jamaica noob...at least you are interested in learning. I think it is so awesome that you are taking the time to read the story and ask questions when you don't have a real JA link. Totally awesome in my book!

Much Respect Chica :thumbs:

Nah I don't want to turn it into a cat thread either ;) I contribute enough to all the other ones :whistle:

Thanks a lot I appreciate your compliments :blush:

But tell me, how is Jamaica ? Always had this dream of doing a trip somewhere warm with the sea, the beach, and palm trees around. I knew about Cuba a lot from my fellow canadians, but now that I am in the US with my US hubby it's pretty much out of the question :hehe:

Jamaica looks like a paradise :luv:

Timeline
Nah I don't want to turn it into a cat thread either ;) I contribute enough to all the other ones :whistle:

Thanks a lot I appreciate your compliments :blush:

But tell me, how is Jamaica ? Always had this dream of doing a trip somewhere warm with the sea, the beach, and palm trees around. I knew about Cuba a lot from my fellow canadians, but now that I am in the US with my US hubby it's pretty much out of the question :hehe:

Jamaica looks like a paradise :luv:

Beautiful country. There are some that may come in here and say negative things about Jamaica *kissteet*, but what country doesn't have it's negatives :bonk: ?

Increible food, great music, the parties are the best I have ever been to...what more can I say? :blush: I love Jamaica

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

I agree...

Jamaica is absolutely breathtaking, the people are amazing, the culture, food, music, overall vibe is fantastic. I have met some of the most wonderful people (my hubby included :blush: ) in Jamaica. I love the hospitality and the friendliness of everyone. There is nothing better than waking up in the morning in the middle of the mountains and walking down the dirt road to be greeted with a huge smile and cheerful "Good Morning" by every person that passes...whether they know you or not. People are just so friendly and warm.

As with any place you are gonna have some bad with the good. Some of the bigger cities (non-touristy) can be intimidating and a little dangerous if you aren't familiar with the area. For the most part the touristy parts of JA are perfectly safe. As with any tourist destination use your common sense and you will be fine. If you ever plan a trip to JA don't hesitate to ask for suggestions...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok Ian about tuh raise mi blood pressah! :angry:

How you ladies doing today. I am getting ready to go home after doing a bit of nothing today. See whoevers online lata! (L)

M.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OK..Jonesie no bodda wid di cat dem please no like dem :blush:

Hey Gillie...

Marlita what u up to ?

Welcome Mephys.....so happy the UN is getting bigger :lol::yes: di more di better

Ok...Melodee caan buj up Ian cause 'im woulda kill her..onu figet he is a man of a certain caliber....woaiiiii....go deh Ian mi jealous

walk good

Kimmy

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK..Jonesie no bodda wid di cat dem please no like dem :blush:

Hey Gillie...

Marlita what u up to ?

Welcome Mephys.....so happy the UN is getting bigger :lol::yes: di more di better

Ok...Melodee caan buj up Ian cause 'im woulda kill her..onu figet he is a man of a certain caliber....woaiiiii....go deh Ian mi jealous

walk good

Kimmy

:lol::lol::lol: ...awwwww Kimmy, yuh nuh like cyat? Mi love dem still...mi knoa NUFF Yardie nuh rate pus!! DAWG run Yard!! :lol::lol: Seriously, fi hevery cyat yuh see inna Yard yuh see bout 50 hole mangy dawg name "Rex", "brownie, or "Blackie" :lol::lol::yes:

Blessed,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.