polarbear

Wake up sleepy heads!

82 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm up wayyyy too early this morning :sleepy:

Kept having nightmares about a project at work :girlwerewolf2xn: , so got up and decided to get everything together to contact my Senator and see if it helps us with the interview... we'll see what happens....

Happy Monday everyone!!

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there, early birds!! I didn't even go to sleep.... Happy Monday !

I have been up all night...I am still looking for jobs.... I applied to Vodafone Egypt and DHL online..... I also have to fax my resume to some other businesses in Cairo... the problem is, I have to download Microsoft Office to update the resume & it is taking forrrrrrrrrrever!! Only 3 hrs & 54 min until it finishes.... yay :blink: then, I can continue my Great Job Hunt!!!

Hope ya'll are feeling good on your Monday morning.... (F)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm sleepy.......but have to go to work. -sigh- I had way too much caffeine before bed....chocolate covered espresso beans :D....and woke up with a huge, huge headache :crying:

Not much to post about yet.....lol

polarbear--I hate having nightmares about work

Hi Jackie!

Monnik--Ouch on that download! But good luck with the job hunt...I HATE job hunting.

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

redsox1.jpg

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

hey everyone. im here. recoupin from a stomach bug. things are good. i did a no no and had some regular pepsi today cause i needed the caffine boost and ill say i feel GREAT now. Chocolate was my fav food really i love sweets but they are now a no no for the next 8mths or so. i cant believe i found out 3wks ago, so much has happened. InshaaAllah things will continue to go well.

I really hope to see some good visa news this week!!

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning. I had a restless night last night, like when you sleep but keep waking up every 5 minutes ughhhhh! :sleepy: So needless to say I woke up in a foul mood. Then I decided to call DOS to cheer me uplol-049.gif!! What can I say? I'm a glutton for punishment!hit-with-club.gif

I got the same lady (at least she sounded exactly the same) and she asked and what is your question? So I decided to play nice :innocent: and just ask since when has the case been there at immigration and if it was still there? She said, "It's been here since August, but that's normal some take more time, some take less, they just still need to do some more checking and then they'll send it back to the Embassy. Oh wait..." (by now i'm all ears, what?? what??) then she says: "Oh, no it still here for a little more checking, is that all you wanted to ask?" .... My mouth responded: "No, that was all, thank you and have a nice day" while my mind was saying: "why don't you take that dagger and stick it deeper please!!"alien-02.gif

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good week insha Allah.

Hugs,

Ayesha (F)

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm up and at work after a horrible morning commuting in : http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ml?hpid=topnews Oh the joy of Washington DC. So I'm doing some work now to catch up and finish up a report. I have been having really strange joint pain - so much that last night I was whimpering while in bed and my husband didn't know what to do for me. I'm calling to see if I can get in somewhere soon. I'm a little worried as my mom has fiber myalgia and I really hope that I'm not developing it. My old college roommate is coming by tonight for dinner too so I'm super excited! :)

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

good morning MENA group. Omar took me shopping for new work clothes yesterday :dance: Got 3 new outfits.

This morning on the traffic they said..Issaquah is going bananas (due to a huge traffic accident on I90) and Omar said Issaquah has bananas? :lol: He had not heard that expression before. :unsure:

Jackie: See you down there. Hope you have a good day. :luv:

Monnik: Good luck with the job search.

Doodle: Congrats with the baseball win. Now maybe you can sleep at a decent hour. :P

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
What's the baseball news?

Hi everybody!

Jackie (F)

Red Sox are going to the World Series. They will play the Rockies in Boston on Wed night!

good morning MENA group. Omar took me shopping for new work clothes yesterday :dance: Got 3 new outfits.

This morning on the traffic they said..Issaquah is going bananas (due to a huge traffic accident on I90) and Omar said Issaquah has bananas? :lol:He had not heard that expression before. :unsure:

Jackie: See you down there. Hope you have a good day. :luv:

Monnik: Good luck with the job search.

Doodle: Congrats with the baseball win. Now maybe you can sleep at a decent hour. :P

I love when hubby says "okie dokie" or, "see you later alligator". :lol::lol: He pops out with them and I'm always suprised that he caught on from me when I say them.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy Monday everyone!

Well for a while I thought it was Badr posting in that thread that we got called bitches and biggots, but I found out that it's an advocate for Aimee and Badr. Just FYI for anyone wondering who that was, cause I was. :whistle:

Have a good one!

Filed: Timeline

Jackie's progress report

My mood is: content

I smoke too much. (insert appropriate smile smoking face)

I shop too much (how many purses do I really need?).

Still eating next to nothing, but it has its benefits.

I don't cry anymore. :thumbs: Took 3 months to dry my eyes. Have not cried since I left Texas. I took all my pain and sadness, set it symbolically next to the plane and flew home. Did not bring the memories back with me. Came home and cleaned every room in my house. Getting away did me a world of good. Next road trip, driving to the East Coast in December. :P

So all things considered, life is finally looking up, now that I am 'off the floor'.

I am back on top at work and the #1 sales writer----where I should be. :yes: I am happy there are lights at the end of my tunnels.

J (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.