memyselfandi

Some advice...

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi, I an new here to the forum. I am a US Citizen who married an Indian citizen in India. He lives in India and I live in US. We sent the k-3 visa papers in late August (A few days after we married in India). I am back in US now and a bit confused.

Was I supposed to send the Fiance papers as well, even though we are married? (I was told after recieving a receipt notification I would have to send the fiancee paperwork)

Does it really take that long just to recieve a receipt notification or what ever its called? I feel like i sent all the papers and I dont even know if they have them!

After they let me know that they recieved my papers will it really take aprox a year to wait for him to come. ( i know there is no exact answer but aprox)

I have been to India various times... is there any way that i could spend time with him in the holidays or with out me having to go over there again? Could he come over on some type of visitors visa or is that impossible too?

Im sorry we feel a bit frustrated because we feel like we are left with no options but to wait but then I dont even know if they recieved our papers.

:help: It feels tough getting married and the next day knowing u might have to wait a year to see your hubby again...have you ever felt that way?

Thanks for all your help!

mybanner48aebbebc5b25yf3.jpg

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Mumbai, India

Marriage : 2007-08-05

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-29 <----yeah amazing huh?????

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-16

I-130 Approved : 2008-08-26

NVC Received : 2008-09-03

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-09-15

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-09-15

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-09-20

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-09-15

Receive IV Bill : 2008-09-23

RFE Yikes! 2008-10-28

More RFE's : Need a different police clearance and photographs were rejected (twice) 1-20-09

NVC case completed!! 2009-2-18

Medical Exam 2009-3-25 (what a healthy indian:) must be all the veggies lol!

Interview Date: 2009-4-02

Wife getting anxious! 2009-4-02...recieved the call from him, then jumped up and down in circles and cried (so like me)

Visa in hand: 2009-4-03 God thank you for all the understanding, God bless us and our love...you are amazing and I have always and will always praise you through any storm.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Hi, I an new here to the forum. I am a US Citizen who married an Indian citizen in India. He lives in India and I live in US. We sent the k-3 visa papers in late August (A few days after we married in India). I am back in US now and a bit confused.

Was I supposed to send the Fiance papers as well, even though we are married? (I was told after recieving a receipt notification I would have to send the fiancee paperwork)

Does it really take that long just to recieve a receipt notification or what ever its called? I feel like i sent all the papers and I dont even know if they have them!

After they let me know that they recieved my papers will it really take aprox a year to wait for him to come. ( i know there is no exact answer but aprox)

I have been to India various times... is there any way that i could spend time with him in the holidays or with out me having to go over there again? Could he come over on some type of visitors visa or is that impossible too?

Im sorry we feel a bit frustrated because we feel like we are left with no options but to wait but then I dont even know if they recieved our papers.

:help: It feels tough getting married and the next day knowing u might have to wait a year to see your hubby again...have you ever felt that way?

Thanks for all your help!

Fiancee paperwork is separate, it's for the k1 visa. However, I'm assuming what they are referring to is the 129F which u'll fill out after noa1. In k1, we also filled out 129F. Best that u look through the k3 guides on this forum. It tells u all u need to do. It is taking a while to get receipt notices. Have u tried calling USCIs, since u sent it in August? Also, if u used a check and it was was cashed then they have ur application.

Yes, it is tough. I never imagined it would take this long and am not even married yet. I had these big plans that we would be married by december with family at our wedding, but that idea is down the tube.

Oh, please fill out ur timeline.

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

:help: It feels tough getting married and the next day knowing u might have to wait a year to see your hubby again...have you ever felt that way Thanks for all your help!

:time:

Hi and welcome to VJ!!! :)

I'll help answer some of your questions. CLICK HERE for the K-3 step by step instructions and there is also a link to the K-3 flowchart on that page..it's super helpful.

If you want to check out the immigration time lines from India...check out Here

Just check out other time lines from India....

You can certainly fly to India to visit him but him coming here could cause a problem. He would have to show strong ties to India, job, bank statements, etc. to show that he plans on returning home. You could certainly try but he could be denied entry. You can visit him as much as you like.

Best of luck!!!

~Laura :)

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

The I129F (K3) is an optional visa to apply for and is not compulsory when doing an I130. Most people on the forums would actually tell you not to go by the I129F route. Mainly because it will only save you a couple of months and also costs a lot more than the I130 would alone (you have to adjust status rather than receiving your green card straight away, have to apply for a work permit which takes about 3 months to get, instead of being authorised to work immediately etc etc).

If the extra few months with your spouse are more important than the down sides of the K3, then go for it :) But do not feel that you HAVE to apply for it.

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.