HKcouple

2 year proof and On-going Relationship

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

OK, I'm in the process of gathering all information for my k1 petition for my fiancee from Hong Kong. Neither of us have been marry before. Neither of us have any name changes. I'm not in the military. I have a clean record, no charges toward me.

Here's what I have so far and prepared to send out when my wife G-325A/statement/passport photo comes in the mail.

1. Check for $455

2. Cover Letter. I listed everything I have in the packet and used the example cover letter from visajourney

3. I-129F form

4. I only have like a 6 sentence of declaration about how we met (Is this sufficient?) (Does anyone have any example for me please? :D)

5. 1 original statement from both of us, using the examples provided by visajourney

6. THE proof of 2 years and on-going relationship: I only have passport pages of me going to Hong Kong last summer for 2 week-ish and the end of last year December to June. We only have about 29 pictures of us together. We originally met online March 2006 and we are using MSN Messenger and video cam. Is the following information above sufficient? (Anyone know of anything else, that I can add please help) I printed date on pictures from last year summer, and some varies between December to June AND also names of who is in picture. (Mainly, just me and her. Will that be a problem? Do I need other people in pictures?) I have the pictures in a zip lock bag.. What do i label it and is zip lock bag ok?

7. G-325A for me, US citizen (all 4 forms printed out) with my signature and date

8. 1 Passport 2x2 photo of me, US citizen. I printed my name on the back and placed it in a zip lock bag. Is zip lock bag acceptable? Do I attach the zip lock bag to a blank sheet of paper behind mine G-325A's?

9. G-325A for my fiancee (all 4 forms) with her signature and date

10. 1 Passport 2x2 photo of my fiancee. I had her print her name on back and placed it in a zip lock bag. Do I attach the zip lock bag to a blank sheet of paper behind her G-325A's?

11. 2 front side of my birth certificate (black and white, I have 1 in a light toner and 1 in a dark toner), 1 copy of my passport with all page that have stamp.

I have 1 copy of this package. I will send 1 and keep the other 1 for my backup. Do I need to make 2 copies?

Should I start preparing for the 2nd packages for my fiancee interview after the first NOA?

When preparing the 2nd packages... Can I take pictures of me and my fiancee on MSN Messenger video cam every time we get on? and use that and any e-mails if any for proof of on-going relationship?

ANYTHING, That I may be missing, please tell me!~~

AND for anyone that is an US citizenship and trying to bring your fiancee from hong kong to USA, please post some help for me that you think may help.

:D :D :D

Much appreciation to everyone who replied. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

December Filer

K-1

12/12/07 - Sent I-129F packet out (express mail baby)

12/13/07 - VSC received packet I-129F (Now I'm waiting for my check to cash)

12/14/07 - VSC Check cashed

12/14/07 - NOA1

12/18/07 - Touched

02/17/08 - Touched OMG I got touched

04/02/08 - WOOT NOA2 ^^

04/03/08 - Touched

Can't recall everything that went on but...

About 07/11/08 - My wife first step on USA

We're at the process where we will have an interview for my wife 10 year visa. My wife already have her 2 years condition green card and her Social Security #.

OK, I'm in the process of gathering all information for my k1 petition for my fiancee from Hong Kong. Neither of us have been marry before. Neither of us have any name changes. I'm not in the military. I have a clean record, no charges toward me.

Here's what I have so far and prepared to send out when my wife G-325A/statement/passport photo comes in the mail.

1. Check for $455

2. Cover Letter. I listed everything I have in the packet and used the example cover letter from visajourney

3. I-129F form

4. I only have like a 6 sentence of declaration about how we met (Is this sufficient?) (Does anyone have any example for me please? :D)

5. 1 original statement from both of us, using the examples provided by visajourney

6. THE proof of 2 years and on-going relationship: I only have passport pages of me going to Hong Kong last summer for 2 week-ish and the end of last year December to June. We only have about 29 pictures of us together. We originally met online March 2006 and we are using MSN Messenger and video cam. Is the following information above sufficient? (Anyone know of anything else, that I can add please help) I printed date on pictures from last year summer, and some varies between December to June AND also names of who is in picture. (Mainly, just me and her. Will that be a problem? Do I need other people in pictures?) I have the pictures in a zip lock bag.. What do i label it and is zip lock bag ok?

7. G-325A for me, US citizen (all 4 forms printed out) with my signature and date

8. 1 Passport 2x2 photo of me, US citizen. I printed my name on the back and placed it in a zip lock bag. Is zip lock bag acceptable? Do I attach the zip lock bag to a blank sheet of paper behind mine G-325A's?

10. 1 Passport 2x2 photo of my fiancee. I had her print her name on back and placed it in a zip lock bag. Do I attach the zip lock bag to a blank sheet of paper behind her G-325A's?

11. 2 front side of my birth certificate (black and white, I have 1 in a light toner and 1 in a dark toner), 1 copy of my passport with all page that have stamp.

I have 1 copy of this package. I will send 1 and keep the other 1 for my backup. Do I need to make 2 copies?

Should I start preparing for the 2nd packages for my fiancee interview after the first NOA?

When preparing the 2nd packages... Can I take pictures of me and my fiancee on MSN Messenger video cam every time we get on? and use that and any e-mails if any for proof of on-going relationship?

AND for anyone that is an US citizenship and trying to bring your fiancee from hong kong to USA, please post some help for me that you think may help.

You don't need proof of ongoing relationship for K1. Save that for the embassy interview.

You just need to prove you met in the last 2 years.

No need a bunch of pictures or any for that matter.

Doesn't hurt to send a couple tho.

No need emails , chats etc also.

Just be sure the documents are correct!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

1. Check for $455

3. I-129F form

You don't need proof of ongoing relationship for K1. Save that for the embassy interview.

Doesn't hurt to send a couple tho. Pick a couple with landmark [airport] in background.

Zip locks are fine

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

1. Check for $455

3. I-129F form

Sounds good overall. FOr how u met- I've read on VJ ppl wrote upto a page. We just kept it to the box/space provided. All u need to do is write how u met ur fiance (eg. internet, via someone), when, how many times u met(u can even throw in some recent dates that go along with ur proof of having met in past two yrs) and maybe where . It should be to the point. U don't need both ur birth certificate and passport to prove ur US citizenship (as long as it's still valid for some time). U don't need all those pictures. There's a thread somewhere that outlines primary evidence and secondary evidence to show proof of having met. From what I recall, primary can be ur passport stamps/boarding card (itinerary might not be enough since they don't prove u actually went to visit). U can throw in a couple of pictures as ur secondary evidence (don't really need 29) with digitally printed dates. We put in 3 pictures of our engagement party. I left the family ones out but unfortunately the digital date stamp didn't work and wound up handwriting the date!

Haole is right about the other stuff...save the emails/msn chats, etc. for the interview. Definitely make original (with original signatures) copies, just in case. My fiance and I each have a copy.Good luck!

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Timeline

Also- some ppl got rfe's for putting n/a instead of none where none or no was indicated. Kinda trivial but u just don't know. I wish I had read all this stuff b4 I applied...cuz I recall our lawyer put n/a somewhere.

Interview- 2/14/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

1. Check for $455

3. I-129F form

Doesn't hurt to send a couple tho. Pick a couple with landmark [airport] in background.

Zip locks are fine

Looks good to me but you don't need proof of ongoing relationship until interview. Make a back-up copy for you and another to send to your fiance. She can study it to prepare for the interview and will have a copy of anything that might get lost in transit.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I made two complete copies of the petition and took a copy and the original documents (divorce final and my BC) to Claudeth just before her interview.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

So, I can use my passport copies of the stamps that I went to Hong Kong for how I've met her. And then I need secondary evidence, like 3 pictures of us together during the time I was in Hong Kong, like 1-2 pictures of us at the airport?. For the stamps, do I highlight those? or just black/white copies and leave it as is?

Now for the interview, e-mails/msn chats HOW WOULD I PRINT THOSE? Is it alright if we start doing "PRINT SCREEN" of msn video cam and print those out with color? for the on-going relationship?

********* I've met her March 2006... would that be a problem for the 2 year of how I met her???

THANKS IN ADVANCE, I'm new to this stuff and I can't wait to get marry with my fiancee and be with her forever :D

December Filer

K-1

12/12/07 - Sent I-129F packet out (express mail baby)

12/13/07 - VSC received packet I-129F (Now I'm waiting for my check to cash)

12/14/07 - VSC Check cashed

12/14/07 - NOA1

12/18/07 - Touched

02/17/08 - Touched OMG I got touched

04/02/08 - WOOT NOA2 ^^

04/03/08 - Touched

Can't recall everything that went on but...

About 07/11/08 - My wife first step on USA

We're at the process where we will have an interview for my wife 10 year visa. My wife already have her 2 years condition green card and her Social Security #.

I did screen prints of my skype logs and put them into a word document which I printed and included. I also included copies of bank statements (account/sort code blacked out) showing atm withdrawals during my visits.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Timeline
So, I can use my passport copies of the stamps that I went to Hong Kong for how I've met her. And then I need secondary evidence, like 3 pictures of us together during the time I was in Hong Kong, like 1-2 pictures of us at the airport?. For the stamps, do I highlight those? or just black/white copies and leave it as is?

Now for the interview, e-mails/msn chats HOW WOULD I PRINT THOSE? Is it alright if we start doing "PRINT SCREEN" of msn video cam and print those out with color? for the on-going relationship?

********* I've met her March 2006... would that be a problem for the 2 year of how I met her???

THANKS IN ADVANCE, I'm new to this stuff and I can't wait to get marry with my fiancee and be with her forever :D

A copy of ur passport stamp is fine in black and white. If u want to clarify, u can write underneath that u visited her in HOng Kong on those dates especially if u didn't mention it in ur "how u met" box. Just to make it easy for them. We really didn't do any of that. My fiancee just threw in a copy of his electronic boarding card. However, we are still waiting for our petition approval and so I hope that's enough. The pictures are fine, just make sure they are digitally stamped with the date (better than handwriting it). It really depends on the adjucator cuz alot of these proof of evidence can be faked. However, passport/boarding card a little bit more difficult to fake.

We are saving our msn chats. MSn is now windows live-go into tools, options, messaged and click on save copy of my messages/conversations. IT will automatically keep a log file of all ur msn conversations on ur computer. WHen the time comes, u can print those. In case computer crashes, just periodically print those or email them to urself/fiancee.

Im assuming ur sending ur applications soon and so ur date of meeting falls within the two year limit.

Interview- 2/14/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I copied every page of both of our passports and where the stamps were I made notes that these was when I/he entered and when we left. Black & white copies are fine. If you do use passport copies, make sure to copy ALL pages of the passport to include in the packet. Passport stamps are really good evidence.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

On my calendar March 2006 falls within the past two years. I suspect it does on yours too. A few pictures as secondary evidence are good but not required.

Again, proof of ongoing relationship need not be filed with the petition but you'll need it at the interview. Of course it's ok to "print screen". Logs of emails and chats are good but you I would suggest only a few examples of the text of each be printed. No need to take a suitcase full of evidence. Print or copy your phone bills too if you have them. I would make sure you visit again if the only meeting was in March 2006. Visits are the best evidence of an ongoing relationship.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

As far as my review of your given information I would say it all checks good. Good job and Good LUCK! You are right at the step I am at, putting it in the mail!

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Also- some ppl got rfe's for putting n/a instead of none where none or no was indicated. Kinda trivial but u just don't know. I wish I had read all this stuff b4 I applied...cuz I recall our lawyer put n/a somewhere.

Wow, that really is trivial..hopefully I put N/A where they wanted it and none where they want that if that's really the case.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

-Harry Burns

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.