Flames9_RN

What the ??????????????

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea you just take the train to madison square garden to catch the game.

BUT its actually a nice walk from Time Square...I highly recommend walking. It's about a good 30 minute walk but its nice strolling around in NYC.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yea you just take the train to madison square garden to catch the game.

BUT its actually a nice walk from Time Square...I highly recommend walking. It's about a good 30 minute walk but its nice strolling around in NYC.

Thats where the rangers play, not the Islanders. Would have loved to catch a Rangers game, but the Islanders will suffice,lol especially since Crosby is in town!! Actually I dont mind the Islanders, lots of history.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Looks like our Dec. trip to New York is set! Will catch the train from DC to New York. Will see Lion king Friday night, Phantom of the opera Sat afternoon and I think we will catch the islanders gamer Sat night, thanks to Derekkj superb directions. We may bring our skates along and go skating at Rockefeller center, jam packed weekend. Ok, have put it off long enough, back to the books!! Cheers

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes bring your own skates, me and my fiance went skating at Rockefeller a few years back, and we rented the skates...plastic skates...super uncomfortable...I spent most of my time standing in one spot because they made my feet hurt so much. :(

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Yes bring your own skates, me and my fiance went skating at Rockefeller a few years back, and we rented the skates...plastic skates...super uncomfortable...I spent most of my time standing in one spot because they made my feet hurt so much. :(

Is it a decent rink? I think the fee is $18 a person,lol

Timeline

Is it a decent rink? I think the fee is $18 a person,lol

It's a pretty decent rink, although anytime around Christmas is likely to be crowded. But, hey, it's one of those once in a lifetime been there done that moments. Take photos!

And definitely bring your own skates. Derek and I went skating here in Northern VA once before he moved down here and he blamed his falls on the @#%#$ rented skates. :lol:

I wanna go to an Islander game! :crying:

Edited by derekkj

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Timeline

How long of a taxi ride is it from the train station to the islanders rink? Our Phantom of the Opera play is at 2pm, figuring that must be close to 3 hrs, and the game is at 7 pm.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Looks like our Dec. trip to New York is set! Will catch the train from DC to New York. Will see Lion king Friday night, Phantom of the opera Sat afternoon and I think we will catch the islanders gamer Sat night, thanks to Derekkj superb directions. We may bring our skates along and go skating at Rockefeller center, jam packed weekend. Ok, have put it off long enough, back to the books!! Cheers

Good grief, have you left yourself enough time to sleep?? :P

Have a great time!!! :thumbs:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

Our mornings are free! meg isn't a morning person!! lol I'm hoping their is a Dunkin or starbucks close by! lol Wil definetly require a lot of coffee to stay awake and watch the Islanders!! :-)

Timeline
Our mornings are free! meg isn't a morning person!! lol I'm hoping their is a Dunkin or starbucks close by! lol Wil definetly require a lot of coffee to stay awake and watch the Islanders!! :-)

You are really asking for it my friend! But I will be nice and give you directions that won't land you in the hood, however tempted I may be. :devil:

After a quick glance at the LIRR schedule, it looks like your best bet is to take the train to the Westbury station since it looks like you won't have to change at Jamaica that way. Jamaica can be a pain if you not familiar with it. Westbury is only a couple of miles from the Coliseum, so it shouldn't take more than 15 or so minutes to get there. But I am not sure what the taxi service would be like on a Saturday night, so you may want to call ahead to make sure someone will be there and maybe even arrange the return trip from the Coliseum. Anyway, again according to the website, it's Stuart's Taxi, 516-333-1111.

You may be cutting it a bit close - train from Penn to Westbury is about 45minutes or so - but you should be able to get there by face-off. Keep in mind that coming home, trains are running Off Peak and while they do run all night (unlike Metro!), it may be almost an hour between trains.

Have a great time!

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.