bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
[starting emotional vent]

I can;t live here anymore in Jersey. 3 weeks ago I finally got a job after getting my green card at the beginning of October. I have lived in New Jersey for almost a year now and the truth has finally gotten to me-I am just not happy here. I love my husband and his family, but I can't live here anymore. I am 23 years old and I miss Ottawa, Ontario more than ANYTHING. I miss so much about it, it is cheaper to live there, and as a very artistic person I just miss having live music, poetry, etc. at my finger tips. Suburban New Jersey is not cutting it for me.

I'm 23 years old and I just go to work and come home like my husband does and eat, go to sleep, etc. We don't live close enough to a city (NYC is close but I can't just go there all the time, it takes forever and its expensive and I can't just go by myself at night)

I just have a huge void in my heart and I know it can't be filled here right now. My only feeling right now is to move back and have my husband come join me when ever he gets HIS residency. It is such a HUGE decision to make though and I hope I am making the right one....

[/ending rant]

Sweetie, first it's great to hear from you. Second, sorry to hear things aren't as peachy as you would like.... I understand more than you want to know. I have no wise advise (since when am I wise anyways????? :wacko: ); but take it one day at a time. Make the decision when you have tried all avenues for feeling better. If you still want to go back home, do so.

We're here for you girl!!!

Edited by Len_and_Bren

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Our lives always sux until we see someone worse off than we are. We are the centre of the universe for someone, but not for everyone, keep smiling everything will fall into place (eventually).

WHAT??? I am NOT the centre of the universe???????? :crying::crying::crying:

You are MEAN Ron :crying::crying::crying:

:thumbs: L.

Sweetheart never forget that you are the centre of a universe, Bren's universe.

I have never been called MEAN before or maybe I just didn't hear it being said. As they say call me anything you like but late for lunch.

Ron, you're late for lunch. :)

WHAT??? I am NOT the centre of the universe???????? :crying::crying::crying:

There's goes the whole Lenina-centric model of the universe. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I hate packing!!

Is it bad that I haven't really started yet aside from a heap of clothes I have "sorted" on the floor?

lol

Packing is bad, actually moving the stuff is bad. I have a rule that I don't actually 'move' anything, I will pack, I will clean, just don't ask me to pick up a box.

Our case hasn't cleared NVC yet but I have already been thinking about the move for months. So I am watching the shopping channel a few weeks ago and wooo hooo the showstopper is space bags! So I pick up a big set.

Well they have been sitting in the spare room in their box for weeks so the day before yesterday I decide to try them. I put some curtains, pillows etc etc in the X-Large bag. Get out the vacuum, voila'! it is squished in to a nice pile.

I put a quilt in another, but by then the novelty factor has worn off, so the quilt hasn't been deflated yet, just sitting on the bed in the spare room.

Oh and my first bag - went and looked at it that night and the suction didn't hold - probably didn't put the seal on right or something.

Ok that's a ramble, but I do know what you mean. I have even started washing walls.

My dad is so stupid sometimes!

our kitchen sink is clogged and so last night I went and got Drano_Professional_Strength_Kitchen_Crystals-resized200.jpg which specifically says do NOT put more than a tablespoon per application and do a max of two applications in total.

So I did that last night (two applications) cuz it wouldn't budge

well, I go down this morning to see if I can play with it some more and find that my Drano can is EMPTY!!!

My dad put the WHOLE CAN DOWN THE SINK so now, not only is there whatever was clogging it in the first place, there's WHOLE CAN of drano adding to the clog

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

I hate packing!!

Is it bad that I haven't really started yet aside from a heap of clothes I have "sorted" on the floor?

lol

Packing is bad, actually moving the stuff is bad. I have a rule that I don't actually 'move' anything, I will pack, I will clean, just don't ask me to pick up a box.

Our case hasn't cleared NVC yet but I have already been thinking about the move for months. So I am watching the shopping channel a few weeks ago and wooo hooo the showstopper is space bags! So I pick up a big set.

Well they have been sitting in the spare room in their box for weeks so the day before yesterday I decide to try them. I put some curtains, pillows etc etc in the X-Large bag. Get out the vacuum, voila'! it is squished in to a nice pile.

I put a quilt in another, but by then the novelty factor has worn off, so the quilt hasn't been deflated yet, just sitting on the bed in the spare room.

Oh and my first bag - went and looked at it that night and the suction didn't hold - probably didn't put the seal on right or something.

Ok that's a ramble, but I do know what you mean. I have even started washing walls.

HAHA. I think I need to start washing walls. Maybe that'll help pass some time. I've been cleaning and finding anything to do to pass the time, but I'm done with everything and I'm bored. Anyone got any suggestions?

Mary

Edited by PfcsBaby

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

October 2006 - I-129F sent

10/24/2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!....APPROVED!!

10/30/2007 - Visa in hand!

AOS Timeline:

1/30/08 - Sent AOS pkg Priority Mail with USPS

3/12/08 - Biometrics taken

3/29/08 - EAD and AP in hand for me and my son

5/21/08 - Email-GC on its way!...RFE for my son's application

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

7/02/08 - Sons GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

4/22/10 - Biometrics Appt for me and my son

6/30/10 - Email saying card production ordered for me and my son

7/6/10 - Letter in the mail saying cards will arrive within 60 days

7/10/10 - Both cards received!

My dad is so stupid sometimes!

our kitchen sink is clogged and so last night I went and got Drano_Professional_Strength_Kitchen_Crystals-resized200.jpg which specifically says do NOT put more than a tablespoon per application and do a max of two applications in total.

So I did that last night (two applications) cuz it wouldn't budge

well, I go down this morning to see if I can play with it some more and find that my Drano can is EMPTY!!!

My dad put the WHOLE CAN DOWN THE SINK so now, not only is there whatever was clogging it in the first place, there's WHOLE CAN of drano adding to the clog

Ok I have this problem too Liz. My sink has been clogged for months in the bathroom. I have even taken an old toothbrush of my son's(cause its tiny) and triedshoving it down there to get whatever it is out. Well it dont work, so don't ever anyone try this. I didnt get it stuck there. I haven tried all kinda of drain cleaners and nothing works. Anyone know of anything else? I bought 1 of those toilet snake thingys, but its a bathroom sink thats clogged and the snake doesnt fit down there.

Mary

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

Timeline
Ok I have this problem too Liz. My sink has been clogged for months in the bathroom. I have even taken an old toothbrush of my son's(cause its tiny) and triedshoving it down there to get whatever it is out. Well it dont work, so don't ever anyone try this. I didnt get it stuck there. I haven tried all kinda of drain cleaners and nothing works. Anyone know of anything else? I bought 1 of those toilet snake thingys, but its a bathroom sink thats clogged and the snake doesnt fit down there.

Mary

Last time this happened to us I used a wire coat hanger, stuck it down there a few times - worked like a charm.

Oh and I just thought of something else, I was watching this cleaning show once and she poured a whole bunch of baking soda down the drain then doused it with vinegar, cleared the sink! I do this now sometimes just to make sure they don't get clogged (but I clean sinks etc with baking soda and vinegar anyway so it's not a huge stretch).

Edited by trailmix

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Aren't you guys all so excited to be moving so soon?!!!! I am jelous, I would wash walls to be able to go now. Lol.

2003 Met my husband while going to school in U.S.

2005 Moved back to Canada :(

2005-2007 Many visits back to the U.S.

July 20, 2007 Married!

July 27, 2007 Sent off I-130 package

August 6, 2007 Confirmation service center received package via online tracking

September 6, 2007 NOA-1 Receipt date

September 10, 2007 Received NOA-1 in mail

Case pending at CSC

March 6, 2008 Touch

March 7, 2008 Touch

March 9, 2008 Touch

March 11, 2008 1-130 Approved

September 11, 2007 Sent off I-129f package

September 17, 2007 Confirmation service center received package

September 19, 2007 NOA-1 Receipt date

September 25, 2007 Received NOA-1 in mail

Case pending at CSC

March 6, 2008 Touch

March 7, 2008 Touch.

March 9, 2008 Touch

March 11, 2008 1-129f Approved

Timeline
Aren't you guys all so excited to be moving so soon?!!!! I am jelous, I would wash walls to be able to go now. Lol.

Well I am happy about it, but since we don't have the visa yet I'm cautiousss :) . We don't even know where we are moving TO yet. We had planned on moving to Nebraska, as that is where my Sister etc live, however now we are thinking of warmer climes and North or South Carolina. However Husband doesn't want to move to a State with 'South' in the name haha

Anyone know of anything else? I bought 1 of those toilet snake thingys, but its a bathroom sink thats clogged and the snake doesnt fit down there.

Mary

You're probably best just taking the drain apart and clearing it out that way. You might want to try a plunger, first, to see if that will clear it.

Liz, be careful of adding baking soda or vinegar to the bottle of Drano that's already in there. You may end up with a bad chemical reaction. Try to plunge it down, first, now that it's had time to sit a bit.

Sometimes you can find stores which will sell industrial strength products. They're far more effective than the off-the-shelf stuff that you get in Can Tire and such. Good luck with your clogs!!

iagree.gif

HAHA. I think I need to start washing walls. Maybe that'll help pass some time. I've been cleaning and finding anything to do to pass the time, but I'm done with everything and I'm bored. Anyone got any suggestions?

Mary

Yes. Sign up for Online Services with Custom House. You'll need it for taking care of any banking transactions between Canada and the US. Unless you plan on closing your Canadian account, then never mind. lol

iagree.gif

Mary

Yes. Sign up for Online Services with Custom House. You'll need it for taking care of any banking transactions between Canada and the US. Unless you plan on closing your Canadian account, then never mind. lol

Now I was looking at that last night and went to the site and tried to find some info on there. Do I actually have to go into their store, or whatever it is in my city to do all this? Also, how does it even work, cause if you need a credit card, then forget it, I don't own one lol. I'm keeping my Canadian bank account open for at least the next year or so. I was just going to deposit some money into my account, then transfer that money to my Palpal account, then transfer it again to Brian's Paypal account, that way he can put the money in his account. Ok, that might sound confusing, but it really isn't lol. It also saves me a lot of money doing it that way, instead of doing a wire transfer from my bank account to his. I need to figure something out at least by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Mary

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

Mary

Now I was looking at that last night and went to the site and tried to find some info on there. Do I actually have to go into their store, or whatever it is in my city to do all this? Also, how does it even work, cause if you need a credit card, then forget it, I don't own one lol. I'm keeping my Canadian bank account open for at least the next year or so. I was just going to deposit some money into my account, then transfer that money to my Palpal account, then transfer it again to Brian's Paypal account, that way he can put the money in his account. Ok, that might sound confusing, but it really isn't lol. It also saves me a lot of money doing it that way, instead of doing a wire transfer from my bank account to his. I need to figure something out at least by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Mary

No, you don't need a credit card to open an account. You do everything online so there is no "store". You can call the toll free number 1.866.494.2423 if you need help at any point. They'll walk you through every step of the process. The Paypal method sounds a bit cumbersome. Custom House isn't, once you've set it up. Just one straight transfer from your Canadian account to your US account.

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Mary

Mary

i have been here for over 2 years and I still have my account open in Canada... I did close down my checking account though because it took a fee out every month regardless if I used it or not but the savings only takes out a fee if I take money out of it....

I just use my ATM card to get money out of the account...

I added my mom to my account so she can deal with stuff if there is a need for it...

she likes that I kept it open because it is an easy way for her to send me money :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.