4,952 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Some days I hate this place. :angry:

Hugs, my sister...I do understand that sentiment. After the events of last week and yesterday in particular, I feel the same way. I wish Joel and I could move home NOW.

Hope tomorrow is better sister. (F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Timeline

Hugs, my sister...I do understand that sentiment. After the events of last week and yesterday in particular, I feel the same way. I wish Joel and I could move home NOW.

I was talking about VJ :lol:.... but now that you mention it he he he..... applies to the geographical here as well sometimes. I HATE THE HEALTH CARE NON-SYSTEM.

End of rant.

And if anyone, ANYONE, tries to be an azzzz to Laura, they have the wrath of Lady Heather coming to them faster than ..... :devil:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Why would anyone be a jerk to Laura? She's SO sweet and helpful! You let me at 'em Len! :P For me, right now that hate is definitely a geographical feeling. I can't wait to leave negativity behind and start fresh!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

I am beginning to despise this place too (VJ that is). ####### is wrong with some people. They can't read? Boxes of rocks, I tell ya!

*signing out on day 139* :ranting:

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I go away for one day and look what happens. :lol: BTW, I still get a family discount on the b*tch slapping service don't I? :lol:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
And if anyone, ANYONE, tries to be an azzzz to Laura, they have the wrath of Lady Heather coming to them faster than ..... :devil:

If someone tries to be mean with Laura, 'lil ol' Mumsie might just forget he's a pacifist and remember he's a chainsaw enthusiast. :devil:

IR5

Timeline
Why would anyone be a jerk to Laura? She's SO sweet and helpful! You let me at 'em Len! :PFor me, right now that hate is definitely a geographical feeling. I can't wait to leave negativity behind and start fresh!

That's the spirit Amy!!!! :thumbs: Now here take a cookie. I promise by the time you're done eating it, you'll feel right as rain. :innocent:

####### is wrong with some people. They can't read? Boxes of rocks, I tell ya!

You're preaching to the choir. :crying: Read first, then ask questions, that way you'll understand the answer and get more out of the discussion.

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Was funny, I actually had to leave another canada/usa forum onyahoo!! Nice bunch of people,but a few posted incorrect information about immigration visas,primarily K3 and cr-1,lol Just frustrating to see that, and then have the owner of the board--who made it clear it was HER board, start to moderate my postings!! And when i backed up my postings with proof, she stuil said i was incorrect. Furthermore she did not liek that I posted information about VJ, even though she isn't an immigration site, guess she feels insecure. Oh well, I just feel bad about the incorrect info she and a few others post on there. Not really a vent, just another way to stay away from studying,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I was talking about VJ :lol: .... but now that you mention it he he he..... applies to the geographical here as well sometimes. I HATE THE HEALTH CARE NON-SYSTEM.

End of rant.

:) Ahhhh gotcha Len. Well I feel like that about VJ lately too. I've been watching the thread I think you're referring to. There's so much judgmentalism going on in that thread there's no way to sift out the good info the OP was asking for. I'm wondering if maybe I need another break from VJ, at least til I get the stress I'm under at work sorted out.

I know we all have our moments where things are said...I know I do :blush: but geez louise...some of what I've read in there, gawd....

And I do agree with you about the health care system here in the US - and I've dealt with it all my life. :wacko:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

I was talking about VJ :lol: .... but now that you mention it he he he..... applies to the geographical here as well sometimes. I HATE THE HEALTH CARE NON-SYSTEM.

End of rant.

:) Ahhhh gotcha Len. Well I feel like that about VJ lately too. I've been watching the thread I think you're referring to. There's so much judgmentalism going on in that thread there's no way to sift out the good info the OP was asking for. I'm wondering if maybe I need another break from VJ, at least til I get the stress I'm under at work sorted out.

I know we all have our moments where things are said...I know I do :blush: but geez louise...some of what I've read in there, gawd....

And I do agree with you about the health care system here in the US - and I've dealt with it all my life. :wacko:

*looks around in confusion* :unsure:

iagree.gif

Why would anyone be a jerk to Laura? She's SO sweet and helpful! You let me at 'em Len! :PFor me, right now that hate is definitely a geographical feeling. I can't wait to leave negativity behind and start fresh!

That's the spirit Amy!!!! :thumbs: Now here take a cookie. I promise by the time you're done eating it, you'll feel right as rain. :innocent:

####### is wrong with some people. They can't read? Boxes of rocks, I tell ya!

You're preaching to the choir. :crying: Read first, then ask questions, that way you'll understand the answer and get more out of the discussion.

Love the quote from one of my favourite movies, Mumsie. B)

And yes, do take a deep breath ATeam; that is mom's job sometimes to infuriate. Bahaha!

They really don't mean any harm. Do try to find out where this is coming from.

What the reasons are for her to not just be simply loving and supportive.

Ask.

As I have been know to say:

there are only two ways to make a decision or two places from where things originate;

it is either

from love or from fear.

Choose from fear and watch the horrid results.

Choose from love and ...mmmm...well, what more needs to be said.

Choose love.

(L)

It is the greatest peace-in-the-moment kinda thingie.

Oh Delicia, please visualize resolution.

Visualize the result.

Do create a vision map: in however it works for you.

A box with photos, writings, and cut-outs of things you want to have happen.

Or a piece of large cardboard/bristol-board and glue/paint/write such things to it.

Look at it each day.

It is time to switch the programming.

Time to manifest what you truly want...the only way to accomplish this is by seeing it already happening.

Feeling it happening.

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!

:star:

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

AWW! LEN!!! :)

lol you are adorable..thanks for being with me sista!!!! ;)

:star:

Why would anyone be a jerk to Laura? She's SO sweet and helpful! You let me at 'em Len! :P For me, right now that hate is definitely a geographical feeling. I can't wait to leave negativity behind and start fresh!

Amy... :blush: *Smile*

You are moving so soon!!!! :D

If someone tries to be mean with Laura, 'lil ol' Mumsie might just forget he's a pacifist and remember he's a chainsaw enthusiast. :devil:

:o!!!!

Woah!!!! LOL

This made me laugh out loud Mumsie!!!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

I really really REALLY didn't mean to be judgmental, but come on..the wording in the original thread? ACK! Horrible.

If he had posted all the information in the first place, and just worded it completely different...my reaction would have been different, as well as many many others I'm sure.

I'm stressed out lately too Karen....TMI but I'm late for my period (no, I'm not preggers, took 2 tests) I'm just...stressed. About work, about the move, about the visit in 3 days (I keep having dreams I'll get denied at the border) sigh... :unsure:

Group hug!!!!... :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

I really really REALLY didn't mean to be judgmental, but come on..the wording in the original thread? ACK! Horrible.

If he had posted all the information in the first place, and just worded it completely different...my reaction would have been different, as well as many many others I'm sure.

I'm stressed out lately too Karen....TMI but I'm late for my period (no, I'm not preggers, took 2 tests) I'm just...stressed. About work, about the move, about the visit in 3 days (I keep having dreams I'll get denied at the border) sigh... :unsure:

Group hug!!!!... :)

I will NOT, repeat, NOT do the group hug thing (I have a b1tch reputation to protect, yah know????) But I just couldn't see how folks are lecturers and lame ones at that- fkcuers. I'm not staying quiet anymore. So bring it on jerks.

Love you all, including Mumsie (and that's saying A LOT) :lol:

Edited by Len_and_Bren

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.