bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, that scream from Fairfax, VA that was heard at about 8:45am this morning was me.

I think it went something like, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

No VJ.

No AOL

No Yahoo

No Facebook, MySpace, etc.

No games

No fun, I tell ya!

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

so what did ya do at the museum?? play with the army characters??

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Actual work! Changed light bulbs, rebooted computers, dealt with researcher questions, processed loan agreements, accessioned new objects, supervised 1 part-timer and 1 volunteer, etc.

Probably helped that my boss called in sick today, because I was so busy doing all my work plus his that I didn't have time to get on VJ even if I could have.

But wait til he comes in on Monday and finds out that he can't get on his favorite forum! :lol:

Edited by derekkj

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Timeline

I worked in this place once (Cantax - tax software - they moved to Quebec, in case anyone is looking for work in Quebec just a heads up that you don't want to work there!).

Anyway, there was a very high handed, I am the God of technology IT person. Not only did they monitor internet usage, they read email, even confronted someone with one of them once.

I also worked doing payroll at the Port O' Call Inn near the airport here once (it has a new owner from what I hear). The 'manager' was the owner's daughter. The office was silent, no one spoke - there was no - 'hey what are you doing this weekend' - come to find out (as she showed me) the 'manager' video taped the office, she had a monitor in her cabinet. We are talking about an office of like 4 people. She also sent out a memo once stating that there was to be no social chat in the office.

I think I worked there for 6 weeks, maybe 8.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I worked in this place once (Cantax - tax software - they moved to Quebec, in case anyone is looking for work in Quebec just a heads up that you don't want to work there!).

Anyway, there was a very high handed, I am the God of technology IT person. Not only did they monitor internet usage, they read email, even confronted someone with one of them once.

I also worked doing payroll at the Port O' Call Inn near the airport here once (it has a new owner from what I hear). The 'manager' was the owner's daughter. The office was silent, no one spoke - there was no - 'hey what are you doing this weekend' - come to find out (as she showed me) the 'manager' video taped the office, she had a monitor in her cabinet. We are talking about an office of like 4 people. She also sent out a memo once stating that there was to be no social chat in the office.

I just nominated you for sainthood. :lol: Port O'Call sounds more like Port-o-let. :lol: The IT guy? By any chance was his name Nick Burns. :lol:

Nick Burns

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

I just nominated you for sainthood. :lol: Port O'Call sounds more like Port-o-let. :lol: The IT guy? By any chance was his name Nick Burns. :lol:

Nick Burns

lol - not quite but he had the same stagger!

And port-o-let is probably more appropriate. I think I stayed there for 2 months because she thought I was her 'buddy'. She would share her lunch with me, also assume that is why she showed me her secret monitor.

Decided I didn't want to conspire with the enemy, even though the lunch she brought in was pretty nice :hehe:

Filed: Timeline

Nick Burns

And port-o-let is probably more appropriate. I think I stayed there for 2 months because she thought I was her 'buddy'. She would share her lunch with me, also assume that is why she showed me her secret monitor.

Decided I didn't want to conspire with the enemy, even though the lunch she brought in was pretty nice :hehe:

Peepz- this Por-a-something made me realize I had not shared with you all a valuable piece of information about lovely Seattle. Do you know how they call the port-a-potties for public usage??????

HONEY BUCKET. :blink:

Is it just me or that's just gross? OR maybe my brother IR5 owns the darn company and decided to put in a bit of his really sick sense of humour???? :wacko:

Timeline

Nick Burns

Peepz- this Por-a-something made me realize I had not shared with you all a valuable piece of information about lovely Seattle. Do you know how they call the port-a-potties for public usage??????

Is it just me or that's just gross? OR maybe my brother IR5 owns the darn company and decided to put in a bit of his really sick sense of humour???? :wacko:

Sis, you know I'm into all forms of scatology. :lol: Cleveland steamers, Pittsburgh platters, Dirty Sanchez, you name it, I'm into it. :lol: I'm a coprophage and that's how I roll. :lol:

I named it Honey Bucket for one reason; all those people drinking all that Starbucks ####### with all the sugar thrown in. Can you say, instant diabetes. Actually the old test for detecting diabetes mellitus was to taste the urine of the patient. It smells sweet and diabetes mellitus literally means sweet urine. Nawww, I'm just kidding I'm really into fecalphilia, no wonder nobody wants to shake my hand. :lol:

IR5

Sis, you know I'm into all forms of scatology. :lol: Cleveland steamers, Pittsburgh platters, Dirty Sanchez, you name it, I'm into it. :lol: I'm a coprophage and that's how I roll. :lol:

I named it Honey Bucket for one reason; all those people drinking all that Starbucks ####### with all the sugar thrown in. Can you say, instant diabetes. Actually the old test for detecting diabetes mellitus was to taste the urine of the patient. It smells sweet and diabetes mellitus literally means sweet urine. Nawww, I'm just kidding I'm really into fecalphilia, no wonder nobody wants to shake my hand. :lol:

Brother ----- repeat after me:

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS GO TO STARBUCKS.

Rinse, puke, repeat once more:

Timeline

Brother ----- repeat after me:

Rinse, puke, repeat once more:

:lol:

IR5

The best name I ever saw for a porto-potty was somewhere in the Nevada desert---it was called the Pee-Pee Teepee!

There is an Australian movie about a guy who runs a porto-potty rental company. The description of it in the Qantas in-flight magazine made it sound a lot more entertaining than it was. I'd love to use the 13-hour flight as an excuse, but I think I was just gullible.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

VENT: Me and my amigos from the Latin American forum have been having the time of our lives in a funky thread that started yesterday. We are just being goofballs, laughing, having a good time. Lo and behold, we get folks that INSIST we are talking about RACE (talk about paranoia :wacko: ).--- JESUSFKINGCHRIST. Get a grip and buy a dictionary for pete's sake. --- or stay away from threads in a language you cannot read. ARGHHHHHHH.

~~~end of vent~~~~~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.