bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know most are probly already living in the states like myself , but had the idea and ask here maybe I get lucky for my daughter ,

by any chance does anyone know of places where they hire english people in Montreal ??

Maybe she should move to Calgary!

jpegbuckshot.jpg

Holy ####### it's Buckshot! I totally forgot about that show! :lol: You just made my day trailmix! :D

Modano (Kandy) ~ Canada ------ Johnny ~ USA

04/22/05 ~ Moved to the US

06/18/05 ~ Married!! Woo Hoo!

06/22/05 ~ Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago

06/27/05 ~ Applied for SSN

07/05/05 ~ Received SS card via Mail

07/08/05 ~ NOA's for AOS/AP received

08/24/05 ~ Fingerprinting & Biometrics

03/07/06 ~ I-485 Interview Date

03/07/06 ~ I-485 Approved!

04/13/06 ~ Conditional GC Received

01/04/08 ~ I -751 package mailed to NSC

01/09/08 ~ Confirmation package was received

01/07/08 ~ Cheque cashed - they cashed that in a hurry!

01/15/08 ~ NOA Received dated 01/07/08

01/29/08 ~ Biometrics appointment letter dated 01/25/08

02/12/08 ~ Biometrics appointment

03/13/08 ~ APPROVED!! Green Card has been ordered!

I have a custom-made wedding band with 4 little diamonds set into it and one larger one. It always flips around so the diamonds aren't lined up with the engagement ring so I've been meaning to have em fused together. Well, the other day I looked down at my finger and the larger diamond was GONE! :crying: Just a big hole where it used to be. I'm SO upset every time I look at my finger now... I could just cry.

I'm so sorry to hear about your diamond. I feel your pain. I lost my entire wedding set on my way home to Calgary at Christmas. I cried for 3 days. I am now wearing a set my husband bought me from Shoppers Drug mart. $24.99. ;)

Modano (Kandy) ~ Canada ------ Johnny ~ USA

04/22/05 ~ Moved to the US

06/18/05 ~ Married!! Woo Hoo!

06/22/05 ~ Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago

06/27/05 ~ Applied for SSN

07/05/05 ~ Received SS card via Mail

07/08/05 ~ NOA's for AOS/AP received

08/24/05 ~ Fingerprinting & Biometrics

03/07/06 ~ I-485 Interview Date

03/07/06 ~ I-485 Approved!

04/13/06 ~ Conditional GC Received

01/04/08 ~ I -751 package mailed to NSC

01/09/08 ~ Confirmation package was received

01/07/08 ~ Cheque cashed - they cashed that in a hurry!

01/15/08 ~ NOA Received dated 01/07/08

01/29/08 ~ Biometrics appointment letter dated 01/25/08

02/12/08 ~ Biometrics appointment

03/13/08 ~ APPROVED!! Green Card has been ordered!

Filed: Timeline
I know most are probly already living in the states like myself , but had the idea and ask here maybe I get lucky for my daughter ,

by any chance does anyone know of places where they hire english people in Montreal ??

Maybe she should move to Calgary!

jpegbuckshot.jpg

Holy ####### it's Buckshot! I totally forgot about that show! :lol: You just made my day trailmix! :D

I had no idea what that was, but it looked scary. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I bought insurance yesterday and went to the doc this morning. He put me on a bunch of fun stuff. IM HIGHHHHH!!!

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

I bought insurance yesterday and went to the doc this morning. He put me on a bunch of fun stuff. IM HIGHHHHH!!!

:blink::lol:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

GRRRR! Maybe I shouldn't complain...I know many of you are out of work or can't work just yet so please forgive this rant. My husband does have a FT job...but they are horrible to him. They know how important it is for him to be at home at night (our daughter - age 8 - has epilepsy) just in case something happens, y'know? He's asked that he be allowed to work at least three of the five days he's scheduled to work...you know, daytime hours. He's not asked for any special considerations, just that one thing. It would be such a comfort for me to have him here just in case she has a bad seizure. Not only that, she has MVP (Mitral Valve Prolapse) and being the freaky mom I am, I worry. So now, for the second week in a row his boss has deliberately scheduled him for nights all across the board. I just don't understand it...I really don't. Maybe I don't have the right to complain, but you would think a small amount of consideration would be in order here. He works hard, never complains about never having a weekend off (we've not had a weekend together in over a year) nor does he slack off at work. He won't say anything for fear of losing his job. *BIG OL' HUGE SIGH* I'm about ready to stary crying just thinking about how miserable he is right now. Why...just why...do some people seem to have it in for those of us who actually ENJOY being with family and WANT to be a good parent?

*runs for the tissues*

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
GRRRR! Maybe I shouldn't complain...I know many of you are out of work or can't work just yet so please forgive this rant. My husband does have a FT job...but they are horrible to him. They know how important it is for him to be at home at night (our daughter - age 8 - has epilepsy) just in case something happens, y'know? He's asked that he be allowed to work at least three of the five days he's scheduled to work...you know, daytime hours. He's not asked for any special considerations, just that one thing. It would be such a comfort for me to have him here just in case she has a bad seizure. Not only that, she has MVP (Mitral Valve Prolapse) and being the freaky mom I am, I worry. So now, for the second week in a row his boss has deliberately scheduled him for nights all across the board. I just don't understand it...I really don't. Maybe I don't have the right to complain, but you would think a small amount of consideration would be in order here. He works hard, never complains about never having a weekend off (we've not had a weekend together in over a year) nor does he slack off at work. He won't say anything for fear of losing his job. *BIG OL' HUGE SIGH* I'm about ready to stary crying just thinking about how miserable he is right now. Why...just why...do some people seem to have it in for those of us who actually ENJOY being with family and WANT to be a good parent?

*runs for the tissues*

This really sucks. I guess some folks are azzholes. Would a little compassion for a fellow human being kill him. As a friend who was very old and very Irish liked to say, "You think the man upstairs ain't keeping score?" I'm so sorry for your predicament. Hang in there, things will get better. :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

*runs for the tissues*

Sweet KarenCee,

I so hear you.

It is most odd that things like compassion and understanding are virtues of old.

Say to people you want to spend time with your loved ones instead of working and they think you are a slacker or some equally derogatory term.

The thing is, is that what everyone desires and will not do for themselves they do not want any one else to have either.

It's like if a person is miserable, overworked, tired, etc., they want you to feel the same way.

Misery loves company. :hehe:

Ha!

So the only thing is this:

do what you feel is right and good for you, and let others say what they will.

There are plenty of jobs that can be flexible for you (your hubby); one place does no comply? Try another.

People who care about you and who have love in their hearts would never try to stop you from doing what is good and right for you. (L)

That's it, that's all.

(A most famous Montreal expression.) :D

I wish much luck to your husband for either a resolution at his current job, or a wonderful new job around the corner for 3 days a week, if that's he wishes.

Time is something you can never get back.

Spend it wisely.

:star: :star: :star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Had to search for this thread today...BUMPity bump! :D

My Vent Today

So I am living with this huge asss TV, and tons of channels, and you might ask me: why are you turning it on Spirit?

(I have not lived with a TV for almost 2 decades.)

Well, the thing is, is I am highly curious.

So I turn to CNN (sweet lorrrdy lordy have mercy on me, HA) and the election coverage for the potentials is 90% of the news.

The same thing over and over.

And we have how many more months to go?? Yes, I know: November Zero Eight.

And whilst in Montreal, just before coming here, The Gazette's headlines - front page!! - were about the USian's upcoming election like it was Canadian news.

Well, I realize that Canada is most interested in what goes on here in the U.S. because of the impact.

So my incessant curiousity keeps me glued for a while to see if anything will change, or will they keep the loop going, and for how long??

Help help hepl hepl!! :help:

Hahaha.

So I asked my sweetie how he would feel if we didn't have a TV when we move downtown; or if we did keep the TV could we not get cable....he laughed and said I could turn it off. He doesn't understand: I can't. Addiction to this #######...yes it is a problem.

It feels like I am being brainwashed, and I am so fascinated by all things that the general populace do, that my on-going societal research/human behaviour observations of mine need to be quelled.

I need a good doctor.

:blush:

Oh and believe me I have much to do and do get it done.

The home refurbishing, the uncluttering, the organizing, the cleaning, etc., the doggy walking....etc. etc..

Anyone need to know how to remove wallpaper?

Ask me. Ha!

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So what you are saying is that you need a CNN support group?

I watch TV, I like some programs, I don't much care for CNN or news in general - although I watch from time to time.

TV is good for you :thumbs:

Edited by trailmix

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

There are some good programs on TV. Enjoy the discovery channel, military channel! Yes there is lots of ####### as well,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.