bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Well, look on the bright side, Krikit. You've just eaten something that breaks one of the fundamental laws of nature---the one that says everything tastes better on the way down than it does on the way back up.

Bets the question, though, who thought a puke-flavored candy would be a good idea????

:lol: I know! That's exactly what I was thinking!

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how they advertise it? I mean, what euphamism for "vomit" did they use to name the flavor? Recycled gummi bear?

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

have you read or watched Harry Potter?? in the books they have something called "Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans"..

that is where Jelly Belly got the idea for the weird tasting beans...

According to Ron, there are ordinary flavors like chocolate and peppermint and marmalade, but also more adventuresome ones like spinach and liver and tripe (PS6). George said he'd had a booger-flavored one. Dumbledore said that, in his youth, he ate a vomit-flavored one and was put off Bertie Bott's Beans for quite a while. Eventually he tried what he thought might be a "nice toffee," only to discover that the flavor was actually ear wax (PS17).

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/wizworld/beans.html

flavors of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans

NOTE: These are the only flavors mentioned in the books.

baked bean (PS6)

booger (at least George Weasley said so) (PS6)

chocolate (PS6)

coconut (PS6)

coffee (PS6)

curry (PS6)

ear wax (PS17)

grass (PS6)

liver (PS6)

marmalade (PS6)

pepper (PS6)

peppermint (PS6)

sardine (PS6)

spinach (PS6)

sprouts (PS6)

strawberry (PS6)

toast (PS6)

toffee (PS17)

tripe (PS6)

vomit (PS17)

In the U.S. and Canada, the Muggle version of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans are made by the WEB LINKJelly Belly company. They are sold in bags and also in boxes. The flavors include sardine, pepper, grass, horseradish, vomit, booger, earwax, and dirt. New flavors have been added recently: earthworm, spaghetti, spinach, and soap. Personally, I like the pepper and grass flavors the best, although spaghetti is interesting too. -SVA

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

have you read or watched Harry Potter?? in the books they have something called "Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans"..

:o Are you kidding me? Am I SERIOUSLY eating vomit-flavoured jelly bellies? It's not just my imagination?

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Timeline

:o Are you kidding me? Am I SERIOUSLY eating vomit-flavoured jelly bellies? It's not just my imagination?

I am sure it isn't real vomit but just a simulated flavour... :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

they don't mix the weird flavoured beans with the normal flavours they come in their own packaging..

http://www.candywarehouse.com/harrypotterbox.html

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

although we watched a show just recently that showed how different things were made and one of the places they visited was the Jelly Belly plant...

they talked to one of the inventor guys and he said he actually saved up some of his ear wax and tasted it so he knew what it tasted like .... eeeewwwww....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

although we watched a show just recently that showed how different things were made and one of the places they visited was the Jelly Belly plant...

they talked to one of the inventor guys and he said he actually saved up some of his ear wax and tasted it so he knew what it tasted like .... eeeewwwww....

Okay, now I really DO taste vomit. :dead:

iagree.gif

Timeline
I wonder how they advertise it? I mean, what euphamism for "vomit" did they use to name the flavor? Recycled gummi bear?

Regurgitated raspbery is my favourite. MMMM love that tangy bile and stomach acid taste. :lol: Everytime I eat them I have the chyme of my life. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

You guys are making coffee come out of my nose!

Yeah, "artificial flavoring" is an ingredient you really truly hope to see on the box of vomit-flavored jelly bellys....

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husbands grandmother just left, but she stood outside our bedroom bashing me to the cleaning lady not knowing that I was in here.

Just saying that I refuse to work, and that I am using my visa as an excuse to not work.

I am really flipping pissed.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.