bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone.

Each one had basic insurance of $100.

I am going to find out how to make some claims.

Ha!

Although...that does not replace the artsy soundless windchime...

I feel better today.

Yesterday when that box arrived, I went ballistic!

Plus it was left on the stoop.

The first one, they rang; the second one, they left a note, and this one, well I was home and no one rang.

I have left a note for the post-person for future deliveries: ring or leave note please!

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You know the whole work nutty people thing. Well someone in my Husband's office just walked out. There are 3 women in a particular department - one of them is the instigator. New person joins them a few weeks ago and the other two - one in particular have been nothing but mean to her.

Yesterday the 2 - the bully and her cohort as it were, go and have a meeting with the Manager.

Today the manager calls the 3rd person in for a chat, long story short she just left. She had her resignation letter written up already anyway.

This is the 3rd person who has left because of this bully within a year. So stupid.

Filed: Timeline
You know the whole work nutty people thing. Well someone in my Husband's office just walked out. There are 3 women in a particular department - one of them is the instigator. New person joins them a few weeks ago and the other two - one in particular have been nothing but mean to her.

Yesterday the 2 - the bully and her cohort as it were, go and have a meeting with the Manager.

Today the manager calls the 3rd person in for a chat, long story short she just left. She had her resignation letter written up already anyway.

This is the 3rd person who has left because of this bully within a year. So stupid.

Sad. Some managers are too scared to stand up to the bullies and end up letting the bullies call the shots. See it all the time. *shakes head*

iagree.gif

Once I can handle, but twice is just silly! I went for a job interview today. I actually had to take the El downtown in the freaking cold and go to an interview for them to tell me that I had too much freaking experience! What the heck is going on here?!!!! I am not a rocket scientist! I'm not even asking for a high paying position. I just want to get my foot in the darn door already! ARRRRRGGGGG! :angry: I know that I am over qualified to be a Admin Assistant, but I just want to get in the door and move up from there. Doesn't anyone do that anymore?!! I have applied for positions that are within my field and get no response, so I try to go lower in the totem pole and now I'm over qualified! I tried to explain that I am willing to work upwards towards my goal and that got me "well we're looking for someone long term." Well that's just great. So you want someone with no ambition to get any farther in the company? :blink: There is something seriously wrong with Chicago! I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here, but it has to be me, since I've had that response twice now. :crying: I just want a job. I'm thinking of going to apply at freaking McDonalds just so I have something to do. Then again they'll probably tell me I'm over qualified. :wacko:

Modano (Kandy) ~ Canada ------ Johnny ~ USA

04/22/05 ~ Moved to the US

06/18/05 ~ Married!! Woo Hoo!

06/22/05 ~ Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago

06/27/05 ~ Applied for SSN

07/05/05 ~ Received SS card via Mail

07/08/05 ~ NOA's for AOS/AP received

08/24/05 ~ Fingerprinting & Biometrics

03/07/06 ~ I-485 Interview Date

03/07/06 ~ I-485 Approved!

04/13/06 ~ Conditional GC Received

01/04/08 ~ I -751 package mailed to NSC

01/09/08 ~ Confirmation package was received

01/07/08 ~ Cheque cashed - they cashed that in a hurry!

01/15/08 ~ NOA Received dated 01/07/08

01/29/08 ~ Biometrics appointment letter dated 01/25/08

02/12/08 ~ Biometrics appointment

03/13/08 ~ APPROVED!! Green Card has been ordered!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

I am tired of waiting for my NOA-1. That's all.

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Once I can handle, but twice is just silly! I went for a job interview today. I actually had to take the El downtown in the freaking cold and go to an interview for them to tell me that I had too much freaking experience! What the heck is going on here?!!!! I am not a rocket scientist! I'm not even asking for a high paying position. I just want to get my foot in the darn door already! ARRRRRGGGGG! :angry: I know that I am over qualified to be a Admin Assistant, but I just want to get in the door and move up from there. Doesn't anyone do that anymore?!! I have applied for positions that are within my field and get no response, so I try to go lower in the totem pole and now I'm over qualified! I tried to explain that I am willing to work upwards towards my goal and that got me "well we're looking for someone long term." Well that's just great. So you want someone with no ambition to get any farther in the company? :blink: There is something seriously wrong with Chicago! I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here, but it has to be me, since I've had that response twice now. :crying: I just want a job. I'm thinking of going to apply at freaking McDonalds just so I have something to do. Then again they'll probably tell me I'm over qualified. :wacko:

It's okay, Modano. You don't want a job where they think that. It will only drive you crazy. I would look at these interviews as good practice for the job that's waiting for me. The right job. There's a reason you're not getting these positions. It's because the right job is out there waiting. Another thought to bypass the "overqualified" scenario.... have you made contact with a head hunter or an agency? That might help. :thumbs:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Awww Spirit...big HUGS to you. How awful that your boxes were in such rough shape. I had that happen to one box, not as much damage mind you, but they did take everything out and tossed it. I had something in the box that had batteries, and their mission was to get to it, (of course it was on the bottom of the box!), and take out the batteries. They left a note in the box as to what occurred, and I think there was like inspector numbers or something on a piece of paper in the box. Maybe you have one of those and you can follow it up to contact them about the shape the box was left in.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So i was TRYING to do the right thing and last at this crappy place until my boss can find a replacement and I can find some temp work.. I just had a call from one of hte other employees saying my boss is pissed at me and is taking cheap shots at me behind my back because I "jumped shipped" .. ahhh.. you weren't PAYING me.. SO much for trying to "do the right thing". :angry:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

So i was TRYING to do the right thing and last at this crappy place until my boss can find a replacement and I can find some temp work.. I just had a call from one of hte other employees saying my boss is pissed at me and is taking cheap shots at me behind my back because I "jumped shipped" .. ahhh.. you weren't PAYING me.. SO much for trying to "do the right thing". :angry:

:angry: to both those people. :angry: to the one who is telling you stuff like that (how is that productive?). And :angry: to the boss for being so unprofessional. Glad you're getting out of there, E. :thumbs:

iagree.gif

Oh Spirit!!! I'm SO SORRY!!!

That is just horrible :angry:

I don't understand :(

Why can't people treat other people's property like it is their own, I certainly would if I worked as a postal service worker or at an airline handling luggage.

Sheesh..this world is messed up.

Hang in there hon (F)

Thinking of you

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

What the H is going on?

Are the planets all lined up "wrong" or something?

Is there too much Mars energy (the planet of masculine energy and war)?

What is up with all the unrest at all of your offices?

And yes, getting a job to get one's foot in the door is the best way to start in a company.

You get to learn about it from the bottom up.

And a backstabbing boss...well, that is so cowardly!

If I were you Emancipation, I wpould go right up to their face and ask them to tell me to my face anything they wanted to say...here and now!

(Now I just feel like flying over there and punching that guy/girl. Don't worry, I am more bark than bite. :lol: )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Carlawarla.

There was no paper inside with the fact that it was inspected.

I guess they needed just to get their frustrations out on some passerby's belongings.

It is hard to believe how the items were handled.

The clear plastic container with the coins in it were also inside a tied plastic bag.

Everything was ripped, shredded and thrown about.

Amazing.

I will be following up today.

I just have never seen such a thing.

Like I said I have shipped many boxes using the post offices (U.S. & Can.) over the past few years.

The little "soundless windchime" was made out of twigs!

Couldn't they have taken some care and put it flat at the bottom?

Maybe they had already broken it.

I am still getting candle wax off the belongings that were in there...good thing most of that box was just black iron candle holders.

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

*Sigh*

I know that feeling. Our estimated NOA2 date is now a full month later than it was the last time I looked.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

I just ate a jelly belly that tasted exactly like throw-up.

Well, look on the bright side, Krikit. You've just eaten something that breaks one of the fundamental laws of nature---the one that says everything tastes better on the way down than it does on the way back up.

Bets the question, though, who thought a puke-flavored candy would be a good idea????

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.