2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh me nerves...

:unsure:

I am just constantly surprised by the incompetence and ignorance of some individuals I deal with professionally.. Talking real life people here not VJ sheesh..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: Timeline
Oh me nerves...

I am just constantly surprised by the incompetence and ignorance of some individuals I deal with professionally.. Talking real life people here not VJ sheesh..

:lol: re vj sheesh.

I hear you about the incompetence and ignorance. Strangely enough, I'm constantly surprised by it too. You'd think I'd have learned to expect it by now. :huh: Actually, I thought you WERE talking about VJ sheesh, because I've been doing it myself these last few days. :blink:

iagree.gif

Timeline
Oh me nerves...

:lol: re vj sheesh.

I hear you about the incompetence and ignorance. Strangely enough, I'm constantly surprised by it too. You'd think I'd have learned to expect it by now. :huh: Actually, I thought you WERE talking about VJ sheesh, because I've been doing it myself these last few days. :blink:

Well the irritating part is THEY are so incompetent they are making ME look incompetent!! I actually followed up on something and i was told "I'm STILL WORKING ON IT".. they TOLD me to follow up with them today on it.. then they come back at me like I'm bugging them and of COURSE they didn't have enough time to complete the task.. Holy flip I'm going to have a breakdown.

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Well the irritating part is THEY are so incompetent they are making ME look incompetent!! I actually followed up on something and i was told "I'm STILL WORKING ON IT".. they TOLD me to follow up with them today on it.. then they come back at me like I'm bugging them and of COURSE they didn't have enough time to complete the task.. Holy flip I'm going to have a breakdown.

:protest:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Glad you are getting out of there Emancipation! I worked with a sociopath - she was the most annoying person I have ever worked with - and that is saying something. She lied, she manipulated - the list goes on.

In fact the job wasn't too awful because although it was full time, it paid well and I never had to go in to the office. But I had to quit because I couldn't stand working with her one more day.

Ah office life :)

Timeline

I've hated jobs, I have hated coworkers, I have hated the salary. Luckily I have never had all 3 at once. I have the patience of a mentally challenged badger on PCP.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Poor Emancipation...hang in there baby!

The worst worst are the passive aggressive types.

I worked with a woman once that made me cry ever day.

She was so manipulative and mean and a control freak and she pretended to be loving and caring...HA!!!

Fooled me for a little while and then I asked myself why I felt so horrible and sick to my stomach every time she was in (2 days a week).

Hmmm...

As for the "inside joke":

it was about the shower curtain selection that our sweet Liz was concerned about a while ago.

Her sweetie ended up just selecting a curtain liner until she was to arrive in their new home.

And yes, the tiles are super shiny! :D

And now, I MUST vent!!!

I mailed twelve boxes of my stuff.

Three have arrived...one each day.

They look like, hmm...have any of you seen the movie: Ace Ventura Pet Detective?

Remember that opening scene where he has a box with fragile written all over it and what he does to it.

Well I laughed so hard I cried..

But these are MY boxes.

They look like they have been put in a blender!! not to mention the contents: ripped, borken, cracked, in disarray.

Here check out the photos of one of them...the contents have been broken, and this particular box I am certain I have lost coins (not very valuable or anything, but still) and there is candle wax on everything, and everything was ripped and cracked.

I am so pissed off.

This will not go without a major fight between me the US postal service and the customs search that messed with things and did not repack it at all well.

boxdestroyed1b.jpg

boxdestroyed2b.jpg

boxdestroyed4b.jpg

boxdestroyed5b.jpg

boxdestroyed6b.jpg

The thing that made me really sad was that little thingie made from branches that a good (eclectic) friend from Galiano Is had made me: a soundless chime! I just loved it...sentimental value.

Obliterated!!!!

snif snif

I had packed everything so meticulously.

I have shipped many things over time: from Maine to BC, from BC to QC...this is the first time that things have arrived in this condition.

#######!!!

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

Oh my gosh!! Those boxes look like they've been stepped on by a herd of elephants..

I'm so sorry!! were they insured? HOLY FLIP.. they couldn't have been more negligent if they tried..

My "mailman" leaves all our parcels on the porch.. in full view of our entire street.. he SHOULD leave a card "sorry i tried to deliever but couldn't" but instead he throws them up on the porch..

Friggers

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh wow! Those boxes are

Sorry you lost some things of sentimental value.

I am not very happy with the post office right now either. I sent on package on Dec 20th and Canada Post has taken 2 weeks to get back to me!!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Awwww (((((Spirit))))). I'm so sorry. It really really hurts when your stuff gets broken during a move. Honestly, it's easier to deal with if you did it yourself. When it's through someone else's negligence it's just that much harder.

Hope your mail gets delivered, Sapphire! :thumbs:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What a mess!! I'm sorry your stuff got broken Spirit, what a shame, guess whomever was inspecting was in a bad mood that day, what is up with someone sending a package on like that. The shipper should at least take some care and ensure it's all ok and packed back correctly for shipping.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.