bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO WE WENT TO THE COURTHOUSE AND GOT WED SO NOW THEY CAN GO SUCK IT.

That made me snort coffee through my nose (an image I'm sure you all wanted to think about this early in the morning---or, not, as the case may be). Congratulations!

Here is my unrelated vent: I HAVE NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT DREAMT OF MY WEDDING DAY SINCE I WAS A LITTLE GIRL, DAMMIT!!! About the closest thing to a wedding I did dream of since fairly early in life was trekking through the Himelayas on my honeymoon. Of course, I have since learned that I am quite prone to altitude sickness from a trip through the Peruvian Andes 6 years ago, plus he won't have his AP yet, so we won't be doing that after all, but if I have to read that phrase one more time I may become psychotic.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I HATE looking for work..

And WHY is it so hard?

Geepers.. I miss my old network of people back in PEI.. There I KNEW where to look and who to talk to.. here I know no one.. This bites.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am on hold, to see if Husband's titre test is back. I held for 15 minutes originally, then thought they had forgotten me, so hung up and called back - now on 16.5 minutes this go round.

guess they are .... busy.

Timeline
I am on hold, to see if Husband's titre test is back. I held for 15 minutes originally, then thought they had forgotten me, so hung up and called back - now on 16.5 minutes this go round.

More gripping reports from being on hold.

I waited 23 minutes then called back, explained to her that I had been on hold for 45 minutes and that I wouldn't be bothering them except we need the results blah blah blah, she was controlled but rude and told me they were very busy.

Then she put me on hold :lol:

(said it should only be a minute or two) - going on 6 minutes this time.

Filed: Timeline

I waited 23 minutes then called back, explained to her that I had been on hold for 45 minutes and that I wouldn't be bothering them except we need the results blah blah blah, she was controlled but rude and told me they were very busy.

:lol: *commiserates*

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG going to barf. Every time I think about the interview my face goes numb.

Being on hold is one of my pet peeves so I am right there with you guys. I love companies who have to put you on hold like 15 times to update your address.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

the DMV finally issued me state Id..

but guess what. IT'S ONLY VALID FOR A MONTH AND 3 DAYS..

they used the date on the I-94 as my expiry date so apparently I have to do all this again in a few weeks

We spent 3 hrs today and an hour yesterday just to get the stupid card to find out at the end of it being issued that it was a complete waste of time!

Sigh.

So once I file, the NOA1 will get me another one that will be valid for a reasonable amount of time? SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS TRUE OF I MIGHT SCREAM.

good luck bradcanuck!

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Timeline

And ur drivers license wil only be valid for how ever long ur legally allowed to be here!! Pain in the butt! Luckliy it is prorated!! I forgot mine had expired, and drove around for over a month on an expired one!! Luckily the guy at the Liquor store noticed,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have noticed that a lot of people with the conditional green card get a DL that expires when the card does... but mine didn't and I still have a few years left on it... :unsure:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

varies from state to state!! Im in VA, so is Liz.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

the DMV finally issued me state Id..

but guess what. IT'S ONLY VALID FOR A MONTH AND 3 DAYS..

they used the date on the I-94 as my expiry date so apparently I have to do all this again in a few weeks

We spent 3 hrs today and an hour yesterday just to get the stupid card to find out at the end of it being issued that it was a complete waste of time!

Sigh.

So once I file, the NOA1 will get me another one that will be valid for a reasonable amount of time? SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS TRUE OF I MIGHT SCREAM.

good luck bradcanuck!

It will also only be good for a year from the date that your NOA1 was issued. My NOA1 was issued on April 16, 2007, and my VA licence expires on April 16, 2008.

Same will happen when you get your green card. When your licence expires, it will expire 2 years from when it was issued. So my GC was June 19, 2007...my VA licence (when I get the new one in April) will expire on June 19, 2009.

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Timeline

Anyone interested in a follow up to the titre test story - I knowww you are.

So Husband goes to the clinic tonight to pick up the results. The woman did finally talk to me today after I had been on hold for around 50-55 minutes. She looked at it and mumbled as she was reading it and she said 'yes, all looks fine, the Dr. has looked at it'.

I said, well - yes, it's just for immunity so that's good blah blah blah, can he come and pick up a copy tonight. She said 'yes, as long as he does it before 8:00'. All good.....

So he gets there - A. It can only be 'released' by the Dr. who ordered it and he isn't in tonight and B. The results aren't back yet anyway. WHAT!!

So he can go back tomorrow (I think that will be visit 6?) at 8:45 am and they will call the lab.

Some people are expected to show up for work occasionally. whatever. I now realize that when I was talking to her (and she obviously wasn't listening), that she was only looking at the request - not the returned test)

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline
Anyone interested in a follow up to the titre test story - I knowww you are.

So Husband goes to the clinic tonight to pick up the results. The woman did finally talk to me today after I had been on hold for around 50-55 minutes. She looked at it and mumbled as she was reading it and she said 'yes, all looks fine, the Dr. has looked at it'.

I said, well - yes, it's just for immunity so that's good blah blah blah, can he come and pick up a copy tonight. She said 'yes, as long as he does it before 8:00'. All good.....

So he gets there - A. It can only be 'released' by the Dr. who ordered it and he isn't in tonight and B. The results aren't back yet anyway. WHAT!!

So he can go back tomorrow (I think that will be visit 6?) at 8:45 am and they will call the lab.

Some people are expected to show up for work occasionally. whatever. I now realize that when I was talking to her (and she obviously wasn't listening), that she was only looking at the request - not the returned test)

For the love of God. :blink:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.