bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
My 2 year old grandson was just diagnosed with leukemia. :crying:

I'm with Spirit on this one, way too much sadness at the end of the year.

Delicia, I wish there was some words to provide succour at a time like this but there are none. All we can hope is for spontaneous remission. *Willing a positive outcome for your grandson's treatments* Please keep us posted.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A vent:

Okay so I remembered at the consulate to write down my tracking number from the envelope.

And I checked today on line

No such number exists.

One of two reasons: dyslexia got me...although I did double check.

They didn't mail it yet.

It has been a week!

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
A vent:

Okay so I remembered at the consulate to write down my tracking number from the envelope.

No such number exists.

They didn't mail it yet.

It has been a week!

That does seem like a long time. It will probably miraculously appear on Monday!

Husband has dropped by the walk in clinic 3 times now to get the titre request. First 2 times there were too many people waiting. Tonight he decided to go in anyway - was told the wait would be 3 hours, so he left again.

A vent:

No such number exists.

They didn't mail it yet.

It has been a week!

That does seem like a long time. It will probably miraculously appear on Monday!

Husband has dropped by the walk in clinic 3 times now to get the titre request. First 2 times there were too many people waiting. Tonight he decided to go in anyway - was told the wait would be 3 hours, so he left again.

Thanks Trailmix.

I would like it before the end of next week.

Ha!

As for waiting: IT SUCKS! :hehe:

And especially in line.

They should make appointments...wait, what am I thinking?

That would be humane.

Bah!

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:crying: This world confuses me.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Timeline
A vent:

No such number exists.

They didn't mail it yet.

It has been a week!

Thanks Trailmix.

I would like it before the end of next week.

Ha!

As for waiting: IT SUCKS! :hehe:

And especially in line.

They should make appointments...wait, what am I thinking?

That would be humane.

Bah!

Celerity? From the Montreal Consulate? :lol: They abhor doling out the visas, in fact they prefer indolence. :lol:

*Focussing all mind power to force lazy bureaucrats to mail envelope to Spirit post haste*

1-towork.gif

IR5

Timeline

:crying: This world confuses me.

Sometimes there appears to be no rhyme or reason in the way things play out. There's no point in trying to figure it out, only cope. Said Hamlet to Horatio, "there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

IR5

Timeline

In the spirit of the new year (not really but I thought I would throw that in there), my Husband has again gone to the clinic to try and get the titre sheet and possibly a few vaccinations while he is there (chicken pox and TD).

He attempted to go to the clinic last night as he got off work early, but they closed at 12:30 (that was visit 4).

So he is arriving at the opening time today of 10:00, hopefully everyone else is enjoying a New Year's breakfast.

So let's hope he actually gets to see someone on visit 5!

Timeline
In the spirit of the new year (not really but I thought I would throw that in there), my Husband has again gone to the clinic to try and get the titre sheet and possibly a few vaccinations while he is there (chicken pox and TD).

He attempted to go to the clinic last night as he got off work early, but they closed at 12:30 (that was visit 4).

So he is arriving at the opening time today of 10:00, hopefully everyone else is enjoying a New Year's breakfast.

He got in wooo hoooo!

He is none to happy as apparently the clinic is not the nicest place. Besides the snivelling woman nearby, he didn't realize he was sitting beside the television, which was turned on after he sat down. Loud loud and tuned to the health network, so the constant drone of the BS that all those lovely commercials are. The most memorable was the hearing loss one apparently, which he could hear when he was in another room with the door closed (guess his hearing is A-OK).

He couldn't get a TD or Chicken Pox vaccination - but he can go back tomorrow for them - the person who normally does them isn't in today :huh:

The Piece de resistance was that the Doctor didn't know what a titre test is :lol:

Husband had to explain it to him - then the Dr goes - 'oh, so you want to check for immunity'. :lol:

Timeline

He got in wooo hoooo!

He is none to happy as apparently the clinic is not the nicest place. Besides the snivelling woman nearby, he didn't realize he was sitting beside the television, which was turned on after he sat down. Loud loud and tuned to the health network, so the constant drone of the BS that all those lovely commercials are. The most memorable was the hearing loss one apparently, which he could hear when he was in another room with the door closed (guess his hearing is A-OK).

He couldn't get a TD or Chicken Pox vaccination - but he can go back tomorrow for them - the person who normally does them isn't in today :huh:

The Piece de resistance was that the Doctor didn't know what a titre test is :lol:

Husband had to explain it to him - then the Dr goes - 'oh, so you want to check for immunity'. :lol:

Was his diploma written in crayon by any chance? :lol: Probably refers to immunoglobulins as iggies. :lol: Good thing DH didn't get a prostate exam. :lol::lol:

IR5

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

He got in wooo hoooo!

Did you by any chance hear Bill Engvall inside your mind saying "Here's your sign" as your husband told you this? :lol:

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

He got in wooo hoooo!

Did you by any chance hear Bill Engvall inside your mind saying "Here's your sign" as your husband told you this? :lol:

I believe Trailmix said DH went to Doctor Larry, The Medical Guy. :lol:

IR5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.