bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Just got our Virginia State tax refund in the mail yesterday!! lol But they did give us $9 in interest!!

:lol: We actually owed a little VA tax so that wasn't an issue for us.

And yes, the Canadian government better be forking over the interest too!

I've always had the Canadian government forking over the interest. I don't think you have to worry there. Hope you hear something soon!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Vent for the day:

If anyone repeats the following to me today, I will go homicidal:

q: "Oooooooh.... so you're from Mexico?!?!?!" (looking @ me as if I had 3 legs)

a: Yes.

q: "Oooooooh..... I've been to Cancun"

a: Hmmm... (as in: if you think that's all there is to my country, more power to you)

q: "Ooooooh.... but you ARE LEGAL RIGHT????"

a: "No, actually I crossed swimming" OR (Bren's favourite) "Yes, my husband bought me from my parents for 100 USD so I could come and perform sexual favours for him and his buddies"

q: "So you WILL teach Spanish for a living right?????"

a: Uh-oh.... don't know.... maybe I could do that.... or become a stripper (wait, I'm too old for being an exotic athlete), or make use of my graduate degrees, what would you recomend?" to which people usually take offense and give me "the look".- FKKKKK THEM.

ARGHHHHHHH. God Bless Mercer Island :whistle:

End of vent.

Edited by Len_and_Bren

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

damn, that Bren is a nice guy!! Those crazy canucks always sharing!! lol

Edited by flames9

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Vent for the day:

a: Hmmm... (as in: if you think that's all there is to my country, more power to you)

a: "No, actually I crossed swimming" OR (Bren's favourite) "Yes, my husband bought me from my parents for 100 USD so I could come legally to perform sexual favours for him and his buddies"

a: Uh-oh.... don't know.... maybe I could do that.... or become a stripper (wait, I'm too old for being an exotic athlete), or make use of my graduate degrees, what would you recomend?

End of vent.

:bonk:

HOLY FLIPPING NORAH LEN!!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
Vent for the day:

a: "No, actually I crossed swimming" OR (Bren's favourite) "Yes, my husband bought me from my parents for 100 USD so I could come and perform sexual favours for him and his buddies"

a: Uh-oh.... don't know.... maybe I could do that.... or become a stripper (wait, I'm too old for being an exotic athlete), or make use of my graduate degrees, what would you recomend?" to which people usually take offense and give me "the look".- FKKKKK THEM.

End of vent.

lol

anddd omg.

Timeline
damn, that Bren is a nice guy!! Those crazy canucks always sharing!! lol

Bren is the USC dahlinnnn.... and he keeps asking when will my dad give him the dowry LOL

Well, in that case, you must be a super strong swimmer!! Missed USA all together,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

That's all I can say right now. I am just plain angry.

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Vent for the day:

End of vent.

Man, how frustrating...

I've gotten this before... many many times over my entire life. And yes, I actually did buy that bag too: www.algstore.com

:P

Edited by misa

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Man, how frustrating...

I've gotten this before... many many times over my entire life. And yes, I actually did buy that bag too: www.algstore.com

misa, you are my hero. My sentiments exactly. :lol:

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I *knew* you could related to that one! :P (and you should get that bag too)

If I'm ever in Philly we could be like VJ twins with the same bag. :P

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Man, how frustrating...

I'm feeling better already :thumbs:

I just know I am fed up with people's prejudices and assumptions --- It takes all my freaking patience not to lash out.- Breathe in, breathe out.

Timeline

I am not latin, I am nowhere near spanish in any form... but even I am sick of americans calling every immigrant or dark person "mexican" like it is an insult.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Timeline

ugh I really have always wanted to get along with my mother in law and break that whole monster in law stereotype.

but the woman is testing every bit of me.

For the first few months she was great, but lately her true colours have started to show.

1. She came to our wedding yesterday and looked like she was walking into a funeral, she gave us dirty looks about our head gear, and then at our "celebratory" dinner later told us it was awkward and she wished she had never shown up. Gee thanks lady!

2. She is constantly trying to diagnose my son as ADD. Even though his teacher doesnt think he is. I think ADD is one of the most misdiagnosed disorders. And even if he was ADD, I refuse to medicate him. But he seems like a normal child to me. Just a busy boy. He is able to sit and focus when he wants to. The other night she told Mike that he was a terrible parental figure because we're not helping my son with his ADD.

I have come to the conclusion that this woman is a probable hypochondriac and is probably projecting her illness onto other people. Meaning every single child who doesn't adhere to her view of what a child should be, is obviously suffering from ADD.

Both of her kids were tapped onto Ritalin by the age of 8. She disagrees with my method of natural parenting, I disagree with her way of medicating each abnormality in the developing brain of a child.

I don't think we will ever meet in the middle, but it would be nice if she just kept her little thoughts to herself.

She is a special education teacher but doesn't have the qualifications to diagnose anyone. I think what she is doing is unethical and kind of rude.

Donne moi une poptart!

ugh I really have always wanted to get along with my mother in law and break that whole monster in law stereotype.

but the woman is testing every bit of me.

For the first few months she was great, but lately her true colours have started to show.

1. She came to our wedding yesterday and looked like she was walking into a funeral, she gave us dirty looks about our head gear, and then at our "celebratory" dinner later told us it was awkward and she wished she had never shown up. Gee thanks lady!

2. She is constantly trying to diagnose my son as ADD. Even though his teacher doesnt think he is. I think ADD is one of the most misdiagnosed disorders. And even if he was ADD, I refuse to medicate him. But he seems like a normal child to me. Just a busy boy. He is able to sit and focus when he wants to. The other night she told Mike that he was a terrible parental figure because we're not helping my son with his ADD.

I have come to the conclusion that this woman is a probable hypochondriac and is probably projecting her illness onto other people. Meaning every single child who doesn't adhere to her view of what a child should be, is obviously suffering from ADD.

Both of her kids were tapped onto Ritalin by the age of 8. She disagrees with my method of natural parenting, I disagree with her way of medicating each abnormality in the developing brain of a child.

I don't think we will ever meet in the middle, but it would be nice if she just kept her little thoughts to herself.

She is a special education teacher but doesn't have the qualifications to diagnose anyone. I think what she is doing is unethical and kind of rude.

Stand your ground sister --- she can be God, but your kids are still your kids and you raise them as you see fit (whether I or anyone else agrees is really not an issue here). She can do/say/think whatever she likes, as long as you set boundaries and present a common front with your husband!

As per the wedding comment: WHAT A FKIN BIIIITCH. No more, no less than that.

Cheer up, we luvyah.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.