The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
OMG I am soooo curious:

Who here has heard of, or better yet met, a feminist man??

You'd be surprised sister. When I taught Women Studies, there were a couple of dudes in the class that were actually more excited about it than the rest of the students. Also, a lot of theorists have emerged claiming the inclusion of the term "gender studies" -- most of them are doing amazing work actually (example: R.W. Connell).

ok, enough nerdiness.

Edited by Len_and_Bren

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
OMG I am soooo curious:

You'd be surprised sister. When I taught Women Studies, there were a couple of dudes in the class that were actually more excited about it than the rest of the students. Also, a lot of theorists have emerged claiming the inclusion of the term "gender studies" -- most of them are doing amazing work actually (example: R.W. Connell).

ok, enough nerdiness.

I got an "A" in Women's Studies (that's true). :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

OMG I am soooo curious:

ok, enough nerdiness.

I got an "A" in Women's Studies (that's true). :lol:

Not from me you did not - chances are I would have failed you miserably and relished in your sadness - me, being a b!tch and all ;)

Oh thankgodd for all of you.

I swear I thought the world I live in (my well chosen friends and I) were some of the very rare people that understood this.

I think I am marrying the wrong man. ;)

He laughed when I asked him if he was a feminist back when we were first getting to know each other.

He knows what it is now....although I would have to ask him if he believes he is one.

Please stand by...

:lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a button for years that says that:

this is what a feminist looks like

They loved in it Vancouver.

Didn't appreciate it in Greece.

Go figure. Hahaha.

I haven't worn it in a 5 years I think.

Maybe I will find it for conversation sake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An A in women's studies...nice figures??

Hee hee.

Actually, I believe it Mumsie.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
OMG I am soooo curious:

ok, enough nerdiness.

I got an "A" in Women's Studies (that's true).

Not from me you did not - chances are I would have failed you miserably and relished in your sadness - me, being a b!tch and all

Thanks, but I do a pretty good job of making myself miserable. :lol::lol::lol:

Oh thankgodd for all of you.

I swear I thought the world I live in (my well chosen friends and I) were some of the very rare people that understood this.

I think I am marrying the wrong man. ;)

He laughed when I asked him if he was a feminist back when we were first getting to know each other.

He knows what it is now....although I would have to ask him if he believes he is one.

Please stand by...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a button for years that says that:

this is what a feminist looks like

They loved in it Vancouver.

Didn't appreciate it in Greece.

Go figure. Hahaha.

I haven't worn it in a 5 years I think.

Maybe I will find it for conversation sake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An A in women's studies...nice figures??

Hee hee.

Actually, I believe it Mumsie.

I also got an "A" in human sexuality and boy was I relieved that there wasn't a practical exam (I'll bet not half as much as the females in the class :lol: ).

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

I also got an "A" in human sexuality and boy was I relieved that there wasn't a practical exam (I'll bet not half as much as the females in the class :lol: ).

OMG!!! Bahaha.

I thought I was the only person that had even heard of this course.

I took it in CEGEP in Montreal as an elective...so young all of us, we were red-faced half the time in class.

The demonstrative videos!!!

Other kids would stand at the door's window and watch from there.

The best was congregating before an exam in the caf and being a little too loud all of us with the terminology and stuff we were going over.

:D (picture red cheeks on this emoticon)

I never brought the text book home.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

IF I SEE ANOTHER POST ABOUT I-693A'S AND INCORRECT RESPONSES I AM GOING TO....

LOSE....

MY....

MIND....!!!!

There. I'm feeling better now.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Hi Len (F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi Len (F)

I just called the NVC re Husband's interview. After hearing this:

Thank you for calling, our staff is working hard to take your call next, when we return to the line, please let us know how we may serve you

All of our operators are still busy, we apologize for the delay, please hold and we will answer your call as soon as possible, thank you for your patience

We appreciate your patience while waiting, and assure you assistance is just a moment away, your call is very important to us and we look forward to speaking with youuu (this is my favorite).

We know your time is valuable, thank you for holding

Because of the personal attention given every caller, you may experience a brief delay, please remain on the line a representative will assist you momentarily.

I got an operator who read to me from a card or something, how the interviews are scheduled in the 2nd week of the month for the next month blah blah blah and how he isn't scheduled for December, honestly when she started reading I just zoned out.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The nice "hardworkers" at MTL neglected to send my visa off half of Thursday, all of Friday, and Monday as well, so as of yesterday, my passport is still only sitting at the Post Office in Montreal. This means that the 12 days I'm sitting here in snow-land waiting for my visa before I hop a plane back to my husband in NC may still not be enough, and if I have to change my plane ticket, I'm going to snap!

I'm becoming Obsessive-Compulsive just checking the Canada Post tracker every ten minutes to see if my visa has left Montreal yet. I can't wait until all this is finally over so I can surgically detach myself from the computer screen :blink:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Uh oh----- never mind, i read your pin-this-up suggestion to Ewok. :thumbs: sister!

Yeah. :blush: I had a mini meltdown after seeing post upon post, day after day, regarding the same question, in the AOS Forum. I mean, literally, they were piled on top of each other.... a minimum of five per day. Why people can't take a browse through the forum before posting the exact same question, I'll never know. I couldn't take it no more. post-21394-1197471196.gif (Bad grammar intended.)

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.