bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Yeah, I know that Laura and Len have been saying stinky this and stinky that...but I have no idea what it means?? haha I must be out of the loop I guess. :blink:

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Yeah, I know that Laura and Len have been saying stinky this and stinky that...but I have no idea what it means?? haha I must be out of the loop I guess. :blink:

Carla (F)

It is ALL Laura's fault. She said in one thread "Len, you stink (F) " and it became the gift that just keeps on giving, he he. Check out our Facebook you're-stinky-you're-old wars - quite funny.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I hate my life right now......

i love my hubby and that is perfect.. but the rest of it.. sucks..

I should be more "up".. it's flipping Christmas, but I'm just really really discouraged right now..

I am appalled at my work environment and I am really anxious about the lack of resources this close to the Holidays... This is a crappy time of year for this toxic mix of bad luck, terrible management and lack of opportunities.

Yep hate is a very strong word, and unfortunately the situation warranted it this am..

Had another talk with hubby at lunch.. he's making sense again to me.. *ha ha*.. I will be very grateful for the weekend..

Thanks for the encouraging words guys.. tomorrow is a new day.. albeit my outlook on it still sucks :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Well. I confess I miss Canada. Specially the health care system :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:.

I miss Second Cup, Whyte Avenue and fries with gravy (I have been chastised by my mamma in law when she saw me making a poutine: she almost pukked the poor lady). All fine and good.

NO.

I sent Alberta Pension Plan my "gimme-mah-money" notice ONE MONTH AGO. I call today to figure out ####### is going on and uh-oh.... I "might" get my refund END OF DECEMBER. :ranting::angry:

I am not pleased... AT FKING ALL. :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest:

***end of rant***

Timeline

They are shutting down my office after 6 snowflakes have fallen here in CT.. whimpy Yankies!!

Uh.. wait.. this is not a rant.. it's the weekend and we get to go home EARLY! :dance::dance:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Wait a minute---all this talk of stinkiness and I can't smell anything!!! I have a cold!!!!

Len, my honey-man is in Edmonton. Does it help for me to tell you they've been having highs of -17C there for the past two weeks?

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

I hate my life right now......

i love my hubby and that is perfect.. but the rest of it.. sucks..

I should be more "up".. it's flipping Christmas, but I'm just really really discouraged right now..

I am appalled at my work environment and I am really anxious about the lack of resources this close to the Holidays... This is a crappy time of year for this toxic mix of bad luck, terrible management and lack of opportunities.

Awww sweetie, you are definitely in my thoughts. Hope it gets better soon.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

My rant for today:

hubby injured his back on Monday (of course, not AT work ...no, that would be too easy ...Workman's Comp and all ... unfortunately, he fell on some ice when leaving the house). He has been in such pain and unable to walk. His job is a carpenter, which has meant that he has been unable to work all week. He saw a doctor who diagnosed a herniated disc, gave meds and exercises which haven't helped. He was able to get in with a chiropractor today, but is still miserable. And since he didn't work all week, he gets NO paycheck .... which is REALLY stressing me out. We are trying to save a lot of money because I will have to take unpaid maternity leave. AAAH!!!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline
My rant for today:

hubby injured his back on Monday (of course, not AT work ...no, that would be too easy ...Workman's Comp and all ... unfortunately, he fell on some ice when leaving the house). He has been in such pain and unable to walk. His job is a carpenter, which has meant that he has been unable to work all week. He saw a doctor who diagnosed a herniated disc, gave meds and exercises which haven't helped. He was able to get in with a chiropractor today, but is still miserable. And since he didn't work all week, he gets NO paycheck .... which is REALLY stressing me out. We are trying to save a lot of money because I will have to take unpaid maternity leave. AAAH!!!

Awe.. that's so terrible girlie.. that must be so frustrating for you both!! UGH.. perhaps an accupunturist could help with the pain? I know they helped me when I had a chronic chest injury (LONG story that one).. at least if he's in pain.. that might be something to try..

My thoughts go your way.. stress at this time of year is not so good.

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

I've basically had it with stupid American bureaucracy. I feel bad for being so frustrated because I love some aspects of living here, but other aspects have me so flippin' angry and upset that it just makes me forget about how happy I am to be here with Bee. After a looooooong day at SSA today with Bee which resulted in "well we need to verify your documents again", I started bawling in the car.

Pluck this hairy animal tripe -_-

Michelle, I'm sorry about your job. Knock some heads around, maybe that'll help sort things out. *hugs*

And autumnchik! Unpaid maternity leave? :( I don't have a job, are you hiring anyone to massage your feet because I give gud feet rubsies. :D

Edited by Nini & Bee

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Wait a minute---all this talk of stinkiness and I can't smell anything!!! I have a cold!!!!

Len, my honey-man is in Edmonton. Does it help for me to tell you they've been having highs of -17C there for the past two weeks?

It most certainly make me feel better sister.... I am walking around in high heels and a very cool skirt + silk blouse + shawl & looking like a million Euros.... in Deadmonton I would be encased in my Frostine-the-Creepy-Snowgirl outfit!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :thumbs:

I've basically had it with stupid American bureaucracy. I feel bad for being so frustrated because I love some aspects of living here, but other aspects have me so flippin' angry and upset that it just makes me forget about how happy I am to be here with Bee. After a looooooong day at SSA today with Bee which resulted in "well we need to verify your documents again", I started bawling in the car.

Sweetie pie, I am so sorry. Tell me who has to be disposed of and I'll talk to my people..... :devil:

What is all this stuff about "stinky"??? :blink::wacko:

Carla (F)

Len and Laura stink, it's pretty well known now :hehe:

HEY! ONLY Laura stinks :ph34r: .... I'm just elderly at 36 :unsure:

well that's not what laura says.... :innocent: - where is that trouble maker anyway

Probably stinking somewhere else.... :ph34r:

I was at work and you guys were sitting here all day talking about me...uh huh...you love me. :blush:

36 :lol: you WISH!

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

I was at work and you guys were sitting here all day talking about me...uh huh...you love me. :blush:

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: #######??????????????????? I am so very much 36 missssyyyyyyy.- remember FB?????????????

Ok, now I feel attacked, unloved and will cry. :crying: AND put you on ignore and rat you out to the mods and whatever else moronic ideas I can come up with.

You're not my friend a-n-y-m-o-r-e. :P

Thanks for the giggles all of you.

Mucho grande love to yous all (was that English???).

(L) (L) (F)(L) (L)

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: #######??????????????????? I am so very much 36 missssyyyyyyy.- remember FB?????????????

Ok, now I feel attacked, unloved and will cry. :crying: AND put you on ignore and rat you out to the mods and whatever else moronic ideas I can come up with.

You're not my friend a-n-y-m-o-r-e. :P

ruh roh, she's spelling out stuff now :o

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.