bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Brutally honest is hard for me Spirit, but I'm trying. I've been exercising like crazy lately and I finally threw in the towel yesterday, realizing that if I really pushed myself that hard I was only going to get worse. ~sighs~ I feel like a blob though.

treble- I had a bit of a fever yesterday and a sore throat. Today it's much better though, feels like it's moved into my head...what a headache! I'll keep an eye on it though, making sure that if it gets worse to take care of it. I'd much rather not go to the doctor, but if I absolutely have to, I will manage to get my butt there! I'm really trying hard not to stress about the whole thing.

E- I love your mantra. I'll try it, although, hubby doesn't want much of anything to do with the wedding! He just can't wait for it to be over, and I must say, I'm beginning to feel that way too right about now.

Spirit- I've been meaning to buy that book. Hopefully someday soon. Those all sound like me. Right now, because it's pretty much a DIY wedding, it's all about creativity. I've stifled it for so long that I'm not doing so well when it comes to being creative. I feel like I'm terrible at everything! Thanks for those affirmations! I'll try them.

Okay, so I guess this sickness might be a direct reflection about how I'm feeling about myself. ~sighs~ It's time to get back on the positivity train and tell myself that I love myself!

Edited by TheATeam

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Oh as well as E's mantra, add this one too:

Be gentle with yourself.

(I do wish I could take my own advice...hee hee.)

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh I just got into a argument with a parent about my son. I literally get out of my car and this huuuge lady with like 3 teeth in her mouth comes running at me cursing and telling me she's tired of my son hurting her son. Yet every witness says her son tripped over a stick and fell down.

I am not one of those parents who thinks my son sh1ts rainbows. I know where he goes wrong and I know when he's lying and he honestly wouldn't just push someone, he's not violent at all. He wouldn't push a 4 year old child.

So she walks away before I can even say anything and I get the other side of the story from everyone else. Including the fact that she told my son she was going to kick his ###.

So I have to walk over to her place and I tell her that threatening him isn't going to make the situation better, that if she has a problem to come to me. I tried to tell her to calm down and she wouldn't and I went on to tell her what my son said and she looks at my son and says: "LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!"

I just looked at her and said: "Okay this conversation isn't going anywhere, you're far too immature to even discuss the situation."

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
:o

:blink:

OMG, Sprailenes. Where the hell do you live? :lol:

We live in Mount Laurel, its a nice neighborhood. I don't know, you always get these problems with other kids parents no matter where you live.

I reckon this lady is a Piney though from Pine Barrens.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I thought liar liar pants on fire was an acceptable comeback!! lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

dang some ppl when i read the part were she starts the liar liar thing i'm like ok she just didnt do that did she omg

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Yea I was pretty floored, I should have did the "circle circle dot dot now I got my cootie shot" back to her.

I mean what are we 12?

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

That lady has Pine Barrens, SouthJersey, written all over her. :lol:

That happened to my brother when he was little. This terrible, old witch of a lady kept on screaming at my mother after school that a kid she was babysitting was being beaten up by my brother. My brother was no angel,b ut this kid's track record at school was SUPER bad and he was a total trouble maker. My brother was just a little hyper active. My mum basically told the lady to shut her pie hole and if the kids ACTUAL mother wanted to come talk to her, than that would be a start. Never happened. She just wanted to stick her nose in.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

:girlwerewolf2xn:

my hubby is driving me crazy... last week he looked me in the eye and said, "this is my last pack of smokes"... a few days later he buys a new pack :blink: and then today while he was waiting for his dad to pick him up he asks me if I have any cash and I ask, "why do you need cash?" and he is like, "oh, um in case I want to buy something" and I ask, "why not just be honest and say you want to buy a pack of smokes" and he said, "yeah" :P and then he said, "this is the last pack I swear" :rolleyes:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

my hubby is driving me crazy... last week he looked me in the eye and said, "this is my last pack of smokes"... a few days later he buys a new pack :blink: and then today while he was waiting for his dad to pick him up he asks me if I have any cash and I ask, "why do you need cash?" and he is like, "oh, um in case I want to buy something" and I ask, "why not just be honest and say you want to buy a pack of smokes" and he said, "yeah" :P and then he said, "this is the last pack I swear" :rolleyes:

Hey Marilyn,

If he really wants to quit, has he look into smoking cessation program? States and usually health insurance provides those at no cost. Maybe that is all he needs: a little push.

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Marilyn,

If he really wants to quit, has he look into smoking cessation program? States and usually health insurance provides those at no cost. Maybe that is all he needs: a little push.

he says he really wants to quit but his problem is that he is around too many people that smoke.. like at work and his family...

his brother gave him some off that gum but my hubby didn't try it.... his brother still smokes too.. he tried to quit and failed :P

i try not to bug him about quitting smoking but sometimes he smokes in the car that we both share and I have made it very clear to him that if he wants to smoke he can't smoke in the car.. so it kind of annoys me when he does smoke in the car

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

What about trying the nicotine patch? That worked for my mother who was a lifelong smoker. Unfortunately, by then the damage had been done and her lungs permanently damaged.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.