bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would email him and politely ask that he do what he has to do, so u can get ur funds!!! He may just have forgotten! I would say something along the lines that you tracked the package and noticed it has arrived at the destination (so he can't deny it) blah blah kick ur butt,blah blah, hunt ur ^%%&&* down, blah blah, thank you

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
blah blah kick ur butt,blah blah, hunt ur ^%%&&* down, blah blah, thank you

:rofl: Ah Flames.. this is classic...

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I would email him and politely ask that he do what he has to do, so u can get ur funds!!! He may just have forgotten! I would say something along the lines that you tracked the package and noticed it has arrived at the destination (so he can't deny it) blah blah kick ur butt,blah blah, hunt ur ^%%&&* down, blah blah, thank you

:lol: I should copy and paste that and send it to him

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I double dog dare you!! :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

I double dog dare you!! :)

nah, I am too chicken :lol: I just sent him a nice polite email....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Ugh my husband has re-friended an old highschool friend. Which is fine, except my husband has told me stories about how this guy made fun of native americans and how he's a racist hick and stuff.

I don't get why he would allow someone like that back in his life, but it makes me uncomfortable.

And yes I have told him. And the response I got was: "why are you so concerned?"

Hmm maybe because I could possibly become the base for his 'hickish injun' jokes. Just a wild guess. ;)

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would hope ur husband would put a quick halt to any of that non sense if it came up!! maybe the guy has changed!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

maybe he will meet you and realize he was stupid for being so racist....

in my humble opinion most people who are racist don't really know the people they are racist about...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Hubby has a friend who's a loud mouth. I can't stand the guy - he's got a big mouth, he acts like he's the big shot, he's got a potty mouth, and he says things to his girlfriend that REALLY grate on me. Hubby (who is COMPLETELY a different person) "gets" him somehow and they have this friendship that goes "way back"..

The last time the 2 couples got together I really "had it".. they did my head in.. so now hubby has decided to do things with his friend on "guys night" kind of situations only. it's too hard on me, and the guy just grates on me the wrong way. Thankfully for me they live in another state.. so the interaction isn't ongoing.

How close is this HS buddy- and how often does your hubby want to hang out with him?

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

I dont think I will meet this guy, its quite alright.

He likes four wheelers and semi automatics, something tells me he probably hasn't changed all that much.

:lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Hubby has a friend who's a loud mouth. I can't stand the guy - he's got a big mouth, he acts like he's the big shot, he's got a potty mouth, and he says things to his girlfriend that REALLY grate on me. Hubby (who is COMPLETELY a different person) "gets" him somehow and they have this friendship that goes "way back"..

The last time the 2 couples got together I really "had it".. they did my head in.. so now hubby has decided to do things with his friend on "guys night" kind of situations only. it's too hard on me, and the guy just grates on me the wrong way. Thankfully for me they live in another state.. so the interaction isn't ongoing.

How close is this HS buddy- and how often does your hubby want to hang out with him?

They're not close as of yet, just rekindled friendship on facebook, but I think they're all planning a get together. They can go ahead and do that I just won't be there.

*cough*Stillbugsmethatmyhusbandisbacktobeingfriendswithsuchaguy*cough* but oh well.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Oh and for the past two months when mother nature visits me, I get a cold sore! So two weeks out of every month I am nursing a giant viral growth and even abreva isn't doing what its supposed to do.

IT SUCKS!

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I dont know what the point of moving out was when my husband still runs to his mom for everything. The other day I tried to make hotel reservations for us for a wedding next weekend in CT and he told me not to bother. Then I come home and find out that he has asked him mom to make the reservations.

It really makes me feel like an idiot. Things like this have been happening since we've moved out.

Maybe he should have married his mom.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I dont know what the point of moving out was when my husband still runs to his mom for everything. The other day I tried to make hotel reservations for us for a wedding next weekend in CT and he told me not to bother. Then I come home and find out that he has asked him mom to make the reservations.

It really makes me feel like an idiot. Things like this have been happening since we've moved out.

Maybe he should have married his mom.

Coming to CT??? HUH? When??? We live in CT :) YEAHH!!!!!!

*in other news.. "loverboy" has decided to take his new bride to a "hostel" for their honey moon.. oh yes it's true people.. they are moving to TO and he's got no place to live - so he thinks they'll just live in a hostel for while :blink:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

Near Hartford...why? You feel like crashing a wedding? ;)

I am sure if you guys show up after the dinner no one would notice, its an open bar. Come on! :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.