bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
My vent is that apparently I am clueless because I have missed any drama in the Canada forum. I guess I have been so caught up in my own woes that I haven't been reading this forum as much.

Mephys, I better not be on your ignore list! LOL :)

Come think about it.... either it is the dude who will run to the US and don't pay his Canadian creditors or I missed it too.... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vent is that apparently I am clueless because I have missed any drama in the Canada forum. I guess I have been so caught up in my own woes that I haven't been reading this forum as much.

wow. such a long time, and no response from Mephys!!! :crying:

I'm devastated :( Apparently, it is me who Mephys wants to ignore. SOB SOB!!!

Nope :no: It's not you :P

Sorry about the delay, I just went kill myself at a gigantic 3 stories IKEA for about 4 hours....my husband is sick so I didn't want to drag him around, but I needed some big boxes and took me forever to find my way around in there.....Montreal's IKEA is nothing compared to that one!!!

I am remodeling the kids bedroom so they can have more room to play :)

Come think about it.... either it is the dude who will run to the US and don't pay his Canadian creditors or I missed it too.... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Not even close :devil:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

minor vent...

so hubby told me last week that on Wednesdays at work they have to stay a little longer because they are going to have this class.....

I guess they found out today that they aren't going to get paid for it but they are going to get pizza :P They have been having this little class during the meetings on Wednesday mornings but I guess the boss didn't like that they were essentially getting paid to take this class :blink:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

My vent is that a company I applied to sends me through three interviews, then the VP tells me he wants me to speak with the guy who's leaving the position and then I find out today that someone else also applying for the same position (there were 2 roles to be filled) is now also competing for MY position! :angry:

Sorry if that makes not much sense. I find out their decision Thursday. I just am irked because the sales manager was really wanting to hire me but the VP is the guy that I'd be working under and it's now turned into a coin flip between me and some other person.

Our teeny timeline:

Jan 23 '08 ~ met online

Mar '08 ~ 1st visit to Vancouver

May '08 ~ 2nd visit to Vancouver

Jun 08 ~ plans to move to the west coast!

Aug 8 08 ~ he moves to Bellingham

current ~ many trips back and forth across the border...

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Vent on:

GRRRR. I'm home for the next two days. Dr. says I can't go back to work til Friday. This darn asthma is about to kick my hiney! We are doing state standardised testing this week...I NEED to be at work. Of course he did give me an option...he said I could "teach" from my hospital bed. It's so hard to get caught up when missing more than one day. Not sure what all brought it on but it culminated with a bad asthma attack on Monday night - hence the two days off. I guess this explains why I've felt like crud for the last couple weeks.

Vent off.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Dear Marylin, Brown Eyes and KarenCee,

I'm sorry to hear, mostly about your health KC.

Men can cook and/or learn and they need to be aware that they need to extend that to their partners too! Hmph!!!

I was so spoilt before meeting my current, non-cooking partner. All the men in my life love(d) to cook and made elaborate meals.

My man now, makes a wicked omelet, and that is about it.

Well, so....we go out a lot. Hahaha.

Oh wait, he has learnt how to cook (bake) chicken...from me!

Rocket science, I tell ya!!!

I, have gotten caught up in this kind of miscommunications as well...ya think that job is cinched and then....grrrr.

What the helll!!!

I hope you get BE.

Asthma is nothing to take lightly in this day and age.

Pollution being up and up....poor you KC.

Let's get more SUVs on the road to help. Grrrrr....ahem.

I hope you pull through this quickly and can get your strength back.

Do not worry so much about external things and concentrate on internal...like resting, destressing and healing.

They all go hand in hand.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline
minor vent...

so hubby told me last week that on Wednesdays at work they have to stay a little longer because they are going to have this class.....

I guess they found out today that they aren't going to get paid for it but they are going to get pizza :P They have been having this little class during the meetings on Wednesday mornings but I guess the boss didn't like that they were essentially getting paid to take this class :blink:

ok my hubby just clarified this it seems that instead of having their weekly meetings Wednesday mornings they are going to have them after work now... I thought it was just the class...

oh and I know my hubby can cook.. he has done it before.... and he is quite good at it too... :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

argh, so I sold something on Ebay and mailed it off last week and they got the package on Monday...

the buyer payed through paypal the same day the auction ended but Paypal put the money on hold.. it said it would hold it for 21 days or until the package was confirmed delivered or if the buyer left me positive feedback on Ebay...

well, when I mailed off the package I posted the tracking number on Paypal like they asked so when I found out the got that package delivered on Monday I went to check Paypal and the money was still on hold and then I clicked on this link I hadn't really noticed before, where it says it fine print that once it is delivered it can take up to 3 days to confirm the delivery :o WTH??? so the person has had the item since Monday but here I still am with no money... we were needing that money to pay for hubby's classes... they need to be payed ASAP...

I would have saved up money for the classes but we found out too late that his work will only pay for the classes and books after the semester is over.. I guess that is good... that money can pay for his winter classes...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
argh, so I sold something on Ebay and mailed it off last week and they got the package on Monday...

the buyer payed through paypal the same day the auction ended but Paypal put the money on hold.. it said it would hold it for 21 days or until the package was confirmed delivered or if the buyer left me positive feedback on Ebay...

well, when I mailed off the package I posted the tracking number on Paypal like they asked so when I found out the got that package delivered on Monday I went to check Paypal and the money was still on hold and then I clicked on this link I hadn't really noticed before, where it says it fine print that once it is delivered it can take up to 3 days to confirm the delivery :o WTH??? so the person has had the item since Monday but here I still am with no money... we were needing that money to pay for hubby's classes... they need to be payed ASAP...

I would have saved up money for the classes but we found out too late that his work will only pay for the classes and books after the semester is over.. I guess that is good... that money can pay for his winter classes...

Wow that's weird! I sold some stuff on ebay and I don't ever remember a hold on the transactions!

Or is this your first sale or something and they have new rules?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

weird, I have sold stuff and the buyer paid via paypal and never had that hassle. Maybe it s a new thing

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Wow that's weird! I sold some stuff on ebay and I don't ever remember a hold on the transactions!

Or is this your first sale or something and they have new rules?

it is my second sale... I think they might do this when the item you are selling is over a couple hundred dollars..

the first item I sold they didn't put the money on hold but that item sold for around 100 bucks...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

this is what it says on Paypal

Why are my payments being held?

Payment holds for eBay items are an effort to increase marketplace safety. We hold payments when we suspect a transaction may be risky. Here are the most common instances in which an eBay item payment may be held:

* You have been an eBay member for less than 6 months, and you sell an item for more than $100

* You have an eBay feedback score of less than 100, and you sell an item for more than $100

* You have a buyer dissatisfaction percentage* greater than 5%

* You have an average DSR of less than 4.5

* You have received fewer than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 12 months

* You are listing your item in a high-risk category such as gift certificates, video games, cell phones, computers, or consumer electronics.

When will PayPal release the hold?

Your funds will be released when one of the following occurs:

* The buyer leaves you positive feedback

* 3 days pass after proof the item was delivered** (why the heck do they need to wait 3 days??? :angry:)

* 21 days pass without a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal filed on the transaction

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...orEBayItemHolds

I am thinking the reason it is on hold is one of the reasons in bold

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.