bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nope not even. He's the oldest and he has a little brother who's 23.

Before when we were moving, she wasn't like this. I mean I have my son here, lucky he's in Canada right now visiting my mom. But its crowded and hectic with all of us here. She should be happy. And stop the low blow comments. Like I just want to tell her: "Okay, its fine that you will miss your son, but you need not act like a teenager about it"

He's moved out before. I think shes nuts. Yep thats it. Shes nuts lol.

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for you to get the heck out of there Sprailenes so you and your husband and son begin your NEW life free of this MIL! I've read over the year the family dynamics, and can't help but think that everything will be SO different once you're out of there. Best wishes! (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Can't wait for you to get the heck out of there Sprailenes so you and your husband and son begin your NEW life free of this MIL! I've read over the year the family dynamics, and can't help but think that everything will be SO different once you're out of there. Best wishes! (F)

:thumbs:

So true what Carla said.

No your MIL can't be happy for you, whether it's a control issue or her Son moving out or controlling her Son moving out :lol:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Grrrrr ..... I have tried to post a new topic twice ... and it never shows up. It will probably show up as a repetitive post next.

umm if it is about your baby.. it has posted twice already .. :thumbs:

and I am sorry you have to go through that (F)

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Can anyone tell me why some people get their conditional permanent resident card (aka green card) in 3 months and why some people have been waiting for years?

It is not like they even had an RFE.

I hope I haven't fallen through a crack.

I'd like to have this process completed so that I do not need to think of it anymore, and my partner and I will have more options open to us.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Timeline
Can anyone tell me why some people get their conditional permanent resident card (aka green card) in 3 months and why some people have been waiting for years?

I'd like to have this process completed so that I do not need to think of it anymore, and my partner and I will have more options open to us.

Mine took almost 7 months, so you're doing fine. They probably got a hit on your name and have to go through the verification process. It'll come.

iagree.gif

Mine took almost 7 months, so you're doing fine. They probably got a hit on your name and have to go through the verification process. It'll come.

Thanks for your response Krikit.

I appreciate someone getting back to me.

LOL

:star:

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

LOL

Yes, Krikit's a bottle of Chateau Lafite Rothschild, the rest of the folks here are just swill. :lol:

BTW, Mom and Pop got theirs in one month and Pop went through AP so maybe they felt guilty. On the other hand, that would imply some form of a conscience... :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

LOL

Yes, Krikit's a bottle of Chateau Lafite Rothschild, the rest of the folks here are just swill. :lol:

BTW, Mom and Pop got theirs in one month and Pop went through AP so maybe they felt guilty. On the other hand, that would imply some form of a conscience... :lol:

Oh no no not swill darling!

There is plenty of love to go 'round.

(Just not for the governmental types.)

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

LOL

Oh no no not swill darling!

There is plenty of love to go 'round.

(Just not for the governmental types.)

No wonder their favourite show was Tetched By An Angel. :bonk:I think that the natural order of progression goes something like this: 1.) Listen to hours of Pink Floyd music, 2.) Get comfortably numb, 3.) Work at mindless civil service job, where conscious thought avails us nought. :wacko:

I was being facetious, all the folks here are valuable members of society whose import cannot be underestimated. This applies equally to everyone here, well...everyone here except for my sister. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I sympathize, SpiritAlight - our AOS took 22 months with no RFEs or anything. It even took 9 months after being transferred to California!

Today seems to be a grouch day for me - Grrrr! We keep getting junk mail from State Farm Insurance even though I have called a number of times and told them to stop sending mail here - the thing is the name they are sending it to is a friend who lives in Canada. She ordered something on e-bay ONCE that the seller wouldn't ship out of the country so she sent it here and I took it to the post office to forward to her. Now we keep getting mail for her from State Farm Insurance. I have called several times to say Stop! Then yesterday, she received something and my husband received 8 copies of the same form letter all from different State Farm Insurance agents in the area! I finally got a hold of head office and they said they would remove the names from their lists after I complained about harassment. We'll see.

Then, I ordered 2 books from Amazon on June 27 and they were both shipped on June 27 from two different suppliers. The one arrived July 2nd but when the other still hadn't arrived today, I tracked it online to find out it has been sitting in Atlanta since July 1st. When I went to the post office to find out why they just said they had to wait for Atlanta to get enough mail to send to them and it would probably arrive in a few days. It has already been sitting there 8 days - I even offered to drive to Atlanta to pick it up. Another Grr - and a complaint on the USPS website.

Then, it started to feel warm inside. We have the a/c set on 78 and outside it is in the 90s. I checked the thermostat and it was 81 inside. There was a star flashing on the a/c temperature so I went outside to check the air conditioner and it isn't working. I came inside, turned it off, checked the manual and there is no information. So I called some friends and found several who referred me to the same Heating and Air Conditioning service, so I have someone coming tomorrow afternoon between 1 and 5 to check it out. Tomorrow is supposed to get even hotter. Tonight is supposed to stay warm as well but there is a chance of thunderstorms - I hope they come because they will cool off the air and then when I open the windows we may get some cool air inside overnight. So, triple GRRS!

And - of course, no one has looked at my I-751 file which is still sitting in Vermont while those who filed in California after we did are getting approved. (Might as well go for the whole hog while I am venting!).

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

wow i am excited about a place to vent, it is completely non immigration related but oh well....

So, i work for a company, its a call centre, anyway, last monday i get called into a meeting with 2 managers, and they go through this whole thing with me about what i need to work on blah blah blah, normal stuff, then they start telling me that i have been hanging up on people, and not like a couple people, we're talking like 50 calls in 3 days, that is a whole days worth of calls, and they are telling me this like nothing like its just normal and then at the end all calm the manager says "so we're sending you home now on suspension and we will contact you to know if your to come back or not" well, a week and a day later, im still sitting here at home going #######?? and waiting for them to call me, well yesterday i called to ask whats going on and find out what they have decided cause i mean really, does it take a week to decide if they are going to fire me? and i really didn't feel after last monday that they were going to call and tell me to come back, so i just want to know so i know if i should get a job or what (i have been looking since the day it happened) but anyway, so i called yesterday, and this is what they said, "you dont need to call and ask, we will contact you when we decide how we are going to DEAL with you" like im some kind of criminal, and i didn't even do what they are saying. :bonk:

so thats my vent lol, but on the bright side, i got a call today for an interview on friday :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I sympathize, SpiritAlight - our AOS took 22 months with no RFEs or anything. It even took 9 months after being transferred to California!

Today seems to be a grouch day for me - Grrrr! We keep getting junk mail from State Farm Insurance even though I have called a number of times and told them to stop sending mail here - the thing is the name they are sending it to is a friend who lives in Canada. She ordered something on e-bay ONCE that the seller wouldn't ship out of the country so she sent it here and I took it to the post office to forward to her. Now we keep getting mail for her from State Farm Insurance. I have called several times to say Stop! Then yesterday, she received something and my husband received 8 copies of the same form letter all from different State Farm Insurance agents in the area! I finally got a hold of head office and they said they would remove the names from their lists after I complained about harassment. We'll see.

Then, I ordered 2 books from Amazon on June 27 and they were both shipped on June 27 from two different suppliers. The one arrived July 2nd but when the other still hadn't arrived today, I tracked it online to find out it has been sitting in Atlanta since July 1st. When I went to the post office to find out why they just said they had to wait for Atlanta to get enough mail to send to them and it would probably arrive in a few days. It has already been sitting there 8 days - I even offered to drive to Atlanta to pick it up. Another Grr - and a complaint on the USPS website.

Then, it started to feel warm inside. We have the a/c set on 78 and outside it is in the 90s. I checked the thermostat and it was 81 inside. There was a star flashing on the a/c temperature so I went outside to check the air conditioner and it isn't working. I came inside, turned it off, checked the manual and there is no information. So I called some friends and found several who referred me to the same Heating and Air Conditioning service, so I have someone coming tomorrow afternoon between 1 and 5 to check it out. Tomorrow is supposed to get even hotter. Tonight is supposed to stay warm as well but there is a chance of thunderstorms - I hope they come because they will cool off the air and then when I open the windows we may get some cool air inside overnight. So, triple GRRS!

And - of course, no one has looked at my I-751 file which is still sitting in Vermont while those who filed in California after we did are getting approved. (Might as well go for the whole hog while I am venting!).

You wil have another vent when you see their bill!! I phoned a few when i had AC probs this year, and it was like $100 just to show up!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

wow i am excited about a place to vent, it is completely non immigration related but oh well....

So, i work for a company, its a call centre, anyway, last monday i get called into a meeting with 2 managers, and they go through this whole thing with me about what i need to work on blah blah blah, normal stuff, then they start telling me that i have been hanging up on people, and not like a couple people, we're talking like 50 calls in 3 days, that is a whole days worth of calls, and they are telling me this like nothing like its just normal and then at the end all calm the manager says "so we're sending you home now on suspension and we will contact you to know if your to come back or not" well, a week and a day later, im still sitting here at home going #######?? and waiting for them to call me, well yesterday i called to ask whats going on and find out what they have decided cause i mean really, does it take a week to decide if they are going to fire me? and i really didn't feel after last monday that they were going to call and tell me to come back, so i just want to know so i know if i should get a job or what (i have been looking since the day it happened) but anyway, so i called yesterday, and this is what they said, "you dont need to call and ask, we will contact you when we decide how we are going to DEAL with you" like im some kind of criminal, and i didn't even do what they are saying. :bonk:

so thats my vent lol, but on the bright side, i got a call today for an interview on friday :thumbs:

:blink: I'd give them the heave-ho and tell them to shove the job. One question though...were you hanging up on 50 people in 3 days? :lol::o

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.