bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The good news is that they are SUPER fast here with check orders. He could always go to his bank and request a counter check, though. I was going to mention a money order but then I realized that won't help you, much, when it comes to tracking.

Congratulations on starting your journey!

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warning: Another breastfeeding post. Skip this if talking about boobies in a purely nonsexual way offends you :)

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! WHY can't the kid nurse effectively everytime? Occasionally, he will latch on with minimal difficulty, but more often, he is screaming and absolutely frustrated and I am crying. I want to do this sooo badly. I've consulted with the lactation consultants many times. I've gone back to the maternity ward 3 different times to have this amazing nurse try to help Declan latch. I'm taking fenugreek and blessed thistle to increase milk supply. I'm pumping after he nurses to increase supply as well as pumping throughout the day. I'm trying different positions and locations to nurse. I'm using a shield to help him latch better. I'm using a feeding tube/syringe to drip milk into his mouth as a trick to get him to latch. I'm having hubby hold the kid and position him correctly.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHAT WILL IT TAKE??????

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
The good news is that they are SUPER fast here with check orders. He could always go to his bank and request a counter check, though. I was going to mention a money order but then I realized that won't help you, much, when it comes to tracking.

I tried to get him to go get a counter check done, but he didn't get what I meant :lol: and then sometimes when he doesn't get me, I think it might just be a Canadian thing so I lay off, hahaha.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Timeline

I tried to get him to go get a counter check done, but he didn't get what I meant :lol: and then sometimes when he doesn't get me, I think it might just be a Canadian thing so I lay off, hahaha.

:lol: I hear ya. A lot of things get lost in the translation.

Okay... I just called my husband. He was pretty hesitant but said he believes that the same term is used here, but it's not very well known. He says to have the bank draw up a certified check.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Try asking for a Cashier's Cheque - we have done that a few times for sending money to Joe's daughter. They print it up in the correct amount and list the person it is going to and take the money out of your account. It is a cheque using your money but issued by the bank.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Warning: Another breastfeeding post. Skip this if talking about boobies in a purely nonsexual way offends you :)

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! WHY can't the kid nurse effectively everytime? Occasionally, he will latch on with minimal difficulty, but more often, he is screaming and absolutely frustrated and I am crying. I want to do this sooo badly. I've consulted with the lactation consultants many times. I've gone back to the maternity ward 3 different times to have this amazing nurse try to help Declan latch. I'm taking fenugreek and blessed thistle to increase milk supply. I'm pumping after he nurses to increase supply as well as pumping throughout the day. I'm trying different positions and locations to nurse. I'm using a shield to help him latch better. I'm using a feeding tube/syringe to drip milk into his mouth as a trick to get him to latch. I'm having hubby hold the kid and position him correctly.

Sorry it is not going well. Is he throwing up after he eats? Gaining weight? Do you see the same lactation consultant? Maybe one could see a different consultant? And yes, from my readings, some kids just are not breastfeeders. Maybe it is something you are eating that doesn't sit well with him--not trying to put the blame on you, not at all, but I may be wrong ( im many times,lol) but some of the taste of what you eats gets passed onto your milk, so it can change the flavor?? Something to ask the consultant Ya, I'm just throwing stuff out there,lol

So when you pump your milk, do you give it him in a bottle later? I have read, that if you bottle feed as well,some babies find it very difficult then to breastfeed, as they prefer the bottle. But the important thing he is getting enough nutrition, breast or bottle.

I commend you on your efforts, wow, your doing an EXCELLENT job, years from now when he is much older you can hang this over his head,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not an expert on lactation, but I did nurse my son and thought of a posssible idea. You might already know and be trying to do this, but here goes anyway...

When he attempts to latch on is his lower lip going in or out? I know that I would have to gently pull down on my son's chin to get his lower lip to come out more which helped him latch on. Otherwise he'd be losing grip all the time and "slurping" loudly and also that hurts!

If you're doing that already, maybe if you describe in what way he's not latching on I could see if I have any other ideas. Also, you mention bottle feeding...does he latch onto a bottle effectively? Stroking the side of their cheek also activates a reflex only newborns have...to turn toward that side and search for a nipple or bottle. It kinda gets them going in that sucking mode too.

Keep us posted here. I have an incredibly busy week and then I leave Saturday for our interview in MTL, but I'll try to check back to see what you say about this. Might have another idea up my sleeve, but need to know more about the exact problem.

Hang in there! It can be frustrating, but you're getting an A for effort and deserving a mother of the year award!!

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Timeline

Ok here is my vent, why am not rich instead of good looking ha ha ha. I wish I could fly to San Diego this weekend as my oldest son is going to be there for the US Open (he is working it). Damn it all I can't afford to go there oh well another time perhaps GRRRRRR.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Timeline

I have a vent!

We moved into a new apartment end of April and the complex messed up all our paperwork. So 10 days ago they tell us we owe them $500 more for deposits/cleaning etc etc bla bla. So I write them a check. Time goes by and I get an angry follow up call. Apparently they lost the check and demanded payment THAT DAY. Why do I get penalized for other people's idiocy and then I feel guilty?

I am beyond the red line tired of human beings being unreliable, unfriendly and ... well so shitty.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Ok here is my vent, why am not rich instead of good looking ha ha ha. I wish I could fly to San Diego this weekend as my oldest son is going to be there for the US Open (he is working it). Damn it all I can't afford to go there oh well another time perhaps GRRRRRR.

Steal a car and drive there, baby.

Or bid cheaply on priceline.

Worked for me....

:star:

I have a vent!

We moved into a new apartment end of April and the complex messed up all our paperwork. So 10 days ago they tell us we owe them $500 more for deposits/cleaning etc etc bla bla. So I write them a check. Time goes by and I get an angry follow up call. Apparently they lost the check and demanded payment THAT DAY. Why do I get penalized for other people's idiocy and then I feel guilty?

I am beyond the red line tired of human beings being unreliable, unfriendly and ... well so shitty.

Welcome to the monkey house. Sigh...

I'm not an expert on lactation, but I did nurse my son and thought of a posssible idea. You might already know and be trying to do this, but here goes anyway...

When he attempts to latch on is his lower lip going in or out? I know that I would have to gently pull down on my son's chin to get his lower lip to come out more which helped him latch on. Otherwise he'd be losing grip all the time and "slurping" loudly and also that hurts!

If you're doing that already, maybe if you describe in what way he's not latching on I could see if I have any other ideas. Also, you mention bottle feeding...does he latch onto a bottle effectively? Stroking the side of their cheek also activates a reflex only newborns have...to turn toward that side and search for a nipple or bottle. It kinda gets them going in that sucking mode too.

Keep us posted here. I have an incredibly busy week and then I leave Saturday for our interview in MTL, but I'll try to check back to see what you say about this. Might have another idea up my sleeve, but need to know more about the exact problem.

Hang in there! It can be frustrating, but you're getting an A for effort and deserving a mother of the year award!!

All I know for sure is:

what you resist, persists.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Worked for me....

I have a vent!

Just as long as you can fling your feces at the super... :devil:

BTW, Spirit what kind of car were you thinking of taking for a midnight ride? :lol:Officer I was just doing my best imitation of Paul Revere, honest... :innocent:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Worked for me....

I have a vent!

Just as long as you can fling your feces at the super... :devil:

BTW, Spirit what kind of car were you thinking of taking for a midnight ride? :lol:Officer I was just doing my best imitation of Paul Revere, honest... :innocent:

I was feeling more like an Anne Bonny...except on dry land for this particular trek.

Arrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What type? Hmmmmm...how about this: clicky!

B)

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.