bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Kidding. Mumsie has given me very very good advise and has been a real brother. So I second his thoughts (except the ones that involve running around nekkid with a food processor :unsure: )

Thank you for those kind words Len (F) , keep it up and people will start to think that you actually like me. :lol: It will forever change the face of sibling dynamics and we can't have that. :lol: Now can you please give me back the Cuisinart. :devil:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm really sorry you guys are going through more than just a "rough patch" at this point..

I hope you both find yourselves together no matter when that is..

Liz, Everything has a price, this may be ours for a better future together. Once we have everything out of the way " rough patch" we definitely will have a smooth as silk future. I figure that soon our paperwork falls on someone's desk who will as the last CBP agent I met say "#######" and not be afraid to re-act and to act in our favour.

Love and Hugs

Ron

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

So sorry that Sharon is having health issues now. I know that during our process Gene had a case of shingles as well. Very painful! The Dr. said it was of course the virus, however was probably brought on by stress. Don't we know about THAT eh? Tell Sharon that we send our love and best wishes for a full recovery. We're thinking of her, and you...not being down here for her, and hoping and praying that this damn process is over soon!!!! Love and hugs Ron for you both. (F)(L)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ron very sorry to hear about Sharon's plight and her bout with Shingles. I fell bad for her as my hubby get them as well and in fact is thinking he is about to have a bout with them in the next week or so and I just feel so bad for him when he does since there is nothing I can do but watch him be in pain (he of course is a man, no offense, but he won't go to the doctor anymore) he just likes to suffer through it. Luckily it only seems to last a few weeks usually but terrible to watch. I hope Sharon gets to feeling better soon, best to you both.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Timeline
Ron, I just read this post and I know how stressful your situation has been for both you and Sharon but I can't think of some palliative cliche or banal pleasantry that will provide succour. My eloquent fellow VJers have posted much of what I am feeling. The only thing that strikes me is the power and depth of your love for each other, as Shakespeare once wrote,

Love isan ever-fixed mark That looks on tempests and is never shaken.

I don't mean to engage in a course of sophistry or clever wordplay and I hope that you take no offence but in a backhanded way your maladies are the manifestation of your love for each other. This crucible of tragedy is forging an ever stronger bond that few people will ever experience. We are all grateful to have been given the opportunity to observe it first-hand, albeit all of us wish that it had come under more felicitous circumstances. As you have already pointed out, this is the nadir, there is only up and it will get better. You have had your health problems recently and now Sharon has had hers and you are on the cusp of great and joyous changes, you've steeled yourselves to the insults of the fates and nothing more can affect you. :thumbs: The strength of the bonds of your love are not altered by calumnous insult. Your posts are never intolerable, they are the very parable of ineffable affection. We all share your longing in our collective hearts and yours will be in our daily supplications for peace and strength to you and Sharon. (L)(L)(L)(L)(F)(F)(F)(F)

The quality of mercy is not strained, it droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven and the weather forecast calls for rain. (L):thumbs:

Yeah. What he said.

:hehe:

iagree.gif

Kidding. Mumsie has given me very very good advise and has been a real brother. So I second his thoughts (except the ones that involve running around nekkid with a food processor :unsure: )

Thank you for those kind words Len (F) , keep it up and people will start to think that you actually like me. :lol: It will forever change the face of sibling dynamics and we can't have that. :lol: Now can you please give me back the Cuisinart. :devil:

Shut up. I will never again let you borrow my kitchen appliances. Never, ever, ever. THIRTEEN food processors. THIRTEEN. :rofl:

Oh! and now that BooYah decided I am an American Boy, I might change my screen name to "Len, Gender Confused" :rofl: what an idiot.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Shut up. I will never again let you borrow my kitchen appliances. Never, ever, ever. THIRTEEN food processors. THIRTEEN. :rofl:

Oh! and now that BooYah decided I am an American Boy, I might change my screen name to "Len, Gender Confused" :rofl: what an idiot.

I've tasted your cooking, it was no great loss. :lol: Just kidding...maybe. ;) Actually my sister is a great cook, I can say that in all honesty and I'd say that even if she wasn't holding a large butcher knife in her hand right now. :lol:

"Len, Gender Confused" seems a bit too verbose, too cacophonous; I think your new screen name should be more melodious, more succinct. Len is now "The Gender Bender." :lol:

BTW, here's her new avatar:

Brandt_10.jpg

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
Yesterday at work Sharon wasn't feeling well at all (tired to point of collapsing) after being there 2 hour, she waited for a replacement and then went to the hospital emergency to get checked out and was told it would take as much as 3 month to recover from her illness, this is not good as all it does is add more stress in her life and it is stress that she is trying to recover from. Right now she on her way to her doctor since she (doctor) was called by the hospital yesterday and told to see the doctor first thing this morning.

I know everyone well wish well and a speedy recovery, that is what I will tell her on your behalf. Thank you for tolerating my latest post as they are not the most pleasant reading material available.

Always thinking of you and loving you very much even if not said often enough. (L)(F)

Ron

Ron, I just read this post and I know how stressful your situation has been for both you and Sharon but I can't think of some palliative cliche or banal pleasantry that will provide succour. My eloquent fellow VJers have posted much of what I am feeling. The only thing that strikes me is the power and depth of your love for each other, as Shakespeare once wrote,

Love isan ever-fixed mark That looks on tempests and is never shaken.

I don't mean to engage in a course of sophistry or clever wordplay and I hope that you take no offence but in a backhanded way your maladies are the manifestation of your love for each other. This crucible of tragedy is forging an ever stronger bond that few people will ever experience. We are all grateful to have been given the opportunity to observe it first-hand, albeit all of us wish that it had come under more felicitous circumstances. As you have already pointed out, this is the nadir, there is only up and it will get better. You have had your health problems recently and now Sharon has had hers and you are on the cusp of great and joyous changes, you've steeled yourselves to the insults of the fates and nothing more can affect you. :thumbs: The strength of the bonds of your love are not altered by calumnious insult. Your posts are never intolerable, they are the very parable of ineffable affection. We all share your longing in our collective hearts and yours will be in our daily supplications for peace and strength to you and Sharon. (L)(L)(L)(L)(F)(F)(F)(F)

The quality of mercy is not strained, it droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven and the weather forecast calls for rain. (L):thumbs:

Dear Mumsie, How does one do justice to what you have written? I have tried but am not able to say anything but a heart felt thank you.

Ron andSharon

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

Timeline
So sorry that Sharon is having health issues now. I know that during our process Gene had a case of shingles as well. Very painful! The Dr. said it was of course the virus, however was probably brought on by stress. Don't we know about THAT eh? Tell Sharon that we send our love and best wishes for a full recovery. We're thinking of her, and you...not being down here for her, and hoping and praying that this damn process is over soon!!!! Love and hugs Ron for you both. (F)(L)

Thank you Carla, Sharon will get through this but it will take time. What she is now suffering are the side effects and they are what is causing weakness

Ron

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

I've tasted your cooking, it was no great loss. :lol: Just kidding...maybe. ;) Actually my sister is a great cook, I can say that in all honesty and I'd say that even if she wasn't holding a large butcher knife in her hand right now. :lol:

"Len, Gender Confused" seems a bit too verbose, too cacophonous; I think your new screen name should be more melodious, more succinct. Len is now "The Gender Bender." :lol:

BTW, here's her new avatar:

Brandt_10.jpg

OH MY GOD!!! THAT'S HILARIOUS!!!!

You just made my day bro :rofl:

Timeline
Ron very sorry to hear about Sharon's plight and her bout with Shingles. I fell bad for her as my hubby get them as well and in fact is thinking he is about to have a bout with them in the next week or so and I just feel so bad for him when he does since there is nothing I can do but watch him be in pain (he of course is a man, no offense, but he won't go to the doctor anymore) he just likes to suffer through it. Luckily it only seems to last a few weeks usually but terrible to watch. I hope Sharon gets to feeling better soon, best to you both.

Thank you very much, Sharon is new suffering the side effects and hopefully they won't last too long. Tell your husband if caught at the right time they don't need to last more than a week with the proper medication. I two years ago felt something wrong and it was the beginning of shingles and I took 7 pills and they were gone. If he want to spend $300.00 there is a pill that will cure he in one day. I opted for the lesser expensive meds at 170.00 for the 7 pills.

Ron

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

Timeline

Today the doctor said I have to go to the heart institute for testing, she has no idea what happened and is sure that it wasn't the medication, but does think it was a stroke, everyone at work is now worried and the boss is thinking of getting other to keep an eye on me and call me at work since I send the last 2 hours alone, damn there goes my nap time. :crying:

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Today the doctor said I have to go to the heart institute for testing, she has no idea what happened and is sure that it wasn't the medication, but does think it was a stroke, everyone at work is now worried and the boss is thinking of getting other to keep an eye on me and call me at work since I send the last 2 hours alone, damn there goes my nap time. :crying:

Speaking as someone who has had a stroke -- go get testing done! This may have been a TIA or a small stroke -- usually these go undiagnosed and untreated, and you may suffer a bigger one later on. I don't want to scare you, but just want to gently nudge you in the direction of getting checked out and starting preventative treatment if needed. Oh and familiarize yourself and your co-workers with the warning signs of stroke so that you can be prepared. I hope something else is causing your symptoms, but obey your doctor just to make sure. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.