4,952 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

may 10 to 18th =)

you?

-----------------------------------

SpiritA: I'm sorry things are so chaotic right now..

take lots of naps and visit the malls

Helps me =)

Here when you need to vent

cuz you will =)

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Thanks Len, Krikit and Liz.

I appreciate you.

We had a cease fire on Sunday...for my birthday; and that was good.

There is always hope.

:star:

Where are you off to Liz??

Hey and my travel papers just arrived (Fedexed from the person staying in our house back in IL).

I'd like to see my parents in Montreal before they leave for Greece.

Plus my mom's birthday and their anniversary and Mother's day all in the same week!

Alas, my mom will worry if I show up "husband-less"....

A visit in late September will be fine...I guess.

Maybe we can go to Greece to visit!!

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Timeline
may 10 to 18th =)

you?

May 10th to the 19th. I'm arriving at 10:15am. OMG!!!!! I'm changing planes at Baltimore at 9:10am! ARE YOU ON THAT FLIGHT?!!! :o

-----------------------------------

SpiritA: I'm sorry things are so chaotic right now..

take lots of naps and visit the malls

Helps me =)

Yes, Spirit. Don't let people give you that "things get better with time" BS. It's shopping. Things get better with shopping.

iagree.gif

Going to visit my folks and Toronto!

may 10 to 18th =)

you?

May 10th to the 19th. I'm arriving at 10:15am. OMG!!!!! I'm changing planes at Baltimore at 9:10am! ARE YOU ON THAT FLIGHT?!!! :o

I'm leaving Baltimore @ 11:50am..

That sucks!

You should leave a little note taped to a wall or something :blush:

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Going to visit my folks and Toronto!

may 10 to 18th =)

you?

I'm leaving Baltimore @ 11:50am..

That sucks!

You should leave a little note taped to a wall or something :blush:

Dammit! I was getting all excited there for a moment. :crying: I will write something on the bathroom wall for you. :lol:

iagree.gif

My husband's Blazer broke down AGAIN!!! We just got it back from the shop LAST WEEK and paid $900 to fix it. GRRRR!!!! My biggest stress is that I fear that I will need to be the one who advocates with the shop and makes sure we don't get screwed (hubby is just TOO nice and laidback sometimes, he is not good at dealing with conflict) .... and I honestly don't have the mental energy at this point to have to deal.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Blazer as in coat?

As in Chevy :hehe:

Sorry about your vehicle Autumn! Hopefully the mechanic is a nice and fair person and will fix it up without any hassle!

Spirit, i'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time right now.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My husband's Blazer broke down AGAIN!!! We just got it back from the shop LAST WEEK and paid $900 to fix it. GRRRR!!!! My biggest stress is that I fear that I will need to be the one who advocates with the shop and makes sure we don't get screwed (hubby is just TOO nice and laidback sometimes, he is not good at dealing with conflict) .... and I honestly don't have the mental energy at this point to have to deal.

Those hippy tree hugging BC'ers just don't have enough Canadian rage in them.

That sux. But I have a plan. Go in there with your big pregnant self and cry. Make a scene. Choose a time when there are other customers in the shop. Ask them for a glass of water and make out like you're having contractions. They'll fall all over themselves to make it right and get you out of there. :thumbs:

Liz, have you flow SW before?

iagree.gif

no, never flown Southwest..

I hope they don't suck!

you?

Yes, they are my most favouritist airline. :luv: But I just wanted to give you a heads up in case you'd never flown with them.

1. Go online and print off your boarding pass 24 hours before your flight. Do this as close to the 24-hour prior mark as you can. This will ensure you have great seating. First come, first served.
  2. When you get to the airport, just go up to one of the touchpad screens at the Southwest counter and check in using your confirmation number (which is on your boarding pass). Hand the agent your boarding pass and your passport, then put your bag(s) on the scale. If you use the curbside check-in you don't have to do all this. Just hand them all your stuff then give the porter a couple of bucks to take care of your bag(s). (You're allowed two bags at a maximum weight of 50 lbs each.)
  3. Your boarding pass will have an A number, a B number, or a C number. (e.g. A35, B14, C42) The A group boards first. You line up at the markers according to your number. (They're separated into groups of 5 on the markers.) Once the A group boards, then B group gets called, then the C. If you get an A number you're pretty much assured a good seat, because you pick your own.
I think that's everything.
iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Spirit very sorry to hear things are going so awful right now, this too will pass. My hubby and I had a few good ones about 6 months after I got here and I too said I was thinking it was best I move back home (problems originated with step son's gf who was living here and she didn't seem to be liking me much). Hang in there as I am sure things can really only get better again for the two of you once this current crisis is over. And of course we are all here to listen if you need to vent.

Krikit and Liz so cool on the trips home, I wish I could have partaken but alas can't travel yet besides saving for a trip with my family at Christmas. It really is too bad that you two won't be at the airport at the same time that would be so cool for sure.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.