Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
nope

he gets nothing!

not even the gift of hearing my voice

How do you know he's not enjoying the silence? :P

:lol:

Just went and bought a vacuum at K-Mart, after 10 minutes the little wheel thing broke. darn.

Buy a Dyson! (Wow. Suddenly I feel like Flames. :blink: )

If you own a Dyson and you are boycotting cornbread AND you make sexist comments about female drivers.....you might be a flames.

:thumbs:

Edited by trailmix

Sometimes your SO pisses you off so much you just want to scream!

*end vent*

I completely understand!!! Let's scream together now!!!

My hubby is generally a wonderful guy (see mushy anniversary post) ... but on Sunday, I wanted to kill him. His housekeeping standards and mine do not match. Not usually a problem, he cleans as best he can and then I finish up. However, I went to put groceries away on Sunday and realized how disgustingly dirty our fridge was. And I moved the condiments to make room for salad dressing and realized that the kind of mustard HE uses apparently spilled a really long time ago and was caked on to the shelf. So I decided to give the fridge a nice cleaning. I am killing myself to scrub everything, pretty uncomfortable at times since my 8 months pregnant body does NOT like to be on my hands and knees scrubbing. So, the hubby wanders in, sees what I am doing and comments, honey don't hurt yourself, it can wait, it doesn't need to be done now. So I ask him, okay would YOU like to do it? NOPE! He just wants me to not be in pain. ARGH! I think my body wants to be nesting and because our future bedroom is a construction zone, all of the furniture is piled into the nursery, which I have not been able to do a thing in. So all I have now is cleaning, can't fix up either room. And hubby will be a dead man if he does not finish at least our bedroom before the baby comes. Of course, no pressure ... I am only due in 5 weeks!!!!!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline
This was the little lizard thing and not like a leg biting one right?? :huh:

:o You mean there are LEG-biting lizards too?!!!!!!!! :crying:

Oh and I was reading that as of March something people in Lake Mary have to drive to Orlando to apply for their SSN. Rats.

OrLANDo?? Yeesh. That's a pain. There's got to be one in Sanford at least. I know the one here in my area is familiar with them. ;) lol

Well I hope the person that was familiar with them moved to the office in Orlando because as of last month that is the only place in the area that is handling them. <_< (popped in to the local office today and the guy gave us the application and a map to the place in Orlando - btw he looked jumpy like the woman at the bank yesterday, these people need to cut down on their coffee consumption) darn. !!!!

Oh and I don't think they have leg biting lizards, but i've only been here 2 days so I wouldn't bet any money on that :lol:

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
nope

he gets nothing!

Just went and bought a vacuum at K-Mart, after 10 minutes the little wheel thing broke. darn.

If you own a Dyson and you are boycotting cornbread AND you make sexist comments about female drivers.....you might be a flames.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
Sometimes your SO pisses you off so much you just want to scream!

*end vent*

I completely understand!!! Let's scream together now!!!

My hubby is generally a wonderful guy (see mushy anniversary post) ... but on Sunday, I wanted to kill him. His housekeeping standards and mine do not match. Not usually a problem, he cleans as best he can and then I finish up. However, I went to put groceries away on Sunday and realized how disgustingly dirty our fridge was. And I moved the condiments to make room for salad dressing and realized that the kind of mustard HE uses apparently spilled a really long time ago and was caked on to the shelf. So I decided to give the fridge a nice cleaning. I am killing myself to scrub everything, pretty uncomfortable at times since my 8 months pregnant body does NOT like to be on my hands and knees scrubbing. So, the hubby wanders in, sees what I am doing and comments, honey don't hurt yourself, it can wait, it doesn't need to be done now. So I ask him, okay would YOU like to do it? NOPE! He just wants me to not be in pain. ARGH! I think my body wants to be nesting and because our future bedroom is a construction zone, all of the furniture is piled into the nursery, which I have not been able to do a thing in. So all I have now is cleaning, can't fix up either room. And hubby will be a dead man if he does not finish at least our bedroom before the baby comes. Of course, no pressure ... I am only due in 5 weeks!!!!!

Unfortunately enlightened Hubby's testosterone kicked in. :lol: My best piece of advice is to leave the cleaning of the fridge, not to hurt yourself because it can wait. :lol: Hubby will probably finish the nursery two minutes before your water breaks. :lol:

IR5

Timeline
:o You mean there are LEG-biting lizards too?!!!!!!!! :crying:

Apparently people bought monitors (large carnivorous lizards, smaller ones can break your leg with a tail whip, the largest one, the Komodo Dragon, can eat you :lol: ) and released them into the Floridian ecosystem. Don't worry too much though they mostly eat piranhas (also in the waterways of the Sunshine State) and the odd alligator (small ones) as well anything else they find. Have a pleasant evening. :lol:

IR5

....... So, the hubby wanders in, sees what I am doing and comments, honey don't hurt yourself, it can wait, it doesn't need to be done now. So I ask him, okay would YOU like to do it? NOPE! ..........

made me laugh OUT LOUD :thumbs:

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Timeline
nope

he gets nothing!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Too funny!!

I do love my Dysons!! bed bath & Beyone always has those 20% off coupons! I used that when I bought my Dyson!! And I have done a test with my dyson!! My brother in law lives inthe same condo complex. So when he was gone I vacuumed his place with his hoover vacuum. Took my time and made sure it had picked up what it could. THEN i brought over my Dyson, and WOW it picked up soo much more dirt/debris!! The only crappy thing about the Dyson and any other cannister typer vacuum is when u goto dump out the collected debris!! But on the other hand, ur not paying for bags! had ours for over a year now and still does a great job. Well worth the $$$$ BUT if ur a chick, please do th epublic a favor, and allow ur husband to drive to the store to purchase the vacuum! lol :innocent:

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Oh ya,----I'm in the wrong business!! My AC wasnt working---more specifically my heat pump!! So I called a company--Mr.Heat Pump,lol very professional, nice guy, answered all my questions, so that part was great, can't complain and give the guy a 10/10, BUT he only did like 5 minutes of work, and was charged $140 for labor,lol Its $95 just for them to show up, and thats only for 30 minutes, think its $45 for every 30 minutes after that!! As soon as he took off the cover plate on the heat pump unit, he saw the problem, the Ocapacitator was fried!! But he didnt have 1 with him, so he had to drive a mile to the office and pick another up! Then simply plug in the new one! that part was $125!! It actually took him longer to write up the bill than the actual work,lol THEN he tries to sell ya one a service agreement. For $300 a year, one gets two visits to check out ur heat pump and furnace and 10% off parts!! And off course that would be on top of the $260 I just forked out,, hmmm don't think so! My units fairly new and dont plan on being here much longer. Not sure what other companies would have charged, but the few I did phone said it was in the $100 range just to show up!! Guess I shouldn't complain to much, the fellow was very nice. Would I use them again, probably yes. So is this really a vent? sort of,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Timeline
and knees scrubbing. So, the hubby wanders in, sees what I am doing and comments, honey don't hurt yourself, it can wait, it doesn't need to be done now. So I ask him, okay would YOU like to do it? NOPE! He just wants me to

OHMYGOD, Autumn! WE HAVE THE SAME HUSBAND!!!!! :o Oooooooooooooooo, I'm getting angry just thinking about it! :angry:

Apparently people bought monitors (large carnivorous lizards, smaller ones can break your leg with a tail whip, the largest one, the Komodo Dragon, can eat you :lol: ) and released them into the Floridian ecosystem. Don't worry too much though they mostly eat piranhas (also in the waterways of the Sunshine State) and the odd alligator (small ones) as well anything else they find. Have a pleasant evening. :lol:

:o

bags! had ours for over a year now and still does a great job. Well worth the $$$$ BUT if ur a chick, please do th epublic a favor, and allow ur husband to drive to the store to purchase the vacuum! lol :innocent:

:bonk:

Oh ya,----I'm in the wrong business!! My AC wasnt working---more specifically my heat pump!! So I called a company--Mr.Heat Pump,lol very professional, nice guy, answered all my questions, so that part was great, can't complain and give the guy a 10/10, BUT he only did like 5 minutes of work, and was charged $140 for labor,lol Its $95 just for them to show up, and thats only for 30 minutes, think its $45 for every 30 minutes after that!! As soon as he took off the cover plate on the heat pump unit, he saw the problem, the Ocapacitator was fried!! But he didnt have 1 with him, so he had to drive a mile to the office and pick another up! Then simply plug in the new one! that part was $125!! It actually took him longer to write up the bill than the actual work,lol THEN he tries to sell ya one a service agreement. For $300 a year, one gets two visits to check out ur heat pump and furnace and 10% off parts!! And off course that would be on top of the $260 I just forked out,, hmmm don't think so! My units fairly new and dont plan on being here much longer. Not sure what other companies would have charged, but the few I did phone said it was in the $100 range just to show up!! Guess I shouldn't complain to much, the fellow was very nice. Would I use them again, probably yes. So is this really a vent? sort of,lol

Or you could have been like my husband and think you can fix it yourself, cause a major disaster, and end up forking out bigger bucks than if you'd just let the guy who knows what he's doing fix it. :angry:

iagree.gif

Timeline
and knees scrubbing. So, the hubby wanders in, sees what I am doing and comments, honey don't hurt yourself, it can wait, it doesn't need to be done now. So I ask him, okay would YOU like to do it? NOPE! He just wants me to

OHMYGOD, Autumn! WE HAVE THE SAME HUSBAND!!!!! :o Oooooooooooooooo, I'm getting angry just thinking about it! :angry:

Wait a second... so that's a bad response? I'll have to remember that if and when my wife is ever in a situation like that. Because the way Autumnchik's husband handled that seemed okay to me. :P

Filed: Timeline

Wait a second... so that's a bad response? I'll have to remember that if and when my wife is ever in a situation like that. Because the way Autumnchik's husband handled that seemed okay to me. :P

:girlwerewolf2xn:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Didn't you know, all machines are female and now the Gods of Feminism are making you pay for your sexist comments. :lol:

IR5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.