bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Well they did add my name HOWEVER, it wont show till next billing cycle (April 15th) and I am sending my AOS and all on the 8th come hell or highwater.

So i basically refused to get off the phone with them till I got to somone with Higher Authority , (I am what they would consider a "difficult Client" my ### if I could get Customer Service I wuldnt be LOL). He finally told me to come in and he would see what he could do. Grrrrr

Did you hear about the old lady in WA that went into Comcast with a hammer and crashed the teller's window and god knows what else? it was hilarious.

Even if you don't have both names in yet, send copies of the ones you have - showing same address.

Good luck sister!

As long as you weren't charged Len. :innocent: Mumsie's opinion of Comcast? I only have one thing to say, Omerta. :angry::devil:

BTW Steph, you can try to go in person and see if you can get a current bill with your name on it. It has worked on occasion, even without the hammer. :innocent:

Azzzzz. It wasn't me :PI've heard however that she was somehow related to Laura, cuzz there was a foul smell all around when she entered Comcast headquarters :rofl:

And Omerta is indeed, THE word.

Shame on you, trying to bring poor Laura into odium....too late. :lol: Stinky twin powers activate, form of a ####### blossom... :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blaaaaaah. Homesick woes. It's gotten to the point where Bee has offered to give me a ticket home for the weekend. Not like we can afford it either so it would mean that we'd be eating oatmeal for weeks :(

Awwww Nini! Big hugs for you! Bee is so sweet! Now I could eat oatmeal and cream of wheat all week without being given a plant ticket!

carlahmsb4.gif

You are all hilarious.

And stinky.

Phew!

:lol:

Am I in The Vent thread?

Check!

Okay here goes:

After my Battle with the Wallpaper, it is over.

It has won.

And I have won.

Ha!

I, for the first time in my life am giving up...giving in...to what is and what will never be. Bahaha!

That wallpaper either needs dynamite or for the walls to be replaced (which BTW I can do).

However, I did do half that large room (it is an attic style) and after realizing that I was loathing doing it, and in turn loathing this house, I decided I had better stop in order to not completely destroy any spark left in my (still new) relationship: with my sweetie, with this house, with this city.

So

I gave up.

Let it be known.

My fear was that I can never give up on anything because that meant I would be giving up on me.

Strange I know...it's metaphysical.

(Oh if you could peer into my brain...run run run away!!!)

I will be calling someone to come and give me an estimate on how much to finish it and to prep for paint.

The walls are a disaster underneath...too much for me to tackle alone.

And I do have refurbishing experience...homes/boats.

Ya Basta!

Plus with us planning on leaving ASAP, it is time to let others finish it and come and redo the entire bathroom while we are away.

That would be so awesome. Put it for sale/rent, and move downtown with less head-aches/woes.

I must vacate the burbs!

Yes.

:star:

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
You are all hilarious.

And stinky.

Phew!

Am I in The Vent thread?

Check!

No worries Spirit, you gave it the college try!

So, in the interests of - something - I am going to tell more of the RBC story.

My Husband went in to the bank on Wednesday, to see Marco, Marco insisted that one of us had to come in to deposit our U.S. draft that we had from closing our 'Borderless' account with our 'real' bank, the TD.

I told Marco I would not be coming in, just my Husband as we are quite busy, as he can imagine.....no problem.

So my Husband takes in:

- Bank Draft from TD - U.S. dollars.

- Print out from TD that we have closed our U.S. account and taken the money in a draft.

- Receipt from TD for the draft

- Our Borderless account bank statment from December (he wanted this, as mentioned earlier, I don't know what this proves).

One HOUR later Husband leaves the bank, we now have an RBC U.S. dollar account as well! The theory is:

- Deposit bank draft in RBC U.S. dollar account

- Draft clears in 5 days (he made a point of mentioning to my Husband that it would take 5 days - he even printed it out - the regulations - and showed it to him).

- We then transfer the money in to the Centura account, pick up our bank cards in Nebraska - all good.

Then Marco calls yesterday, I pick up the phone and he asks to speak to my Husband.

Slight glitch - they are going to hold your money for 15 days!!

Blah blah blah. Ok I'm furious at this point, so after the bank guy babbles on for several minutes I grab the phone from my Husband and hang up :lol:

So bank guy calls back and I answer, he says something like 'I don't know why the phone cut out like that but anyway....you didn't come in with your Husband yesterday, I didn't know you weren't going to come in?? -blah blah blah'.

That was when I lost my cool. I told him exactly how I felt about how he had handled this whole thing. I told him I needed to speak with the bank manager.

Long story short - I spoke with her yesterday and gave her a reference (bank manager) at our TD bank branch. She said to me (she is a very reasonable woman and I don't think she actually had the whole story before I spoke to her), that she is going to call our bank manager at TD (luckily I had her contact info as she wrote the bank letter we had to send with the affidavit of support).

According to the bank guy they are holding the money due to 'U.S. banking regulations'. Whether this is accurate or not I don't know at this point - they keep saying how we are new customers to RBC.

Anyway, RBC bank manager has left me voice mail to call her, so I guess I will and see what they have come up with.

Edited by trailmix

You are all hilarious.

And stinky.

Phew!

Am I in The Vent thread?

Check!

My Husband went in to the bank on Wednesday, to see Marco, Marco insisted that one of us had to come in to deposit our U.S. draft that we had from closing our 'Borderless' account with our 'real' bank, the TD.

I told Marco I would not be coming in, just my Husband as we are quite busy, as he can imagine.....no problem.

So my Husband takes in:

- Print out from TD that we have closed our U.S. account and taken the money in a draft.

- Our Borderless account bank statment from December (he wanted this, as mentioned earlier, I don't know what this proves).

One HOUR later Husband leaves the bank, we now have an RBC U.S. dollar account as well! The theory is:

- Draft clears in 5 days (he made a point of mentioning to my Husband that it would take 5 days - he even printed it out - the regulations - and showed it to him).

- We then transfer the money in to the Centura account, pick up our bank cards in Nebraska - all good.

Then Marco calls yesterday, I pick up the phone and he asks to speak to my Husband.

Blah blah blah. Ok I'm furious at this point, so after the bank guy babbles on for several minutes I grab the phone from my Husband and hang up :lol:

So bank guy calls back and I answer, he says something like 'I don't know why the phone cut out like that but anyway....you didn't come in with your Husband yesterday, I didn't know you weren't going to come in?? -blah blah blah'.

That was when I lost my cool. I told him exactly how I felt about how he had handled this whole thing. I told him I needed to speak with the bank manager.

Long story short - I spoke with her yesterday and gave her a reference (bank manager) at our TD bank branch. She said to me (she is a very reasonable woman and I don't think she actually had the whole story before I spoke to her), that she is going to call our bank manager at TD (luckily I had her contact info as she wrote the bank letter we had to send with the affidavit of support).

According to the bank guy they are holding the money due to 'U.S. banking regulations'. Whether this is accurate or not I don't know at this point - they keep saying how we are new customers to RBC.

Anyway, RBC bank manager has left me voice mail to call her, so I guess I will and see what they have come up with.

The saga continues! :hehe: This story gets more bizarre each day! I LOVE that you hung up on Marco. :lol::lol: Keep us updated!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, what a pain!! I transfered over $20,000 with customhouse.com and never had a problem. The $$$ was transferred over in the normal 3-4 business day time frame. Hope you get it all settled out

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Timeline
You are all hilarious.

And stinky.

Phew!

Am I in The Vent thread?

Check!

So my Husband takes in:

The saga continues! :hehe: This story gets more bizarre each day! I LOVE that you hung up on Marco. :lol::lol: Keep us updated!

Me thinks Marco needs to be dealt with promptly.... :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

This last 30 days of my 6 month wait for CSC is going to kill me, I just know it!!! I am already planning for calling the Senator's office and trying to gauge how long it takes them to get info back from USCIS. Think I have a negative attitude much?

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

This last 30 days of my 6 month wait for CSC is going to kill me, I just know it!!! I am already planning for calling the Senator's office and trying to gauge how long it takes them to get info back from USCIS. Think I have a negative attitude much?

Who can blame you?

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Who can blame you?

Agreed. Call the dude Delicia - he/she needs to earn his/her salary by serving voters!

Timeline
You are all hilarious.

And stinky.

Phew!

Am I in The Vent thread?

Check!

So my Husband takes in:

Me thinks Marco needs to be dealt with promptly.... :devil::devil::devil::devil:

Death by flagellation? :innocent:

IR5

Me thinks Marco needs to be dealt with promptly.... :devil::devil::devil::devil:

I was thinking more along the lines of having HIM apply for a foreign currency account via El Compadre Bank. Enough paperwork to make him kill himself. Long and painful.... cuz me thinkssss he might actually enjoy flagellation...

Timeline

I was thinking more along the lines of having HIM apply for a foreign currency account via El Compadre Bank. Enough paperwork to make him kill himself. Long and painful.... cuz me thinkssss he might actually enjoy flagellation...

Just as long as you keep the ski mask and sawed off shotgun at home. :lol: Now back to filling out the Ford Credit application. :crying:

IR5

Holy ####!!!!!

I dragged Bee with me to the pharmacy today because it was my first time filling a prescription out and I wanted backup ;)

So, for a bottle of sleep medication and one month of birth control... came to a hundred and sixty dollars. I just about had a heart attack at the counter.

Man, I will never, ever, ever get used to this health care stuff. *cries*

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Holy ####!!!!!

I dragged Bee with me to the pharmacy today because it was my first time filling a prescription out and I wanted backup ;)

So, for a bottle of sleep medication and one month of birth control... came to a hundred and sixty dollars. I just about had a heart attack at the counter.

Man, I will never, ever, ever get used to this health care stuff. *cries*

I hear you babeeee. Prices are insane, even with our insurance. And the service itself -with the exception of my super duper GP- suxxxxxxxx.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.