MissStacey

Going to see The Tragically Hip on Saturday Night!

61 posts in this topic

Oh, for Pete's sake, harley, you don't like the Hip, that's fantastic, good for you. I don't like Rush, Tim Horton's coffee, - see, I can be honest and un-PC too! The difference between you and me is that I don't think a Canadian posse is gonna come knocking on my door demanding to retract my opinion!

Seriously, I have yet to encounter a "you can't post / start a topic / dare enter the Canadian forum if you don't absolutely positively love hockey / Tim Horton's / curling / Canadian Tire / uniquely Canadian bands / all things Canadian" mentality in this forum, not sure where you got that idea. It just happens that a lot of people posting here like a lot of the typical stuff (ie. Timmy's). You have different tastes, welcome to humanity.

haha Cassie, I can almost envision your face if I was to see you say this. :lol::lol::lol:

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Love the Hip!! Wish I could have joined you...or maybe live closer to where they are performing. I will keep in mind of the "sweat" though...lmao.

I seen them 3 times when I lived in Calgary and possibly I was just partying too hard to notice the sweat!!!!

Oct 1/09 - I-751 package sent

Oct 3 - package delivered

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Oct 13 - 1st NOA received and additional letters for my daughters I filed with. NOAs stated Resident Status

has been extended for 1 year and that we will be receiving a letter for an ASC appointment for

fingerprints, photo, and signature.

Dec 2009 - Received 10 year permanent resident card.

Feb 2010 - My children received their 10 year permanent resident cards.

Oct 2010 - My children were legally adopted by my USA Citizen husband.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You know what? I feel sorry for you. You are obviously very unhappy in your life. It takes so much energy to be negative and then try to convince everyone else that your negativity is NOT negativity. Whatever it is, I wish you well, and maybe someday you'll choose to be happy.

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
You know what? I feel sorry for you. You are obviously very unhappy in your life. It takes so much energy to be negative and then try to convince everyone else that your negativity is NOT negativity. Whatever it is, I wish you well, and maybe someday you'll choose to be happy.

Since you don't know me, don't judge me....I'm happy I'm not an automaton like you must be....grinning all the time and pretending that the world is soooooo perfect and that everyone should be happy and never say anything negative......I wish you well in your fantasy land

Oh the irony!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wowzers...

Who knew a thread on the Hip could get so crazy!! :)

I'd just like to throw my 2 cents in here..

The Hip is who they are because they AREN'T "typical whitebread boring junk from Canada" unlike say.. (no offence ment) Nickleback lets say.. The Hip IMO is one of the LEAST typical Canadian bands around.. one of the reasons I don't get them, is because their lyrics and blend of music is so "foreign" to what I'm used to listening.

BUT because the CDN music scene IMO is much more indy feeling our bands tend to not fit the cookie cutter (I mean really how else could Stompin Tom survive hee hee - okay maybe not the BEST example but ya know) :) But some of my fav CDN bands don't fit any mold at all.. Mr. Something Something (ON), and Jimmy Swift band (NS)

Our little bars in Canada IMO host some of the best Indy bands in the WORLD.. cause our taste appears to be pretty ecclectic and diverse as our people are..

*end of Opinion

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm NOT an automaton, and I DON'T grin all the time, and I would be STUPID if I pretended the world was some wonderful fantasyland. I'm just a woman who spent way too many years being negative. I've come to realize that being that negative takes so much energy and how does it make you feel? Usually like #######! If you're happy with it, more power to you but don't come into a place like this Canadian forum and try to spread your negativity. Being positive during this whole visa process is what helps some people cope.

Your visa journey is over. What are you still doing here? I wouldn't normally ask that question, because I welcome the others who have been through this, but it seems that you just post to try and antagonize people. You don't offer anything useful. That being said, I believe I'm giving you exactly what you want right now so I'm not going to respond to you anymore.

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Timeline

So... anyone remember the group "The Box"?

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Oct 13 - 1st NOA received and additional letters for my daughters I filed with. NOAs stated Resident Status

has been extended for 1 year and that we will be receiving a letter for an ASC appointment for

Filed: Timeline

Sing some of their hits and I'll see if I remember them. lol

I have a "Hip" story. I told my cousins I would babysit their kids while they and their friends, my brother and his friend, and my daughter and her fiancé all went to the concert. (What can I say. I'm a soft touch.) Anyway, I picked up one of the kids and strained my back. I then spent the next few weeks at the chiropractor and spent time begging people to come and cut my grass. Just more proof that a good deed never goes unpunished. bleh

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Apparently The Box are still around... http://www.theboxband.com/en/index.html

Anyone remember Northern Pikes? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Pikes

Edited by misa

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Timeline

Sing some of their hits and I'll see if I remember them. lol

I have a "Hip" story. I told my cousins I would babysit their kids while they and their friends, my brother and his friend, and my daughter and her fiancé all went to the concert. (What can I say. I'm a soft touch.) Anyway, I picked up one of the kids and strained my back. I then spent the next few weeks at the chiropractor and spent time begging people to come and cut my grass. Just more proof that a good deed never goes unpunished. bleh

gee...sing...dunno 'bout that........I might break my screen!!!

.........and yet you still like the Hip?!?! :)

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Apparently The Box are still around... http://www.theboxband.com/en/index.html

Anyone remember Northern Pikes? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Pikes

I remember the Northern Pikes! Great group! :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Loved the Northern Pikes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Northern_Pikes Saw them live at at the Prince Albert Ex years and years ago. had a Cd or two at one time

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm NOT an automaton, and I DON'T grin all the time, and I would be STUPID if I pretended the world was some wonderful fantasyland. I'm just a woman who spent way too many years being negative. I've come to realize that being that negative takes so much energy and how does it make you feel? Usually like #######! If you're happy with it, more power to you but don't come into a place like this Canadian forum and try to spread your negativity. Being positive during this whole visa process is what helps some people cope.

Your visa journey is over. What are you still doing here? I wouldn't normally ask that question, because I welcome the others who have been through this, but it seems that you just post to try and antagonize people. You don't offer anything useful. That being said, I believe I'm giving you exactly what you want right now so I'm not going to respond to you anymore.

How do you know my visa journey is over????? It isn't, but I don't come here whining about it. It's almost done and I'm glad for that. I'm glad that you are such a great person who can always be happy, must be so much fun...especially when people on here write about people on other parts of this forum and name names......real mature isn't it????? Must be all the happiness I guess. Just to screw up your feelings of me being mister negative and such an expletive.....The Box were pretty good, especially on their first album , and The Northern Pikes were good both times I saw them. WOW!!!!! No negativity!!!!!! Of course paople will just pick this apart like every other post, but I really couldn't care less. Have a "nice" day.

I used to be negative, but the bitter teenage years pass. Don't worry harley...life gets better after 18! :thumbs:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

harleytexas- what makes me mad is the fact you just jumped in this thread and made f#cking ignorant comments.

I don't care if you don't like the Tragically Hip or Tim Horton's coffee or anything else that fits the Canadian stereotype.

It's the fact you made your stupid pukey post. I would have respected the fact if you had said you weren't a fan of the Tragically Hip fan but at least said "have fun at the show". I'm not their hugest fan- I like a few of their songs that I have heard and I was excited to go down to the House of Blues and see their show.

You just jumped in, made your offensive posts- which from reading your previous posts is what you are inclined to do. Whether you like things or not isn't the issue- but you don't have to jump in and sh#t all over someone else's posts.

Edited by Stacey33

Timeline
harleytexas- what makes me mad is the fact you just jumped in this thread and made f#cking ignorant comments.

I don't care if you don't like the Tragically Hip or Tim Horton's coffee or anything else that fits the Canadian stereotype.

It's the fact you made your stupid pukey post. I would have respected the fact if you had said you weren't a fan of the Tragically Hip fan but at least said "have fun at the show". I'm not their hugest fan- I like a few of their songs that I have heard and I was excited to go down to the House of Blues and see their show.

You just jumped in, made your offensive posts- which from reading your previous posts is what you are inclined to do. Whether you like things or not isn't the issue- but you don't have to jump in and sh#t all over someone else's posts.

As one fine poster said about me being 18, I'm not 18....idiot, and I don't care what you think, since you are just being rude yourself now and the kind of language you are using/implying is pretty pathetic. Ineresting how a comment can make people lose their minds......I'm glad that they make you so happy to go see, I don't have anyone that I know that likes them except for my brother and he likes all sort of populist junk. I guess that makes me not a nice person to voice an opinion and follow it up with a little happy post to wish that you had fun. I guess no one should ever post an opinion that isn't nice or sappy. I was going to stoop as low as you and reply with the kind of language that you like use, but I'm above swearing at people online. Have a great day.....play a Hip song and drink a Hortons coffee for me.

Calling another poster on here an idiot is pretty pathetic.

You're obviously "not above" anything.

So if you are not 18, what are you? 12?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.