HaoRan

New Marriage in China, Which Visa, What Documents to translate

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all. This is my first post here and want to say it's a great site!!

My wife and I were just married in Shanghai China on September 25th of this year. Unfortunately, I need to return to the US (Florida) on November 3rd for family issues. My wife has a son who we plan to bring over later, about a year after she comes.

My questions are:

Which visa should I apply for to bring my new wife over?

What documents will I need translated (maybe just the marriage document from Chinese government?)?

What documents will my wife need to have translated and when will she need to show them?

I should be able to handle all of this from the states, is that correct?

Oh, one more,

I've been out of work since January of 06 because I've been in China. As I understand it the US wants to see 3 years of continious work so that they will know my wife will not be a burden on the US society. Will my employment gap cause a problem?

Thanks again and again, Great Site!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I can't answer your question but here's a forum that's specific to China;

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=94

2-2-07 Sent I-129F to NSC

2-6-07 NSC received USPS mail, NSC then to CSC

2-15-07 NOA1 -file received

2-16-07 check cashed

2-23-07 touched

5-4-07 NOA2 approval -email

5-13-07 sent cancellation request letter

6-7-07 we're going to retry with a K-3

8-6-07 married in Thailand (dual language, dual representation prenuptial)

8-7-07 sent K3 from Bangkok

9-10-07 I-130 NOA1, (received at CSC 8-9-07)

10-9-07 sent I-129F to CSC

11-1-07 touched I-130

requested consular processing I-130 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf)

9-13-07 I-129F for Spouse arrived CSC via USPS return rcpt. requested

4-1-08 NOA2 for K3 (I-134 supposed to be processed but processed I-129F instead)

7-11-08 interview Bangkok, passed.

7-16-08 POE arrival, 2 hours in Seattle Customs.

AOS I-486 sent 4-4-09

AOS NOA1 4-13-09 for all; I-485, I-131, I765

RFE 4-27-09 Thai official document in lieu of original Birth Certificate not sufficient???

Infopass appointment 5-26-09 at USCIS. Officer thought our doc was valid and doesn't know why the RFE.

7-28-09 EAD and AP sent

Social Security card 8-4-09

interview 9-10-09

10 year green card expires 9-17-19, Permanent Resident Card.

Resident since 9-10-09.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Apply for CR-1 by filing I-130 only NO I-129F, K-3 and CR-1 tend to take the same length of time to get through the consulate in Guangzhou.

K-3 costs more and involves more paperwork, CR-1 results in a green-card issued upon entry to the USA, NO adjustment of status or EAD filing needed like the K-3.

Also a great site specificaly set up for China Immigrations issues is "A Candle for Love"

http://candleforlove.com

The FAQ has everything needed to prepare for Guangzhou consulate.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=233487

You need the marriage cert and a translation of it to file for the petition, later for the visa interview your wife will need a Notory police cert, Notary birth Cert, and translations from the notary office.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

this helped me alot:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide1

I am going through CR1/CR2 wife/daughter. My wife and sisters support elderly parents, so she wants work right away and this is why we went CR route. when you get copies of needed paperwork, try to get 3 copies. I made a mistake on laopo's G325 with wrong b'date, Needed birth certificate for NVC to correct. I have all the needed docs here if you want to see pics of what they look like.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I can't answer your question but here's a forum that's specific to China;

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=94

Actually, there's plenty of China help in the main forums and I, for one, don't check out the China forum much. Candle for love is good but a lot of the same help is here too. Their FAQ for Guangzhou is excellent also.

I would take a real careful look at which visa path suits your needs best. Using the CR route for a child following later is a little more complicated on the front end than the K visa route but much simpler for both immigrants on after entry. Time might not be such a big factor for you if a child is being left behind but from China, the CR visa timeline is actually several months longer than the K visa route but has significant advantages too.

Petition approval is about the same timeline but the NVC phase is, at best, two months longer and could be 6 months longer. NVC to interview tends to be about three months longer than the K visas as well. I would project a best case difference in timeline between K and CR (for China) to be 5 months longer than a K visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.