3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Libya
Timeline

I have been reading posts and websites about what the NVC does. On the affidavit of support once its mailed back to the NVC whats the NVC do with it? Do they go over it or just make sure all forms are there and ships it all to the embassy? Another question if you need a joint sponsor do u need to have that person file the AOS b4 sending it all in to the NVC or will the embassy send us something when it all goes there? thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
I have been reading posts and websites about what the NVC does. On the affidavit of support once its mailed back to the NVC whats the NVC do with it? Do they go over it or just make sure all forms are there and ships it all to the embassy? Another question if you need a joint sponsor do u need to have that person file the AOS b4 sending it all in to the NVC or will the embassy send us something when it all goes there? thanks

1) The NVC goes over the forms and makes sure you sent all supporting documents.

2) The NVC will then issue an invoice for you to pay for the next set of forms (the DS-230).

3) Once they receive payment for this, you will get a letter saying they received the payment and to download the DS-230 form and complete it with supporting documents.

4) The applicant/beneficiary completes the DS-230 with supporting documents. Sends it back to NVC

5) Then you wait until you get to case complete stage.

6) Once case complete the paperwork (all forms and documents) get sent to the Embassy where the interview will be. You will be notified of interview day and given further instructions.

Joint sponsors should fill out an Affidavit of Support at the same time the petitioner does and send it with the petitioners. Make sure to have the same bar code sheet with the joint sponsors affidavit of support.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

In my case when my wife submitted the requeste docments to the NVC, they said everythig was ok even my wife didn't work alot last year and didn't make enough money, but her income now is above what they request.so she submitted empolyments letters stating how much she makes....but when I had my interview the consulare officer said I needed a co-sponsor so I don't think the NVC has alot to say in the affidivat of support.

and if your going to use a co-sponsor.you should send a signed completes affidivat of support from I-864 from you and the cosponsor along with your and his tax return documents and W-2 and a proof of citiznship for the cosponsor (birth cert or copy of passport).

Edited by Tarik

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.