Beauty for Ashes

um timelines

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ok

My timeline is moving farther and farther and farther away... In 2 months I went from an October approval to a November Approval to a December apprioval. Now I am in Late January.

I am now thinking by next week I will be somewhere in February and in January they will send me some off the wall RFE for some stamped Tunisian document that will take me 3 months to get.

Um... I am Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo over USCIS . And then the Vermont filers are whining.

Californias USCIS is the bastion of HELL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ok

My timeline is moving farther and farther and farther away... In 2 months I went from an October approval to a November Approval to a December apprioval. Now I am in Late January.

I am now thinking by next week I will be somewhere in February and in January they will send me some off the wall RFE for some stamped Tunisian document that will take me 3 months to get.

Um... I am Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo over USCIS . And then the Vermont filers are whining.

Im sorry to say that the service centers are all behind due to a huge intake of I485s to adjust status for H1 visas. They have a 90 day limit by law to get them done. That is now their first priority. AFTER they are caught up with that...they are then looking to prioritize the applications for naturalization...so people that applied can quickly become citizens..while the rest of us US CITIZENS wait to be reuinited with our loved ones... Not postive information...but information none the less....If you are concerned...write your senators, state representatives, Oprah..anyone u can find to listen. There are other threads with copies of letters written with address and who they were sent to. I was just recently interviewed by a reporter from the Washington Post regarding the slow downs and broken system the USCIS operates on.

Hope this explains it...

Filed: Timeline
Ok

Im sorry to say that the service centers are all behind due to a huge intake of I485s to adjust status for H1 visas. They have a 90 day limit by law to get them done. That is now their first priority. AFTER they are caught up with that...they are then looking to prioritize the applications for naturalization...so people that applied can quickly become citizens..while the rest of us US CITIZENS wait to be reuinited with our loved ones... Not postive information...but information none the less....If you are concerned...write your senators, state representatives, Oprah..anyone u can find to listen. There are other threads with copies of letters written with address and who they were sent to. I was just recently interviewed by a reporter from the Washington Post regarding the slow downs and broken system the USCIS operates on.

Hope this explains it...

Then how come some applications are getting processed? What are they doing? Working on one pile then going to pile 2 and then back to pile one and then back to pile two?

They have 90 days by law to process I-765s. And to process those, they need to get the I-485s that go along with them at least partially evaluated. And to get that done, they're pulling people from other offices to help.

That's been made the priority, and rumor has it that some people who normally process visa petitions were moved over for the interim to work on the I-485s. That doesn't mean that work has stopped on everything else, but it might mean that instead of (say) 10 people working on K-1s, they only have 9.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ok

I believe all of us here on this board have our own difficulties in being separated from our loved ones, for me, as VSC filer waiting.... who would like to have my NOA2 - seeing others who have waited far longer than I certainly puts it in perspective...I believe its important to focus on the positive and remember that WE ARE ALL in the same boat - all SEPARATED at some point, for some period of time from our loved ones - My six months or 12 months or 18 months, is no different than another's three months - both of us are hurting and want our loved ones...okay I feel better now...carry on everyone!!

Edited by MelindaandTarek

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The same is occurring with our timeline. At first I thought it was just me :unsure: but then I have noticed that the time has gone from January to February and now March. I know it is based on statics but what about the six-month period is this taken into consideration in any aspect of the current processing situation of the other types of visas? It will be interesting to see if there is a decision to "double" up workers to process family petitions as well. :wacko:

Samira

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

8-13-07: Sent package with I-129F to CSC overnight

9-25-07: NOA 1 recv

3-04-08: Approval Notice Sent

5-15-08:Interview Date

07-28-08:Visa Received (AP Hell 73 days)

08-02-08:US Entry (K-3)

08-05-08: Sent EAD package to CSC

12-07-08: Finally recvd EAD

04-20-09: AOS sent

07-23-09: AOS Interview-APPROVED!

Next file for Naturalization!

.png

and our family keeps growing and growing.....

x5Kpm8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.